ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 122 of 319
« First < 2272112118119120121122 123124125126132172222 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Veach's '21 Offseason Plan to Keep Us Thriving: Let's speculate
Dante84 10:03 AM 02-08-2021
In order to prevent us wasting precious years of Patrick Mahomes' career, Veach needs to work some magic this offseason. What's your advice for him?
[Reply]
staylor26 03:40 PM 02-25-2021
Originally Posted by RunKC:
That’s a different conversation when you bring up guys like Smith who are projects. Of course you can get them later bc that’s what they are: projects.

I’m taking about a quality starting LT. One you can plug in day one to play while Fisher is hurt and be good long term. That ain’t Smith or quite a few of those guys.

There will likely be a run on LT’s early due to the top 3 or 4 elite prospects but guys like Cosmi who could be top 20 picks in a regular year?

There’s a guy like that at 31 then there’s a very high probability that they are the BPA
So you believe a guy like Cosmi could make it to 31, but you don’t think Little or Hudson can make it to 63?

Dude, one of those things is MUCH more likely than the other and not the one you think....
[Reply]
htismaqe 03:42 PM 02-25-2021
Originally Posted by RunKC:
That’s a different conversation when you bring up guys like Smith who are projects. Of course you can get them later bc that’s what they are: projects.

I’m taking about a quality starting LT. One you can plug in day one to play while Fisher is hurt and be good long term. That ain’t Smith or quite a few of those guys.

There will likely be a run on LT’s early due to the top 3 or 4 elite prospects but guys like Cosmi who could be top 20 picks in a regular year?

There’s a guy like that at 31 then there’s a very high probability that they are the BPA
If both Fisher and Schwartz are coming back, there's zero reason to spend a first round pick on a guy that's going to play for a couple of months and then sit on the bench, especially since he'd likely end up getting moved to RT after Schwartz is gone anyway.

That's just not a good use of resources. You're letting the Super Bowl debacle cloud your judgement.

Now, if Schwartz or Fisher are not coming back, then a 1st round OT makes a lot more sense.
[Reply]
The Franchise 03:42 PM 02-25-2021
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
seems like a good place to drop this:
Sure. Have a 7th round pick in 2022.
[Reply]
htismaqe 03:43 PM 02-25-2021
I'd be down with that. If you could get a former first round pick for a 4th or something, you do it.
[Reply]
The Franchise 03:44 PM 02-25-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
I'd be down with that. If you could get a former first round pick for a 4th or something, you do it.

Titans do not necessarily expect a lot in return for first-round offensive tackle Isaiah Wilson in any potential trade, according to league sources. Most anticipated late-round draft pick, if anything develops

— Aaron Wilson (@AaronWilson_NFL) February 25, 2021

[Reply]
staylor26 03:45 PM 02-25-2021
Wilson was a disaster in year 1 off the field (he was never actually on it), but Veach does love his former 1st round pick reclamation projects.

I’d be down with that as long as it’s not a day 2 pick.
[Reply]
htismaqe 03:45 PM 02-25-2021
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
That's exactly the kind of move this team needs to make, flip them a 6th and go into the draft with even more flexibility.
[Reply]
htismaqe 03:46 PM 02-25-2021
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Wilson was a disaster in year 1 off the field (he was never actually on it), but Veach does love his former 1st round pick reclamation projects.

I’d be down with that as long as it’s not a day 2 pick.
Yeah, it was all off the field.

And we're talking about him going from Mike Vrabel to Andy Reid. It could work, it absolutely could.
[Reply]
staylor26 03:47 PM 02-25-2021
Niang, Prince, and Wilson would be a nice group of young talent at T.
[Reply]
mkp785 03:47 PM 02-25-2021
He's more of a RT though correct? Idk if we need that level of crazy in our locker room either way.
[Reply]
The Franchise 03:50 PM 02-25-2021
I wonder if he’d be a fit at guard.
[Reply]
staylor26 03:50 PM 02-25-2021
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
I wonder if he’d be a fit at guard.
I think he’s too big and not athletic enough for Reid on the IOL.

I think he’s a RT only in this system, if they feel he’s even a fit there.
[Reply]
mkp785 03:53 PM 02-25-2021
Yeah, it was all off the field.

And we're talking about him going from Mike Vrabel to Andy Reid. It could work, it absolutely could.
If it's only gonna cost a 7th or so then why not I guess but too much more for a guy that couldn't be bothered to block for Derrick Henry says alot.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 03:54 PM 02-25-2021
Not interested in paying this schmuck the salary of a 1st round pick. If he's cut then vet minimum.
[Reply]
RunKC 03:54 PM 02-25-2021
If both Fisher and Schwartz are coming back, there's zero reason to spend a first round pick on a guy that's going to play for a couple of months and then sit on the bench, especially since he'd likely end up getting moved to RT after Schwartz is gone anyway.

That's just not a good use of resources. You're letting the Super Bowl debacle cloud your judgement.

Now, if Schwartz or Fisher are not coming back, then a 1st round OT makes a lot more sense.
If there is a good quality LT that you think can be the answer long term then you take them. That’s the definition of BPA considering we wouldn’t be reaching for need since Fisher and Schwartz will be back at some point. Good LT’s are hard to find. There aren’t many of them. They also go quickly in the draft and get our massive salaries in FA, so a year where one might be available late in the first td would be amazing for us.

As for this next season, you play the kid at LT and when Fish comes back you put them inside at LG. It’s Allegretti and Wylie at that spot currently. That’s not a difficult decision. As Andy says “okay the 5 best guys”.

A cheap quality LT changes everything. One of the highest paid players on your team is now cheap for 5 years while you have the highest paid player in the league. They could also dump Clark after this year and have a ton of money free for reloading the roster.

Again, they need to determine that one of those prospects is worthy but considering this class it’s very possible.
[Reply]
Page 122 of 319
« First < 2272112118119120121122 123124125126132172222 > Last »
Up