6 Nick Loftin, SS
7 Kyle Isbel, OF
8 Khali Lee, OF
9 Jonathan Bowlan, RHP
10 Carlos Hernedez, RHP
[Reply]
Chiefspants 07:22 PM 08-26-2021
Originally Posted by cosmo20002:
I wasn't calling you a liar...I just said I couldn't find it. And if you insist on Flanny being that last word on this, you can't ignore the tweet I posted from him a month later.
Anyway, the workloads aren't outrageous.
And you can't ignore the literal top reply to the tweet you posted, either.

It is a concern. Still. The industry has made bullpen arms expendable if you are “chasing every win.”

— Jeffrey Flanagan (@FlannyMLB) August 6, 2021

He acknowledges the workload is still a concern and the issue that we've been griping with is that "chasing every win" in a doomed season is short sighted and could damage our young bullpen arms in a season that was never destined for anything. It seems much more prudent to preserve our young arms in a season right this rather than bury them in the ground. That has been our central complaint the whole time. But if you're just not going to see a problem no matter what, again, you do you here -- but you can't ignore that Flanny was dead on that the workload was an issue for our arms when he predicted that we'd have a mass number of bullpen arms on the DL in the second half.

We're not gonna see eye to eye on this.
[Reply]
cosmo20002 07:27 PM 08-26-2021
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:
Dude, you gave up way too quickly. Hopefully you're not this lazy in political threads, too. I know you're only going to look for confirmation biases and will not change your opinion no matter what, but check this out.

Flanny first talked about this July 5th and then kept the conversation going when asked about it later.

You've continued to post incorrect stats (Herrera had the 6th most relief appearances in the league in 2015! :-)), half-baked contrarian speculation (saying a lot of "this seems like"), and disappeared from threads when folks brought up that this was a problem since his Cards days and posted stats to back it up. Probably time to tap out and do one of your patented disappearing acts. But hey, you do you.

Half-baked speculation?:-) Yeah, show me the stats on these guys being overworked by in-game warmups. Yet, some of you have claimed that.

And the Herrera rank was American League...don't act like I made it up.
I see you're starting to become an asshole over this and making politics references and making things up...if you want to calm down, I might respond. Meanwhile, since you hold him in such high regard, ask Flanny why he called the bullpen management "superb."
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 07:38 PM 08-26-2021
I know you're only going to look for confirmation biases and will not change your opinion no matter what, but .

Seems to me like the Matheny haters are doing this.

My hypothesis: the BFIBS infected the board with all sorts of accusations against Matheny. “Hates young guys”, “Bised vs non Christians”, “Bad bullpen management”. And voila! We have these exact criticisms on auto-repeat all season long.

Had he come from, say, Cinci, I doubt we’d have heard this. Nor would it have germinated into so many minds.
[Reply]
Mecca 07:51 PM 08-26-2021
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
The Royals best 2022 team has a healthy Mondesi playing every day and playing a high value defensive position.

If he/the team can find a way to achieve that, it’s a major win.

An infield of Mondesi, Witt, Lopez, and Pratto would be elite-elite in the field, but I don’t think we see Pratto until June at the earliest.
You and I both know they won't do that..they're gonna shove Mondesi back to short and play Merrifield and Santana everyday.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 07:58 PM 08-26-2021
Originally Posted by cosmo20002:
Half-baked speculation?:-) Yeah, show me the stats on these guys being overworked by in-game warmups. Yet, some of you have claimed that.

And the Herrera rank was American League...don't act like I made it up.
I see you're starting to become an asshole over this and making politics references and making things up...if you want to calm down, I might respond. Meanwhile, since you hold him in such high regard, ask Flanny why he called the bullpen management "superb."
Sure. I’ll own the asshole charge. But only if you do for routinely responding with :-) to my posts, deal?

If no, we’re just not gonna agree in general, my dude.

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
Seems to me like the Matheny haters are doing this.

My hypothesis: the BFIBS infected the board with all sorts of accusations against Matheny. “Hates young guys”, “Bised vs non Christians”, “Bad bullpen management”. And voila! We have these exact criticisms on auto-repeat all season long.

Had he come from, say, Cinci, I doubt we’d have heard this. Nor would it have germinated into so many minds.
I haven’t called for Matheny’s head all season. In fact, after last year I owned up to the fact that I was too quick to judge him based off of his willingness to try new tactics in the game. I was impressed with him last year and I don’t mind if Matheny stays in as our manager. I don’t care for Eldred and prefer we go another direction there, and Bradshaw has had mixed results (loved what he’s done for Sal, though).

But just because I don’t mind Matheny as a manager shouldn’t make him immune from criticism, and when beat writers are directly commenting with thoughts from Royals players that his bullpen management is a problem — well, it probably is, especially when so many players are now going to the DL.

Yost faced criticism for being too inflexible in his bullpen and installed an entirely new veto system for himself before the 2014 players. Managers can adapt, but that will only happen when they feel some heat (from folks like Flanny, Andy, etc).
[Reply]
Dartgod 08:31 PM 08-26-2021
Keller is a turd.
[Reply]
Ron Swanson 08:34 PM 08-26-2021
Throw a strike, asshole.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 08:34 PM 08-26-2021
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
Keller is a turd.
He has been hard to watch this year. Unsure if he or Singer have been more frustrating.
[Reply]
Dartgod 08:57 PM 08-26-2021
He has been hard to watch this year. Unsure if he or Singer have been more frustrating.
Oh, Singer easily.
[Reply]
lewdog 09:14 PM 08-26-2021
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
Oh, Singer easily.
This.

Singer just seems to stubborn. Is he going to at least attempt throwing a third pitch? This is the season to fucking try it!!!
[Reply]
Chiefspants 09:15 PM 08-26-2021
Keller recovering nicely.
[Reply]
Coach 09:17 PM 08-26-2021
Shit, that was a nice catch by Taylor.
[Reply]
tk13 09:25 PM 08-26-2021
Watched the Blue Jays game earlier this afternoon and this same thing happened. Rain shower popped up and the roof wasn't closed so they played in the rain. What are the odds.
[Reply]
Mecca 09:38 PM 08-26-2021
I gave up a home run...my arm hurts.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 10:04 PM 08-26-2021
Did Salvy just win someone 25 grand?
[Reply]
Page 349 of 440
« First < 249299339345346347348349 350351352353359399 > Last »
Up