ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 8 of 19
« First < 45678 910111218 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs sign a rugby player
RunKC 05:46 PM 03-27-2024
Interesting

Rugby star Louis Rees-Zammit will be signing with the #Chiefs on Friday, per sources.

After working out and impressing Kansas City’s staff earlier this week, they have agreed on terms. I’m told Rees-Zammit will be playing RB/WR. pic.twitter.com/o6ftzwhC6F

— Jordan Schultz (@Schultz_Report) March 27, 2024

[Reply]
neech 06:28 AM 03-28-2024
Originally Posted by SithCeNtZ:
Unfortunately, while a cool thing to imagine, there is no place for consistent laterals schematically that have any real impact on the game. We can already see how laterals are done at the line of scrimmage: option plays are hardly new or uncommon. While useful, they aren't anything game breaking.

So the only other level this can be groundbreaking is in the passing game, and here is where laterals run counter to NFL strategy. In order to lateral you obviously need two players, but scheming a nice gain in football is generally designed around getting a player in space with as few people around as possible. You don't want Kelce running routes with Rice 5 yards away ready for a lateral, that's just inviting problems. Couple that with the fact that unlike in Rugby, the defense is always at a fairly large advantage tackling wise given the Oline and probably QB are out of the play once the ball is thrown down field, and you are going to have to find a lateral play that can attack 4 or so vs 6-8 guys. So even if the lateral works, it's probably not going for some huge gain. Ultimately there is a reason kelce has done this like 4 times in hundreds of catches in his career. It's just not a viable NFL strategy to consistently do and spend time on practicing.
Party pooper.
[Reply]
tmax63 06:31 AM 03-28-2024
Helluva athlete used to playing with an oblong ball. Doesn't take up any roster space and inexpensive as far as players go. I don't see any real downside to this. Who knows what the ceiling is.
[Reply]
rico 06:53 AM 03-28-2024
I love this… it’s actually making me want to check out rugby more…sport seems kinda cool.
[Reply]
fadeaway 08:00 AM 03-28-2024
Have watched this lad a lot, as i am from Gloucestershire, UK! This signing has me very excited.

He was a very promising player from a young age that England and Wales both wanted his national allegiance. As people can see, very fast, very agile, very twitchy. Will be right at home during the new kick returns and will most certainly have better hands than some of the garbage we saw at WR last year
[Reply]
Holladay 08:36 AM 03-28-2024
Now we need to look at Sumo wrestlers for the OL/DL. Think outside the box
[Reply]
Monticore 08:48 AM 03-28-2024
Probably more football IQ and feel for the game than Moore and Hardman
[Reply]
notorious 08:48 AM 03-28-2024
Bobby Sippio reincarnated as a white dude.
[Reply]
JohnnyHammersticks 08:51 AM 03-28-2024
Originally Posted by Superbowltrashcan:
Someday I’ll figure out how to embed successfully…
Here is the link…

http://https://youtu.be/H62a_iCJ-zg?si=sF8SZRRKYwNzhaJx
Embedding is rough. Clicking share, then clicking embed, then clicking copy. You basically have to know advanced coding to be able to maneuver something like that.
[Reply]
wazu 08:56 AM 03-28-2024
Originally Posted by JohnnyHammersticks:
Embedding is rough. Clicking share, then clicking embed, then clicking copy. You basically have to know advanced coding to be able to maneuver something like that.
In fairness, YouTube has for some reason decided to make this a pain in the ass. If you're actually watching a video or on that video's dedicated page, there is no "Share" button anymore. You have to go find that video in a list, either on it's channel or via search, then you can right click on some options that lead you to be able to share. I'm guessing they don't really want people embedding as they'd rather get visitors to YouTube itself.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:59 AM 03-28-2024
Originally Posted by wazu:
In fairness, YouTube has for some reason decided to make this a pain in the ass. If you're actually watching a video or on that video's dedicated page, there is no "Share" button anymore. You have to go find that video in a list, either on it's channel or via search, then you can right click on some options that lead you to be able to share. I'm guessing they don't really want people embedding as they'd rather get visitors to YouTube itself.
Of course thats the reason.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 09:01 AM 03-28-2024
Originally Posted by Superbowltrashcan:
Someday I’ll figure out how to embed successfully…
Here is the link…
http://https://youtu.be/H62a_iCJ-zg?si=sF8SZRRKYwNzhaJx
Here ya go

[Reply]
BigRedChief 09:04 AM 03-28-2024
Originally Posted by tmax63:
Helluva athlete used to playing with an oblong ball. Doesn't take up any roster space and inexpensive as far as players go. I don't see any real downside to this. Who knows what the ceiling is.
We always have to have a new player to be excited about that we got cheap that might help the team. Every year.

We already have the talent to bring that 3peat home. All the rest of the off-season is just icing on the 3peat immortality cake.

The dude is fast. He's use to getting hit without pads and holding on to the ball. Andy could have a blast with this guy.
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 09:07 AM 03-28-2024
He's better than Skyy Less and Toney.
[Reply]
JohnnyHammersticks 09:21 AM 03-28-2024
Originally Posted by wazu:
When I pull up a YouTube video the share button is right underneath it right next to thumbs up/down. Every single time.
[Reply]
wazu 09:24 AM 03-28-2024
Originally Posted by JohnnyHammersticks:
When I pull up a YouTube video the share button is right underneath it. Every single time.
This is what I see in a Chrome browser.
Attached: youtube.jpg (38.6 KB) 
[Reply]
Page 8 of 19
« First < 45678 910111218 > Last »
Up