ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 157 of 192
« First < 57107147153154155156157 158159160161167 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs Trade for OT Orlando Brown
Dante84 01:00 PM 04-23-2021
developing.

The #Ravens are trading LT Orlando Brown to the #Chiefs, per me and @MikeGarafolo. A new blindside protector for Patrick Mahomes.

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) April 23, 2021

Kansas City is trading its first-round pick Thursday night, along with three other picks in the 2021 and 2022 drafts, to the Baltimore Ravens in exchange for Pro Bowl OT Orlando Brown and one pick in the 2021 draft and another in 2022, per sources.

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) April 23, 2021

Full details: #Chiefs get:
Orland Brown, 2021 2nd and a 2022 6th rounder
Ravens get: 2021 1st, 3rd, 4th and 20221 5th

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) April 23, 2021

[Reply]
htismaqe 02:38 PM 12-07-2021
Originally Posted by BossChief:
He’s adjusting to the left a lot better than I thought he would. I’m interested to see how he does down the stretch against Bosa and Watt in the coming weeks. Those matchups will show his true improvement…but I’m not expecting any resemblance of dominance in either matchup…just competence. He’s also benefitting from far better communication between himself and Thuney so if he adjusts to compensate for protection of the edge, Thuney is watching to help with inside moves. That helps a TON.

Here’s my concern.

Baltimore lost Staley for the year again and Zeus is a lifetime Baltimore guy. He came here to have a chance to show he can play left tackle, but Baltimore may want to compete for his services and end up winning if we can’t afford to franchise him (which we probably won’t be able to, without losing other pieces that we don’t want to lose). I’m concerned we lose out on the long term extension in the same way we lost out on signing Silverback.
Good God, no. He's not going back to Baltimore and they're certainly not going to just throw away that first round pick.

They'll have plenty of room to franchise tag him. The cap is always able to be worked.
[Reply]
dlphg9 02:42 PM 12-07-2021
Originally Posted by tyreekthefreak:
The rusher FELL!!!!!
Because Brown pushed him to the ground. You can literally see the defender start to move backwards as Brown is extending his arm.

He didn't trip.

He didn't lose his footing.

He was shoved to the ground by a much bigger and stronger man.

Let the big boys talk and go play somewhere.
[Reply]
dlphg9 02:47 PM 12-07-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
To me, he's LOOKED better the last 3 or 4 weeks. I don't know the exact numbers but it seems to me he's progressing.
You wanna know why he's looked better?

Our QB is staying in the pocket and not needlessly bailing.

It's like you guys that want to say Fisher was better than Brown forget just how much you hated him when Alex Smith was looking like an idiot in the pocket. Alex Smith had horrible pocket presence and lots of people here were like Eric Fisher sucks! We can't block for Alex!

Patrick Mahomes comes and starts and looks like he has the best pocket presence in the league and what do ya know Eric Fisher makes a Pro Bowl and doesn't look like trash anymore.
[Reply]
htismaqe 02:55 PM 12-07-2021
Originally Posted by dlphg9:

It's like you guys that want to say Fisher was better than Brown forget just how much you hated him when Alex Smith was looking like an idiot in the pocket. Alex Smith had horrible pocket presence and lots of people here were like Eric Fisher sucks! We can't block for Alex!

Patrick Mahomes comes and starts and looks like he has the best pocket presence in the league and what do ya know Eric Fisher makes a Pro Bowl and doesn't look like trash anymore.
FTR, I'm not "you guys".

I don't think Fisher is better than Brown and I agree about Alex Smith.
[Reply]
dirk digler 02:59 PM 12-07-2021
Originally Posted by dlphg9:

I am no OL expert but Fisher seemed to be able to block Mahomes deep drops while Brown can't. IMHO if Brown can't do that then they need to move on and find somebody that can. I am mostly convinced that is part of the problem with Patrick this year, he likes deep drops as he can see the field better etc.

Then again I could be a fucking idiot so...
[Reply]
Dunerdr 03:00 PM 12-07-2021
I'd still like to see if Brown could improve against speed by trimming down a little. But hes been a lot better than he started.
[Reply]
BossChief 03:23 PM 12-07-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Good God, no. He's not going back to Baltimore and they're certainly not going to just throw away that first round pick.

They'll have plenty of room to franchise tag him. The cap is always able to be worked.
You’re assuming a lot.

1) we have no idea if a deal involving “no franchise tag in 2022” was reached (similar to what Solverback had with 49ers)

2) his contract demands

3) the set cap for 2022.

