ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 124 of 2690
« First < 2474114120121122123124 1251261271281341742246241124 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Patrick Mahomes Thread*****
Dante84 07:19 PM 04-27-2017
IT ****ING HAPPENED

OP UPDATE:

Because of all the interest in this thread, I've place all of the video content of Patrick Mahomes II's college career, and draft day goodness into a single post that can be found here. Enjoy!
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 10:13 PM 05-06-2017
Originally Posted by BigMeatballBillay:
Kevin Keitzmans hit job on the kid is so dishonest and disgusting. How are you going to say he never wins when he leads his team to over 30 points a game damn near every game with a defense that was next to last in 15' and the last in 16'. Look at the other teams thst rank at the bottom they barely won any games its good enough he was able to get Tech to a bowl.
Keitzman has long been a retard, spewing absolutely unlistenable sports takes for as long as I can remember. By his dumbassed "logic", Bradford and Tebow are better prospects for the NFL.
You should call the show and set him straight.

Originally Posted by RunKC:
Just realized that my 2 year old nephew won't know the struggle we endured. The lucky bastard is entering Chiefs fandom with Pat Mahomes and a successful program as his first taste of the Chiefs.

Someday I will have to tell him of the years of Herm and Pioli
Nevar forget. You must educate him wisely and warn him of the dangers of the complacent True Fan.

Originally Posted by Coochie liquor:
This is awesome! One of your best ones!!
Thanks, boo!
[Reply]
KChiefs1 10:32 PM 05-06-2017
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
"Mahomes stayed after practice with a few guys to get some extra work done. That's one of my biggest takeaways from Saturday." - @ChiefsReporter (BJ Kissel)

Something moved.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
KChiefs1 10:36 PM 05-06-2017
Originally Posted by Canofbier:
LEARN. TO. EMBED.

Tell me how to do it from my phone? I look at YouTube & I don't see anything about embedding anything. I look at this site from my phone thru Tapatalk.

Please advise me on how to embed anything from my phone please.

If you use Tapatalk you would find that YouTube videos show up just fine. Twitter doesn't though.

[Reply]
KChiefs1 11:28 PM 05-06-2017
ESPNNews is showing the Gruden QB Camp of Mahomes now, 5am, 2pm & 6pm today.

It's a fun watch.

[Reply]
KChiefs1 11:35 PM 05-06-2017
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
There's another Brett Favre similarity...

For those who compare Mahomes to Favre...watch Gruden with Favre.

Sorry I can't embed from my phone.

https://youtu.be/nJtSK9PgQfI

[Reply]
Chiefshrink 12:03 AM 05-07-2017
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Just realized that my 2 year old nephew won't know the struggle we endured. The lucky bastard is entering Chiefs fandom with Pat Mahomes and a successful program as his first taste of the Chiefs.

Someday I will have to tell him of the years of Herm and Pioli
Don't ruin the Chiefs for him:-):-)
[Reply]
Dylan 12:26 AM 05-07-2017
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
I'm horny.

Nice...

My guess would be as soon as Reid knows that his young QB knows what he is doing - knows where to go with the football and get rid of it and throw it without being hit, the coach would pull the plug on Smith.

Mahomes will most likely make his first start for the Chiefs at the end of November in preparation for NFL's 2018 season. J/M/O

Here are some excerpts saved in a document on the Eagles backup quarterbacks during Andy Reid's tenure as head coach of the Eagles that you may find interesting.

Donovan McNabb had many injuries throughout his career. During one season, McNabb suffered a season-ending ACL injury. However, Reid was always prepared with inserting a backup quarterback. The Eagles never missed a beat winning 6 NFC East Division Championships.

One backup OB that stands out is Jeff Garcia. He made a huge comeback under Reid after everyone thought his career was over. I believe that year the Eagles with Garcia at the helm went on to win an NFC East Championship.

Backup Koy Detmer
Detmer spent most of his career as a backup to quarterback Donovan McNabb and as the place-kick holder for David Akers. His action as a starter was limited to five games in the 1998 season, one game in the 2002 season, with McNabb out with a broken ankle. Detmer played well going 18-26 with 227 yards and 3 total touchdowns (2 passing and 1 rushing). He dislocated his elbow in the 4th quarter of that game and was replaced by third string quarterback A. J. Feeley. Detmer healed enough to play in the final games of 2002, but head coach Andy Reid decided to stay with Feeley, who was having success. He also saw sporadic playing time in the 2004 and 2005 seasons.

Back up Jeff Garcia (due to McNabb's season-ending ACL injury)
Garcia led the Eagles to five consecutive victories and the NFC East division championship. The rejuvenated quarterback threw ten touchdowns and only two interceptions, while posting a QB rating of 95.8 in eight total games played. He also made the front cover of Sports Illustrated following his five-game winning streak. On January 7, 2007, Garcia earned only his second ever playoff win, throwing for 153 yards and one touchdown in a 23-20 victory over the Giants. On January 13, 2007, Garcia and the Eagles lost to the New Orleans Saints by a score of 27-24. He threw for 240 yards, 75 of which came on a touchdown to Donte Stallworth (setting the record for the longest passing touchdown in Eagles' postseason history).

