ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 10 of 11
« First < 678910 11 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Le'veon Bell: I'll never play for Andy Reid again
suzzer99 11:46 AM 06-12-2021

Shoutout to https://t.co/CAR1dpnG4K on Instagram, here's the original post where Le'Veon Bell's comments came from. They're still up: https://t.co/yU8FvXMaQf

Story ⬇https://t.co/qW4CLWahEE

— Joshua Brisco (@jbbrisco) June 12, 2021

This is the mindless offseason bicker fodder we need!
[Reply]
TwistedChief 06:09 PM 06-14-2021
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
Still love the signing. Just as I loved getting Kelvin Benjamin. It's a boom/bust move. We have a coach who's savvy and powerful enough to move on when needed. Meanwhile, he helped us a bit in that final stretch with CEH out.

Helped us more than it hurt us. But at this point, fuck him.
Exactly this.

There was literally 0 downside to signing Bell.
[Reply]
lcarus 06:44 PM 06-14-2021
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
Exactly this.

Yep. Cheap enough to "kick the tires". We kicked em, there was nothing left in his tank, and when pressed Andy probably told him so. That's what I'm thinking probably occurred anyway.
[Reply]
jettio 07:11 PM 06-14-2021
Darrell Williams had a great game game against the Browns. NFL Network played a replay of that game and he really had some amazing runs.
[Reply]
morphius 06:31 AM 06-15-2021
Exactly this.

I didn't think his style would be a great fit with our offensive line, but I agree, I saw no downside in signing him.
[Reply]
htismaqe 06:53 AM 06-15-2021
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
Still love the signing. Just as I loved getting Kelvin Benjamin. It's a boom/bust move. We have a coach who's savvy and powerful enough to move on when needed. Meanwhile, he helped us a bit in that final stretch with CEH out.

Helped us more than it hurt us. But at this point, fuck him.
Exactly this.

Yep and yep.
[Reply]
htismaqe 06:56 AM 06-15-2021
Originally Posted by morphius:
I didn't think his style would be a great fit with our offensive line, but I agree, I saw no downside in signing him.
It turns out, nobody was a great fit with our line at the end of last season, not even Patrick freaking Mahomes.

Bell's attitude is his own problem and I'm sure he did some things Andy didn't appreciate that caused all of this but I'm NOT sure you can 100% blame Bell for his play on the field down the stretch last year when he was really needed because the line was shit.

What is damning for Bell is not what he did when he played, it was that even with CEH hurt, he never got more playing time. And honestly, if he ended up in Andy's doghouse like McCoy did, then he's probably a huge asshole anyway.
[Reply]
morphius 07:00 AM 06-15-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
It turns out, nobody was a great fit with our line at the end of last season, not even Patrick freaking Mahomes.

Bell's attitude is his own problem and I'm sure he did some things Andy didn't appreciate that caused all of this but I'm NOT sure you can 100% blame Bell for his play on the field down the stretch last year when he was really needed because the line was shit.

What is damning for Bell is not what he did when he played, it was that even with CEH hurt, he never got more playing time. And honestly, if he ended up in Andy's doghouse like McCoy did, then he's probably a huge asshole anyway.
Exactly, how does CEH go down and I think he actually got even less carries pretty quickly. There was something there.
[Reply]
htismaqe 07:01 AM 06-15-2021
Exactly, how does CEH go down and I think he actually got even less carries pretty quickly. There was something there.
Same as McCoy - there was something off the field going on.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 08:01 AM 06-15-2021
I'd actually be interested to see how he'd do with this OL with actual holes in the middle and guards who actually know how to pull. But fuck his attitude, we no longer need him.
[Reply]
Coogs 08:59 AM 06-15-2021
Signing Bell also kept him away from the Bills. If there had been some tread left on the tires, he could have been a huge addition to the Bills since run defense was not a strength of ours. McDermott made it known in our regular season game that he was willing to play the Chiefs in a running game contest if need be. So even though Bell didn't really help us, it was worth the signing to make sure he didn't hurt us either.
[Reply]
TEX 11:43 AM 06-15-2021

Didn't Bell hurt his knee or something?
[Reply]
Kiimo 10:37 AM 06-17-2021

Andy Reid, after the end of minicamp, on Le'Veon Bell's comments a few days ago: "I enjoyed my time with him. I'm pulling for him. That's how I roll. I wish him the best."

— Nate Taylor (@ByNateTaylor) June 17, 2021

https://th.bing.com/th/id/Rd0d6c1013...l=1&pid=ImgRaw

"I enjoyed my time with John Dorsey. I'm pulling for him. That's how I roll. I wish him the best."
[Reply]
bobhill 10:43 AM 06-17-2021
So what exactly are you trying to say about Andy Reid?
[Reply]
Kiimo 10:46 AM 06-17-2021
I'm saying he said the classy thing, and the only way you'd know his true feelings would be the twinkle in his eye.

And then Honey Badger puts this thread to rest:

Originally Posted by :
“I’m not sure — I feel like he was a great teammate when he was here,” explained Mathieu. “Things don’t go our way. It’s a performance-based business. It’s a lot of things that determine our performance. It’s not just what we do on the football field.

“I’m wishing him the best. I’m hoping things get better for him. This is probably one of the finest organizations I’ve ever been a part of, as far as the locker room, coaches — they’re transparent, they’re honest — and I think in this business, that’s really all you can ask for. It’s honesty from coaches because they don’t have to tell us the truth, but I do feel like coach Reid and his staff — they’re some of the best people and coaches I’ve been around.”

[Reply]
FloridaMan88 11:36 AM 06-17-2021
Andy Reid is the epitome of "kill them with kindness".
[Reply]
Page 10 of 11
« First < 678910 11 >
Up