Nzoner's Game Room>Investing megathread extravaganza
DaFace 11:23 AM 06-27-2016
A place to talk about investing stuff.
[Reply]
Rain Man 09:32 AM 02-23-2024
Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin:
Here you go, next NVDA And earnings 2/26 . SKYT $9 right now
Interesting. What's your premise?

I'm also debating buying some of Tinyevel's ELOT stock while the price is down. Or maybe not.
[Reply]
scho63 09:45 AM 02-23-2024
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
Okay, they took my $200,000 back. I'm disappointed, but I understand.
Nigerian Prince?
[Reply]
Buehler445 10:19 AM 02-23-2024
So, there are some indicators that show stocks might be overpriced.

Normally this stuff is uninteresting drivel, but I thought this was interesting. Big investors have to file their prior quarter transactions to the SEC. Normally by the time it's disclosed, the timing isn't right to follow their lead on any buys, but the disclosures showed a bunch of dudes were selling.

Right or wrong it's interesting.

Maybe some of it is a function of of being able to achieve a return on cash (finally), maybe some of it was profit taking and waiting to reinvest, no way to know.

Nonetheless, it's interesting.

[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 02:12 PM 02-23-2024
Interesting. What's your premise?

I'm also debating buying some of Tinyevel's ELOT stock while the price is down. Or maybe not.
Skywater technology is a growing semiconductor company, was watching a video about them the other day about looking for a company that could be the next NVDA, Amazon, MSFT type .

I bought NVDA early but didn't know it at the time and sold at $53 and was proud of making a big profit. LOL :-)
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 05:31 PM 02-23-2024
Another one is ARM , I felt like it would be the eventual King of the conducters

I started buying it back in October at $50 and now it's at $133. I think it will grow into NVDA status
[Reply]
RockChalk 09:21 AM 02-26-2024
Skywater technology is a growing semiconductor company, was watching a video about them the other day about looking for a company that could be the next NVDA, Amazon, MSFT type .

I bought NVDA early but didn't know it at the time and sold at $53 and was proud of making a big profit. LOL :-)
Your timing was great, as they had a decent drop Friday morning. Bought 150 shares at it's low point.
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 04:08 PM 02-26-2024
Originally Posted by RockChalk:
Your timing was great, as they had a decent drop Friday morning. Bought 150 shares at it's low point.
Are you holding long or taking the swing ??
[Reply]
Buehler445 06:30 PM 02-26-2024
So you all are probably going to hate this, but I feel compelled to make a case for dumping NVDA.

First, the market cap of NVDA is more than the ENTIRE Chinese Stock Exchange.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/nvidi...010315545.html

P/E Ratio
NVDA 66.28
Microsoft 36.86 (also pushed up by the AI)
Google 24.52 (probably the best shot at applicable AI)
Qualcomm 22.02
Texas Instruments 23.05

Some analyst I heard say in order to reach it's lofty valuation, it would have to get ANOTHER paradigm changing technology and dominate it like they did AI. No clue if that's right or not, but that's fairly horrifying.

I've done it with commodities, it's a lot easier to live with yourself if you give up some upside than if you ride it down. It does for me anyway.

If it were me, I'd dump it.
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 03:31 AM 02-27-2024
I like GOOGL at this price.
[Reply]
big nasty kcnut 03:54 AM 02-27-2024
Any low end stock i should buy before they get stupid high?
[Reply]
RockChalk 01:36 PM 02-27-2024
Are you holding long or taking the swing ??
I think I'm gonna hold on to it
[Reply]
Rain Man 01:57 PM 02-27-2024
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
So you all are probably going to hate this, but I feel compelled to make a case for dumping NVDA.

First, the market cap of NVDA is more than the ENTIRE Chinese Stock Exchange.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/nvidi...010315545.html

P/E Ratio
NVDA 66.28
Microsoft 36.86 (also pushed up by the AI)
Google 24.52 (probably the best shot at applicable AI)
Qualcomm 22.02
Texas Instruments 23.05

Some analyst I heard say in order to reach it's lofty valuation, it would have to get ANOTHER paradigm changing technology and dominate it like they did AI. No clue if that's right or not, but that's fairly horrifying.

I've done it with commodities, it's a lot easier to live with yourself if you give up some upside than if you ride it down. It does for me anyway.

If it were me, I'd dump it.

Having lived through the dotcom bubble disaster, I'm wary of a stock crashing, and honestly I've never had a stock do as well as NVDA has these last three years, so it's unprecedented for me to consider.

TSLA came close on the upside. I was up 900+ percent on it for a while, and then it lost half its value. However, I didn't have a ton of it initially so I survived the downside and am still very happy.

But NVDA? I'm up over 1,000 percent on it now, and losing half of that would still be a great win, but it would sure hurt. I'm selling off tiny bits, and the nice thing is that I can sell off 10 percent of my stock now and all the rest will be profit.

I'm also scarred by selling all of my Dell stock in the early 1990s. I doubled my money and thought I was a genius, and the stock went up a hundredfold after I sold it. That hurt. So I have to keep a fair amount of NVDA on the chance that it does the same thing, and I think it's as likely to do that as fall 90 percent.

tl;dr. I've got enough profit that I'm selling a tiny bit to get my original money out and ensure that there'll never be a loss, but I'm too scarred by past FOMO to sell a lot of it.
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 02:36 PM 02-27-2024
NVDA needs to do a stock split pronto. 4:1 will work
[Reply]
Buehler445 03:13 PM 02-27-2024
Having lived through the dotcom bubble disaster, I'm wary of a stock crashing, and honestly I've never had a stock do as well as NVDA has these last three years, so it's unprecedented for me to consider.

TSLA came close on the upside. I was up 900+ percent on it for a while, and then it lost half its value. However, I didn't have a ton of it initially so I survived the downside and am still very happy.

But NVDA? I'm up over 1,000 percent on it now, and losing half of that would still be a great win, but it would sure hurt. I'm selling off tiny bits, and the nice thing is that I can sell off 10 percent of my stock now and all the rest will be profit.

I'm also scarred by selling all of my Dell stock in the early 1990s. I doubled my money and thought I was a genius, and the stock went up a hundredfold after I sold it. That hurt. So I have to keep a fair amount of NVDA on the chance that it does the same thing, and I think it's as likely to do that as fall 90 percent.

tl;dr. I've got enough profit that I'm selling a tiny bit to get my original money out and ensure that there'll never be a loss, but I'm too scarred by past FOMO to sell a lot of it.
That's all fair, and I don't have any so I recognize that it's easier for me to say.

I would say that if it has a Dell type run, is that even possible? I heard just today the market cap of NVDA is bigger than the stock market of Germany and the increas in market cap was enough to represent the ENTIRE market cap for GM, Ford and Ferrari.

If it goes up like the Dell stock did then it would just be, what? bigger than every other stock on the planet combined? I don't think I'm going out on a limb saying that move has already happened (see Hog Farmer's story).

FOMO is a real thing, but goddamn, I'd have trouble not booking at least the 10% to me to even.
[Reply]
lewdog 09:11 PM 02-27-2024

What percentage do you normally allocate to individual stock position size? You could sell off some of NVDA to get it down to your normal range if it's taken over a large percentage of your total individual stock percentage.
[Reply]
Page 923 of 934
« First < 423823873913919920921922923 924925926927933 > Last »
Up