ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 7 of 120
« First < 34567 8910111757107 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official 2023 STL Cardinals Thread ***
BigRedChief 08:39 AM 03-29-2023
2023 thread. Walker makes the roster. I'll update the rosters and opening day lineup when its official

2023 Opening Day Lineup
Spoiler!

2022 Opening Day roster.
Spoiler!

For the new Cardinal fans that joined the Planet since last year, here are some of the historical threads going back to 2006.
Spoiler!

[Reply]
DJ's left nut 06:08 AM 04-04-2023
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
Is this something that can be taught without ****ing him Up?

He’s hitting 107 MPH grounders routinely. Get some lift and those are home runs. Can it be done? He’s only 20, so maybe he’s not so set in his ways.
Yeah - takes time and patience, but absolutely.

We'll see if it takes with Donovan but he's been working on it. And a name that won't make sense to you but is a perfect example is Stephen Piscotty. He was maaaaaybe going to make it out of AA until he learned to lift the ball and get rid of that god-awful slap hitter nonsense they teach at Stanford.

He's an example of what marginal talent can do when they develop. He went from a minor league washout to a major league player with a reasonably long career.

Now take a guy with superstar talent and the impact will be even more apparent.
[Reply]
bdj23 05:53 PM 04-04-2023
So...Jordan Montgomery is the only pitcher on the staff that isn't a broke dick?
[Reply]
raybec 4 06:04 PM 04-04-2023
Originally Posted by BDj23:
So...Jordan Montgomery is the only pitcher on the staff that isn't a broke dick?
Matz is lobbing them up there
[Reply]
bdj23 06:05 PM 04-04-2023
Originally Posted by raybec 4:
BUT HE HAD SUCH A GOOD SPRING TRAINING
[Reply]
bdj23 06:18 PM 04-04-2023
I'm about to turn this shit off Matz is pitching BP
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 07:13 PM 04-04-2023
This team can't pitch.

And someone tell me how a squad with an offense this deep is EVER rostering, let alone starting, Taylor fucking Motter.

Unreal.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 07:15 PM 04-04-2023
I'll say this again - a teams offense determines it's ceiling but it's pitching determines it's floor.

Fix this staff or these guys can genuinely lose 90 games.

This is wholly unacceptable for a team with the fan support the Cardinals have. It's just a slap in the face of the fanbase.
[Reply]
jd1020 07:17 PM 04-04-2023
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
I'll say this again - a teams offense determines it's ceiling but it's pitching determines it's floor.

Fix this staff or these guys can genuinely lose 90 games.

This is wholly unacceptable for a team with the fan support the Cardinals have. It's just a slap in the face of the fanbase.
Hold my beer.
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 07:19 PM 04-04-2023
This team can't pitch.

And someone tell me how a squad with an offense this deep is EVER rostering, let alone starting, Taylor ****ing Motter.

Unreal.
Braves are also the best team in the NL. But yes the Cardinals need pitching. They have plenty of offense assets that could be moved easy for pitching.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 07:19 PM 04-04-2023
Originally Posted by raybec 4:
Lots of meatballs. :-)
[Reply]
BigRedChief 07:23 PM 04-04-2023
Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry:
Braves are also the best team in the NL. But yes the Cardinals need pitching. They have plenty of offense assets that could be moved easy for pitching.
Our prospects are viewed as museum quality Faberge eggs by our idiot GM. We can’t deal those players even for Scherzer.

We have way too many talented outfielders/3B players. We are sitting players who should be starting because there is no spot on defense for them. Some are worth quality pitching to teams. But we have an idiot GM, so…. It’s not happening.
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 07:23 PM 04-04-2023
You know the meme about the AFC West spending a half billion to beat Mahomes and they don't. I think you will be seeing that with the Braves and Mets.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 07:28 PM 04-04-2023
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
Lots of meatballs. :-)
Matzballs?

{rimshot}
[Reply]
Miles 07:33 PM 04-04-2023
This team can't pitch.

And someone tell me how a squad with an offense this deep is EVER rostering, let alone starting, Taylor fucking Motter.

Unreal.
Motter being on the roster and playing is so weird it’s actually kinda funny.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 07:38 PM 04-04-2023
Originally Posted by Miles:
Motter being on the roster and playing is so weird it’s actually kinda funny.
We have plenty of 2B (Donovan, Edmond, Gorman). He’s on his 9th org. He’s old. Sitting Gorman or Donovan for him? What am I missing?
[Reply]
Page 7 of 120
« First < 34567 8910111757107 > Last »
Up