ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 10
< 12345 6789 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>What is your first memory in life?
Stewie 03:54 PM 09-29-2011
We had this discussion at work today.

One guy said he remembered being born. We said BS! I've seen that on the Interwebs that this isn't uncommon.

Mine was being in a high chair as an infant around the dinner table. I have no idea the context of that memory.
[Reply]
HemiEd 09:27 PM 09-29-2011
Originally Posted by seclark:
i'm an old bastard, so 1st grade is about the best i can do.

mrs. davis
first grade teacher and bitch
about 6'4" and 210lbs of pure bitch
her legs looked like groundhogs...hairy...she was a bitch
hunched up shoulders...whiskers on her upper lip. bitch
forced me to eat spinach, saying, "we try everything on our tray". ****ing bitch
i puked in her lap...bitch.
had to write on the blackboard 30 times, "i will not throw up in the lunch room." during recess...bitch ****.
sec
:-) Did she wear those rolled up hose?
[Reply]
RJ 09:35 PM 09-29-2011
I have a memory of looking out an open apartment window onto a train yard. My mother says I'm remembering visiting an uncle in Kankakee, Illinois when I was about 18 months old. Of course, I have no idea how accurate my mother's memory is.
[Reply]
Dr. Johnny Fever 09:39 PM 09-29-2011
Originally Posted by DaFace:
My earliest memory was learning how to cut carrots in preschool. I remember being really proud that I could cut a carrot and showed my mom when she showed up to pick me up.

I have slightly higher standards for what qualifies as an accomplishment these days.
Posted via Mobile Device
Don't under estimate that carrot cutting thing 'Face. Kids and knives is a dangerous thing and you mastered it. It was probably the first sign you'd one day be King Mod of an important internet bulletin board.
[Reply]
luv 09:43 PM 09-29-2011
One time, while I was probably 8 or so, I told my mom about a dream I had. I was in a hospital room, and it had Sesame Street characters on the wall. The nurse was putting a band-aid on my arm, and my grandma came in and took me for a walk down the hallway. My mom looked at me and said that actually happened. Whenever I was two years old, I had double pneumonia. I had to be hospitalized. The walls in the unit had Sesame Street characters. The nurse would put a band-aid on my arm whenever she had to give me a shot or have me on an IV. My grandma would come up every afternoon and take me for walks down the hallways. So, I guess I was remembering that in my dream.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 09:47 PM 09-29-2011
I'm not sure.

It's either trying to eat the toxic berries in my backyard or screaming like a demonic child as they ripped me away from my mother on the first day of school. Very traumatizing.
[Reply]
Ugly Duck 11:33 PM 09-29-2011
Originally Posted by Pants:
One is physically unable to remember being born as the hippocampus is not formed until the age between 2 to 3 years old.
I hadda hippocampus at 18 months. I remember seeing President Eisenhower at the Rose Parade in Pasadena. People were throwing confetti from the buildings & some guy lifted me up so I could see the President over the crowd. He was standing up in a convertible waving to the cheering throngs.
[Reply]
Rain Man 11:49 PM 09-29-2011
Originally Posted by Pants:
One is physically unable to remember being born as the hippocampus is not formed until the age between 2 to 3 years old.
Andrew Luck had not just one, but two hippocampuses when he was in the womb.
[Reply]
Bump 12:16 AM 09-30-2011
I have a foggy memory of being attacked by neighbors dogs, I barely remember seeing them get through their fence and then it's nothing.
[Reply]
sd4chiefs 12:23 AM 09-30-2011
I can remember going to Union Station with my parents to take a train to go visit my Grandparents. It was like 1959 and I was 4 years old. It was packed and all the men were wearing suits and had hats.
[Reply]
NJChiefsFan 12:31 AM 09-30-2011
Originally Posted by sd4chiefs:
I can remember going to Union Station with my parents to take a train to go visit my Grandparents. It was like 1959 and I was 4 years old. It was packed and all the men were wearing suits and had hats.
I kinda would like it if everyone went to suites and hats. Maybe I should just do it on my own and get it started again. Cooler ties this time, although the Commi-era suits are cool looking.
[Reply]
Buck 07:11 PM 01-13-2012
My earliest memory is from when I was 3 years old or so. I was assembling and playing with one of those balsa wood airplane kits that came in the little pouches. Something like this.

[Reply]
Phobia 07:24 PM 01-13-2012
Sucking on my mother's boobs. She had me very young so they were still quite nice...
[Reply]
stonedstooge 07:28 PM 01-13-2012
Remember watching as Walter Cronkite broke the news to the country and crying because my Mom was crying. I was 4
[Reply]
scho63 07:32 PM 01-13-2012
Sitting in a high chair around 1 1/2 to 2 years old and my Mother trying to feed me scrambled eggs with ketchup on them and I kept spitting them out because I hated them and her saying to someone that I was the only child who wouldn't eats eggs.

48 years later I still HATE eggs with a passion and never have eaten one. The smell of egg salad causes me to vomit. I normally have to leave the table if someone next to me eats sunny side up or soft boiled eggs. YUCK!
[Reply]
KChiefer 07:41 PM 01-13-2012
I have many, but I think this was the earliest.

I hid myself in a wicker box that my toys were stored in so I could pop out and surprise someone. I recall feeling, "I'm so F-ing clever!"

I remember a fight my parents had when I was very young. I recall the day our dog ran away the first day we got him. I remember acting like I was blowing gum bubbles by basically just spitting it out halfway. All of these were likely pre-5yrs.

Once, I got in trouble with my father for pissing my pants. Also, one time I got lost in a shopping mall, then shat my pants. Never have I recalled potty training. Thankfully, I picked it up before schooling and have only relapsed a few times after heavy drinking.
[Reply]
Page 5 of 10
< 12345 6789 > Last »
Up