Backup Kevin Kolb (K.C. Chief fans should remember this game)
:-)
Kolb's first NFL start was a 48-22 loss against the New Orleans Saints at home on September 20, 2009 due to an injury to Donovan McNabb. His first career touchdown was recorded in the first quarter of that game on a 71-yard pass to DeSean Jackson; he threw for 391 yards on 31 completions. On September 27, 2009, Kolb made his second start in place of McNabb, throwing for 327 yards and two touchdowns in a 34-14 win against the Kansas City Chiefs. Kolb became the first quarterback in NFL history to throw for more than 300 yards in each of his first two career starts. He was named the NFC Offensive Player of the Week after his efforts against the Chiefs.

Backup Vince Young
Young was signed by the Philadelphia Eagles to a one-year contract on July 29, 2011. Upon signing, Young declared the Eagles would become the "Dream Team," a label which would become highly publicized by media outlets. Young's first start as an Eagle came on November 20, 2011 in a Sunday Night match up against the Giants. Young played QB in the Eagles' 17–10 win, finishing the game with 258 passing yards, two touchdowns, and three interceptions. The Eagles subsequently lost Young's second start of the season, 38–20 the following week against the New England Patriots. Young finished with 400 yards with one touchdown and one interception in a losing effort In his third and final start the following week, Young threw one touchdown and four interceptions as the Eagles lost to the Seattle Seahawks 31–14, dropping the Eagles record to 4–8 and Young's record as a starter to 1–2 on the season. The loss would be the final regular season game of Young's career.

Backup Michael Vick (McNabb out due to injury)
Reid named Donovan McNabb the Eagles' starter for the 2010 season, but McNabb was traded to the Washington Redskins and Kevin Kolb was named the starter. While relegated to a second-string role, Vick said he knew he could still play at a high level.

The Eagles finished the season with an 11–5 record, making the playoffs. In the team's NFC wildcard game against the Dallas Cowboys on January 9, 2010, Vick threw the longest touchdown pass of his career to rookie Jeremy Maclin for a 76-yard touchdown. The Eagles lost the game 34–14.

Backup Nick Foles (Vick out due to injury)
Foles played his first game with the Eagles in Week 10 of the 2012 season after Michael Vick left with an injury. Foles then made his first start the following week. In Week 9 of the 2013 season, he became the second quarterback to post a perfect passer rating (158.3) while passing for more than 400 yards, and also the first quarterback in NFL history to post a perfect passer rating and throw seven touchdowns in a single game. It was the 60th time in NFL history that a perfect passer rating was achieved overall.
[Reply]
TigeRRUppeRRcut 07:42 AM 05-07-2017
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
He's learning to become more of game manager, some may not want to hear that as I said before some of Herculean passes or "rocket balls " that Favre attempted drove Holmgren nuts.
And that's what this team wants. When guys like Mayock say he'll either be extraordinary or a turnover machine, that statement should make us very cautious with who he'll be and how quick we try to start him.
[Reply]
Ming the Merciless 08:03 AM 05-07-2017
Originally Posted by TigerUppercut:
that statement should make us very cautious with who he'll be and how quick we try to start him.
You are not a Chiefs fan. There is no 'us' that includes you. Remember that.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 08:59 AM 05-07-2017
And that's what this team wants. When guys like Mayock say he'll either be extraordinary or a turnover machine, that statement should make us very cautious with who he'll be and how quick we try to start him.
You have no idea what this team wants.

Mahomes wasn't hired to take over Gigantic Pussy Duties from Smith.

This is an upgrade.
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 09:35 AM 05-07-2017
What happens if Smith gets injured early in the season and they put Bray in and he turns out to be the next Tom Brady? Could happen !
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 10:15 AM 05-07-2017
Difference will be when he's use to the speed of the game,and that's when he'll have the freedom to be a gunslinger like Rodgers.
[Reply]
Easy 6 11:00 AM 05-07-2017
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:
For those who compare Mahomes to Favre...watch Gruden with Favre.

Sorry I can't embed from my phone.

https://youtu.be/nJtSK9PgQfI
Fun watch, cant wait to see Mahomes do the same kinds of things
[Reply]
KChiefs1 11:11 AM 05-07-2017
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
Fun watch, cant wait to see Mahomes do the same kinds of things

Watching Favre is like watching Mahomes.

[Reply]
Coogs 11:19 AM 05-07-2017
From Andy's Presser yesterday:

Originally Posted by :
Q: How is Patrick Mahomes’ footwork? Does he need a lot of work there? Where is he at?

REID: “He has good feet – that’s not the problem. It doesn’t matter who it is, but it’s learning the drops in this offense according to the coverages that you see. I’d tell you that about any quarterback. They’re going to need to come in here and learn that. When Alex [Smith] got here, he was going to have to learn that for what we do offensively.”

Q: I noticed how Patrick Mahomes moves side to side in the pocket. You guys were attracted to that? Just sometimes, when he’s slinging it, he’s getting the ball where he wants to go, but it’s not like his feet are driving forward. Are you okay with that? Or, are you guys going to try and change that?

REID: “There is a fine line there. One of the strengths of his game is his creativity when he leaves the pocket. So, however he gets the ball out, he gets the ball out. We’re going to give him some fundamentals that he can work on, and then, you go from there. The bottom line is that the ball is being completed. That’s really the bottom line there.”

[Reply]
Page 124 of 2690
« First < 2474114120121122123124 1251261271281341742246241124 > Last »
Up