ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 99 of 240
« First < 49899596979899 100101102103109149199 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Andy Reid is a terrible head football coach
rabblerouser 09:43 AM 09-18-2015
Andy Reid got depantsed in the Super Bowl by Bruce Arians.

Bruce Fucking Arians and Tom Fucking Brady.

Well, you see, Andy Reid is an offensive genius, and how dare we question Andy Reid's genius in not running the ball and not utilizing the screen pass in the face of an epically brutal pass rush, a patchwork offensive line and a QB with a hurt toe?

How dare we question his geniusness?

Oh, and Spags? The "great Brady Killer"? They had his defense figured out by the 2nd quarter and he couldn't adjust it. He was Bob Sutton Jr.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 12:49 AM 09-28-2018
if you people want to pound ineffective running attacks in the playoffs again i know a guy who's coaching at arizona state who you can hire
[Reply]
rabblerouser 05:40 AM 09-28-2018
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
did that a month ago

who do you think you're dealing with

Fuck yes, I love you.

No homo.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 05:44 AM 09-28-2018
if you people want to pound ineffective running attacks in the playoffs again i know a guy who's coaching at arizona state who you can hire
Herm won't ever go to the playoffs again, come on, man...
[Reply]
ChiefsFanatic 05:46 AM 09-28-2018
Are you calling the NFL leading rusher, and the offensive line that blocked for the NFL leading rusher and ineffective running attack?

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk
[Reply]
rabblerouser 05:47 AM 09-28-2018
Originally Posted by ChiefsFanatic:
Are you calling the NFL leading rusher, and the offensive line that blocked for the NFL leading rusher and ineffective running attack?
They were extremely ineffective in the 2nd half of the Tennessee game in the playoffs last year, yes?
[Reply]
Chiefnj2 06:20 AM 09-28-2018
Originally Posted by rabblerouser:
They were extremely ineffective in the 2nd half of the Tennessee game in the playoffs last year, yes?
11 carries the entire game.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 06:36 AM 09-28-2018
It's not about predictably running the ball. Sometimes they do, sometimes they predictably run the ball right up the middle. The bigger issue is that when something works, they completely abandon the gameplan when they get a big lead. The Chiefs in 3 games this season have surrendered 3 gigantic leads, and almost surrendered 2 more. Considering we only had 1 turnover, that means both the defense & offense were totally ineffective during that stretch. I'm pretty sure the offense stalling during those stretches is not because Mahomes suddenly stopped playing well.
[Reply]
Mecca 06:47 AM 09-28-2018
I will say this, for most of the game I don't mind what the Chiefs do as far as the spread sets cause it works, but when they are trying to salt a game away Sherman needs to be in there and just go I form, Hunts a big boy and Sherman with him should net 4 yards nearly every time.
[Reply]
Best22 06:50 AM 09-28-2018
Worked for the Steelers and Titans

Oh that's right, they were playing our sh*tastic run defense. Nevermind
[Reply]
ChiefsFanatic 06:52 AM 09-28-2018
Originally Posted by rabblerouser:
12 total carries, 11 carries for Hunt. We had the lead, but didn't give our RB or offensive line any chance whatsoever to get into a rhythm. We weren't playing the 85 Bears or 00 Ravens.

Hunt only had 5 carries in the second half. We were up 21-3 at half time, and without Kelce we continued to pass, stopping the clock on every incompletion.

Also, running plays give your defense longer periods of rest during the game.

And this can't be stated enough: Andy Reid has given up TWO 18 point second half leads in the playoffs resulting in losses each time. Both of those blown leads were as the Kansas City Chiefs head coach.

Since 1933 Reid has blown two 18 point second half leads in the playoffs, and the rest of the NFL only has 2 other blown 18 point leads in the playoffs, combined, since 1933.

There is not a single argument that can be made in favor of Reid's coaching decisions in those 2 games that led to the losses.

He is great at designing plays. He is great at scripting the first 15 plays of every game. But with all his offensive knowledge he isn't smart enough to do the one thing that every other winning playoff coach knows to do, and that's run clock with an 18 point second half lead unless your defense is great.

I love that he erased the Herm Edwards/Todd Haley/Romeo Crennel taste out of our mouths, but in the playoffs his brain shuts off. He does not coach winning game plans, and cannot manage the clock for .

I want nothing more than to see Reid and Mahomes lift the Lamar Hunt, and Lombardi trophies, and I will forever be grateful that he brought us Mahomes. But he falls apart in the playoffs, like Bill Self does in Elite Eight games.

[Reply]
Mecca 06:53 AM 09-28-2018
12 total carries, 11 carries for Hunt. We had the lead, but didn't give our RB or offensive line any chance whatsoever to get into a rhythm. We weren't playing the 85 Bears or 00 Ravens.

Hunt only had 5 carries in the second half. We were up 21-3 at half time, and without Kelce we continued to pass, stopping the clock on every incompletion.

Also, running plays give your defense longer periods of rest during the game.

And this can't be stated enough: Andy Reid has given up TWO 18 point second half leads in the playoffs resulting in losses each time. Both of those blown leads were as the Kansas City Chiefs head coach.

Since 1933 Reid has blown two 18 point second half leads in the playoffs, and the rest of the NFL only has 2 other blown 18 point leads in the playoffs, combined, since 1933.

There is not a single argument that can be made in favor of Reid's coaching decisions in those 2 games that led to the losses.

He is great at designing plays. He is great at scripting the first 15 plays of every game. But with all his offensive knowledge he isn't smart enough to do the one thing that every other winning playoff coach knows to do, and that's run clock with an 18 point second half lead unless your defense is great.

I love that he erased the Herm Edwards/Todd Haley/Romeo Crennel taste out of our mouths, but in the playoffs his brain shuts off. He does not coach winning game plans, and cannot manage the clock for .

I want nothing more than to see Reid and Mahomes lift the Lamar Hunt, and Lombardi trophies, and I will forever be grateful that he brought us Mahomes. But he falls apart in the playoffs, like Bill Self does in Elite Eight games.

It's not super easy to run with Smith at QB since teams will sit their whole team in the box and go, throw it deep I dare you.
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:06 PM 09-28-2018
Originally Posted by Mecca:
It's not super easy to run with Smith at QB since teams will sit their whole team in the box and go, throw it deep I dare you.
Exactly.
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:10 PM 09-28-2018
But he falls apart in the playoffs, like Bill Self does in Elite Eight games.
Not really the greatest of examples if you're trying to prove a point since Bill Self, in addition to those losses, has 3 Final Fours and a championship.

If Andy is "Bill Self" we couldn't be in better shape.
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 12:11 PM 09-28-2018
I think some of you need to go read the play by play charts of that Titans game.
[Reply]
Chiefnj2 01:10 PM 09-28-2018
Originally Posted by Mecca:
It's not easy to run, except for the fact that the leagues leading rusher was ....?
[Reply]
Page 99 of 240
« First < 49899596979899 100101102103109149199 > Last »
Up