To act like it’s locked in stone that we will be able to tag him or re-sign him in the offseason isn’t as black and white as we may think…but I’d agree that it’s likely that re-signing him to a long term deal is a priority and it’s unlikely it doesn’t get done.
[Reply]
bowener 03:27 PM 12-07-2021
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Low man wins. The rusher was able to get down under Brown's pads and just put his entire lower body into it.

So yeah, you'd like to see Brown get his pads a little lower, but he's also kinda slow so if he does that, he's going to be less able to kick/slide if the rusher puts a move on him.

If Brown can stay upright and still re-anchor like he does there and hold the pocket, that's going to be good enough to let him 'cheat' on the speed/finesse moves. If he starts selling out to stonewall bull rushes, guys will start swimming him into oblivion or just speed rushing by him.

It's fine. He's cheating towards his weakness knowing his strengths are sufficient to still win the rep.
Thank you for your post.
[Reply]
TEX 03:37 PM 12-07-2021
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
I am no OL expert but Fisher seemed to be able to block Mahomes deep drops while Brown can't. IMHO if Brown can't do that then they need to move on and find somebody that can. I am mostly convinced that is part of the problem with Patrick this year, he likes deep drops as he can see the field better etc.

Then again I could be a ****ing idiot so...
You're not an idiot. It is part of the problem.
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 03:37 PM 12-07-2021
Originally Posted by Dunerdr:
I'd still like to see if Brown could improve against speed by trimming down a little. But hes been a lot better than he started.
For a guy that obviously knows he has more worries with a speed rush than a bull rush, I'm mildly surprised he didn't try this. And I suppose his technique on the left hand side could always get better but it would certainly be a bit nerve wrecking to see KC commit to a long term deal.

Not that the alternatives are all that great either.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 03:38 PM 12-07-2021
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Parsons is good man. Shit happens.
But he wasnt going against Parsons every snap and I get so tired of reading shit like this. If you're going to pay a LT elite money he sure as shit better win against Parsons.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 03:39 PM 12-07-2021
Re-signing Brown, if the team is comfortable with him and wants to move forward with him, will be priority #1. Above Mathieu. Above all else.

The Chiefs will also have no trouble finding cap space to keep him. Even if they do re-sign Mathieu. They can "restructure" piggy banks on Mahomes and Jones that can be smashed open if needed to find room. Or they can back-load a deal. Etc.

The idea the Chiefs won't be able to afford to franchise him if needed is ... insane.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:40 PM 12-07-2021
Originally Posted by Chief Pagan:
For a guy that obviously knows he has more worries with a speed rush than a bull rush, I'm mildly surprised he didn't try this. And I suppose his technique on the left hand side could always get better but it would certainly be a bit nerve wrecking to see KC commit to a long term deal.

Not that the alternatives are all that great either.
That's not really an 'in-season' thing; you're talking about something of a transformation of his body if you're going to cut weight and gain lateral agility.

And this is a guy who had made consecutive Pro Bowls coming into the season by being built like a tank. It's a hard sell to convince him to take that risk.

After this season I suspect we'll see some off-season training dedicated to dropping a little weight and gaining some flexibility and quickness.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 03:40 PM 12-07-2021
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
Parsons did damage from both sides of the line.

Brown struggled with him at times, but he's also a freak show athlete. Most tackles would struggle with him.
Bet. Let's pay him top LT money and when he gets beat by elite rushers we can make excuses for it. It's like when Niang got abused against Bosa and this board is like uhh come on its Bosa! Then Bosa plays the Raiders and gets shut down. BTW it wasnt just Parsons, Dorrance Armstrong was giving the line fits. I hate this argument I really do its extremely lazy. As far as Brown being an elite athlete? He has concrete feet
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 03:43 PM 12-07-2021
Originally Posted by BossChief:
You’re assuming a lot.

1) we have no idea if a deal involving “no franchise tag in 2022” was reached (similar to what Solverback had with 49ers)

2) his contract demands

3) the set cap for 2022.

To act like it’s locked in stone that we will be able to tag him or re-sign him in the offseason isn’t as black and white as we may think…but I’d agree that it’s likely that re-signing him to a long term deal is a priority and it’s unlikely it doesn’t get done.
1) I have no idea what you're talking about here. Brown is playing on his current contract from Baltimore. The Chiefs can franchise him if they so desire.

2) True

3) It won't matter. We'll have the ability to franchise Brown if we choose to do so. Period.
[Reply]
Page 157 of 192
« First < 57107147153154155156157 158159160161167 > Last »
Up