ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 309 of 315
« First < 209259299305306307308309 310311312313 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Sandbox Simulations is open for business! Sign up now!
Rain Man 04:29 PM 02-24-2019
Not available in stores! Buy now! Special price of only $1 for a limited time only. We're up and running!

Go to www.sandboxsimulations.com to sign up. (You can learn more about the game as well.)

For the time being, we set the price to $1, and we can't limit it to just the game testers, so if you're interested, you'll also get the $1 price. Just sign up.

This is a fresh reset, so everyone will have new teams and we'll do a new draft.

Also, please give us any feedback about what you like or don't like, and how we can improve navigation. We've updated all of the systems, so there's a chance that errors are lurking somewhere, but we think we're good to go now. Let us know if something bad happens to you.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:37 AM 10-20-2023
Fascinating to me to see the differences in approach.

I mean we have Tyrann Mathieu coming off the board. Von Miller, Quandre Diggs.

Y'all out there picking up 30 year old DBs to form the top 20% of your teams foundation? Then again I'm out there taking a guy like Austin Jackson because he WAS a high pick and has a starting role but hasn't really lived up to his billing so I'm trying to buy low. Dude may well be out of the league in 2 years.

But I'm pretty damn certain Tyrann Mathieu will be, especially after watching Christian Kirk abuse him and then murder his pets last night. Lord that was ugly.
[Reply]
TambaBerry 10:22 AM 10-20-2023
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Fascinating to me to see the differences in approach.

I mean we have Tyrann Mathieu coming off the board. Von Miller, Quandre Diggs.

Y'all out there picking up 30 year old DBs to form the top 20% of your teams foundation? Then again I'm out there taking a guy like Austin Jackson because he WAS a high pick and has a starting role but hasn't really lived up to his billing so I'm trying to buy low. Dude may well be out of the league in 2 years.

But I'm pretty damn certain Tyrann Mathieu will be, especially after watching Christian Kirk abuse him and then murder his pets last night. Lord that was ugly.
Hunter and Morse have both been in the league since 2015 and they're the oldest players. I almost took someone older then that but had the same thought. I don't want to be tied to a contract on those players and have them retire or fall out of the league. I would rather take the chance on younger guys. My tackles are Evan Neal and Ikem Ekwonu both high draft picks who I don''t think have lived up to what they can do either.
[Reply]
Rain Man 12:00 PM 10-20-2023
I apologize for drafting a bronco, but I really didn't have much choice. The WR pool is getting thin.
[Reply]
PHOG 01:04 PM 10-20-2023
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
I apologize for drafting a bronco, but I really didn't have much choice. The WR pool is getting thin.
Hmmph...:-)

:-)
[Reply]
PHOG 01:15 PM 10-20-2023
I could only offer Diggs a 2 year contract until I draft his replacement also. I think my RT is 32? Yeah, he won't be getting a large contract. Just hole fillers for now I guess. :-)
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 01:21 PM 10-20-2023
Originally Posted by PHOG:
I could only offer Diggs a 2 year contract until I draft his replacement also. I think my RT is 32? Yeah, he won't be getting a large contract. Just hole fillers for now I guess. :-)
Yeah, that's definitely the drawback to my approach. It's expensive and really high risk.

Offering a 4 year deal to a T2 player on the basis of his draft status and the fact that he's finally a starter three years into his rookie deal has a good chance of blowing up on me. But oh well.

Still feel like the defense is coming along nicely. JOK as a 3-down backer and a pair of really nice staring CBs in Samuel and Murphy Bunting is better than I expected to have waiting so long to attack the positions.
[Reply]
PHOG 01:24 PM 10-20-2023
Yes, there are still some good deals to be had, but they're getting harder to find by the day if not hour. I think I have an avenue to follow, and then a mini-run starts and I do something different.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:24 PM 10-20-2023
Moar receivers!!!!'

But cmon. "Well I could draft the 12th beat guard in football instead of the 16th in 5 rounds...or Jameson mothafucking Williams!"

