ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 16
< 1234 567814 > Last »
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>Pro Day Updates
RunKC 08:22 AM 03-22-2021
Nice sleeper here.

Intriguing draft prospect: DII University of Charleston WR Michael Strachan at his Pro Day today measured 6-5, 228 pounds, 85-inch wingspan, 10 inch hands, ran a 4.46 40-yard dash and put up 225 20 times. �� ��

— Mike Jones (@ByMikeJones) March 18, 2021

[Reply]
htismaqe 08:24 AM 03-22-2021
Just take Little at 31 and be done with it.
[Reply]
The Franchise 07:34 AM 03-23-2021

��Freaky numbers today at Northern Iowa pro-day.

OL Spencer Brown with all-timer shuttles 4.39 SS & 6.99 3-cone—rare bend for 6082 and 311 lbs. Ran 4.94/4.96 40-yd on NFL clocks, 31.5 VJ and 9-9 BJ.��

EDGE Elerson Smith with 41.5 VJ and 10-7 BJ at 252 lbs! Ran 4.74/4.77. �� pic.twitter.com/A5xMbU4KZn

— Jim Nagy (@JimNagy_SB) March 23, 2021

[Reply]
Chris Meck 08:56 AM 03-23-2021
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Jesus. Brown's numbers are eye-popping.
[Reply]
htismaqe 07:56 AM 03-23-2021
Spencer Brown just increased his draft stock.
[Reply]
staylor26 08:08 AM 03-23-2021
Love Brown. I think he’s a very underrated T prospect.

Yet another guy that we can possibly get at 63 if all the T’s are gone at 31.

Emerson Smith is intriguing as well.
[Reply]
htismaqe 08:10 AM 03-23-2021
There was some talk that Brown might be an NFL right tackle.

Given his measurable, he may still end up at RT but somebody is most certainly going to try him at LT.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 08:36 AM 03-23-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
There was some talk that Brown might be an NFL right tackle.

Given his measurable, he may still end up at RT but somebody is most certainly going to try him at LT.
Yeah. That stop-start/agility/speed does not scream RT, even though his size might.

Looks to me like a guy who could make it work on the left side.
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:18 AM 03-23-2021
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
Yeah. That stop-start/agility/speed does not scream RT, even though his size might.

Looks to me like a guy who could make it work on the left side.
I don't watch a lot of UNI football (because even here in Iowa they're not on TV a lot) but from reading his clippings, it seems the RT thing was more about his tape than anything else.

But with those measurables, he's going to be a LT in the NFL for someone.
[Reply]
CatfishBob2 09:26 PM 03-23-2021
I don't watch a lot of UNI football (because even here in Iowa they're not on TV a lot) but from reading his clippings, it seems the RT thing was more about his tape than anything else.

But with those measurables, he's going to be a LT in the NFL for someone.
Spencer Brown is probably a RT in the NFL. Seen him play quite a bit.
:-)

Spencer Brown is very intriguing.... Also Terry won't be there in the 5th even though I thought he was a lot taller
[Reply]
staylor26 09:01 AM 03-23-2021
This is why I laugh when somebody like RunKC tells me that we can’t get a LT at 63.

Little
Hudson
Smith
Radunz
Brown

There’s going to be plenty of talent available in the 2nd if all of the 1st round guys are gone at 31. If you want to go up and get one, it isn’t nearly as expensive as doing it in the 1st either.

I’m open to just about anything. Trade up for Cosmi or Jenkins, stay at 31 and take a guy like Eichenberg or Mayfield, trade down and take Little, or trade up for one of those guys in the 2nd.

I just don’t agree with the crowd that says we have to take a LT in the 1at or trade up.
[Reply]
The Franchise 09:04 AM 03-23-2021
Originally Posted by staylor26:
This is why I laugh when somebody like RunKC tells me that we can’t get a LT at 63.

Little
Hudson
Smith
Radunz
Brown

There’s going to be plenty of talent available at 63 if all of the 1st round guys are gone at 31.
And I still hope Veach trades up for the one that he wants in the 2nd.

Terrace Marshall in the first and one of those OTs in the 2nd? We’re good.
[Reply]
staylor26 09:08 AM 03-23-2021
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
And I still hope Veach trades up for the one that he wants in the 2nd.

Terrace Marshall in the first and one of those OTs in the 2nd? We’re good.
I edited to include a trade up.

I’m open to anything and everything. I just don’t like the idea of forcing things.
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:19 AM 03-23-2021
Originally Posted by staylor26:

Little
Hudson
Smith
Radunz
Brown

There’s going to be plenty of talent available in the 2nd if all of the 1st round guys are gone at 31. If you want to go up and get one, it isn’t nearly as expensive as doing it in the 1st either.

I’m open to just about anything. Trade up for Cosmi or Jenkins, stay at 31 and take a guy like Eichenberg or Mayfield, trade down and take Little, or trade up for one of those guys in the 2nd.

I just don’t agree with the crowd that says we have to take a LT in the 1at or trade up.
Exactly.

The only real move that I'm not down with is trading up like 20 spots in the first. Everything else is on the table for me.
[Reply]
RunKC 09:34 AM 03-23-2021
Exactly.

The only real move that I'm not down with is trading up like 20 spots in the first. Everything else is on the table for me.
I’m not convinced Brown is anything but a G or RT. Many have said the same thing about Mayfield.

As much as people on Twitter like Eichenberg, I don’t like his pass pro. He seems like a fit for a run first team like SF. Radunz is this years Ezra Cleveland, who looked like a LT but clearly was not viewed primarily as such by the team that drafted him.

Ideally we get our LT early bc at 63 there won’t be anything left but developmental question marks.

We need a LT. If there’s one we like at 31 or within reason to not give up a ton (Cosmi) then go get that guy.

That’s what I love about Veach. He’s not going to sit on his hands like King Carl did. He knows that LT is the 2nd most important position on the team only to the $500 million man he needs to protect.

I don’t see Veach “waiting” until 63 for scraps of a really good OL class. IMO the 2nd tier OT range is where he will strike
[Reply]
Page 4 of 16
< 1234 567814 > Last »
Up