And it ain't like I NEED him to be amazing. That's a risk I can take.
[Reply]
TambaBerry 10:50 AM 10-21-2023
A starting secondary of Daxton Hill, Byron Murphy, Brandon Stephens, and Jordan Whitehead isn't awful but hopefully they can do well enough to allow my front 7 to go to work
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:58 AM 10-21-2023
Originally Posted by TambaBerry:
A starting secondary of Daxton Hill, Byron Murphy, Brandon Stephens, and Jordan Whitehead isn't awful but hopefully they can do well enough to allow my front 7 to go to work
I'm pretty pleased with my CBs.

Not a clear CB1 but 3 guys who would be real good CB2s with Samuel, Murphy-Bunting and Hobbes. Hobbes is particularly well-suited for NCB and Samuel/Murphy-Bunting make nice boundary options.

Now where I'm really intrigued is my present CB4 - Jeff Okudah. #3 overall pick in 2020 who looked for all the world like a can't miss guy. Then he got hurt, missed a couple seasons and struggled last season for Detroit. He sure looks like he's recovered that form in Atlanta since they traded him though. He ate Mclaurin's lunch last week.

There's real lock-down potential there and he's still only 24.

Just fits with the theme of my draft really. High high ceiling and demonstrating a quality floor as well. Similar to the two picks before him - Kinlaw and Jamin Davis. If he continues on this arc, my secondary will have an outstanding foundation.
[Reply]
TambaBerry 02:30 PM 10-21-2023
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
I'm pretty pleased with my CBs.

Not a clear CB1 but 3 guys who would be real good CB2s with Samuel, Murphy-Bunting and Hobbes. Hobbes is particularly well-suited for NCB and Samuel/Murphy-Bunting make nice boundary options.

Now where I'm really intrigued is my present CB4 - Jeff Okudah. #3 overall pick in 2020 who looked for all the world like a can't miss guy. Then he got hurt, missed a couple seasons and struggled last season for Detroit. He sure looks like he's recovered that form in Atlanta since they traded him though. He ate Mclaurin's lunch last week.

There's real lock-down potential there and he's still only 24.

Just fits with the theme of my draft really. High high ceiling and demonstrating a quality floor as well. Similar to the two picks before him - Kinlaw and Jamin Davis. If he continues on this arc, my secondary will have an outstanding foundation.
Okudah was on my list but I didn't like the fact that he doesn't play all the snaps so wasn''t sure how the sandbox algorithm would handle that
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:04 PM 10-21-2023
Originally Posted by TambaBerry:
Okudah was on my list but I didn't like the fact that he doesn't play all the snaps so wasn''t sure how the sandbox algorithm would handle that
He has the last three weeks. He's had 160 snaps since they put him in the starting lineup.
[Reply]
Rain Man 10:19 PM 10-21-2023
I was out of touch today, so I loaded up my picks and went on autodraft.

And man, no one drafted a front-seven player and they drafted everything else. So I have a strong and deep front seven now since they all rose to the top for me.

We're going to continuously launch relentless human wave assaults on the passer and the line of scrimmage.
[Reply]
PHOG 09:14 AM 10-22-2023

We're going to continuously launch relentless human wave assaults on the passer and the line of scrimmage.
I've got to have a passer first. Lamar doesn't qualify. :-)
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:30 AM 10-22-2023
I was out of touch today, so I loaded up my picks and went on autodraft.

And man, no one drafted a front-seven player and they drafted everything else. So I have a strong and deep front seven now since they all rose to the top for me.

Busy taking safeties, I guess.

I hadn't really been paying much attention and suddenly realized there flat weren't any safeties worth a shit left out there.

Edwards and Cook isn't really an asset at safety but at least it's not a real liability. Glad I caught that before it got much worse.
[Reply]
Page 309 of 315
« First < 209259299305306307308309 310311312313 > Last »
Up