ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 5
< 1234 5 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Georgia QB Jake Fromm offers high praise for Meole Hardman
Stargazer 07:51 PM 07-16-2019
Both Jake Fromm and Georgia DB J.R. Reed were asked about Hardman's potential at SEC Media Days in Birmingham and each had glowing responses.
https://gasnsports.com/georgia-qb-ja...ecole-hardman/
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 11:18 AM 07-17-2019
Originally Posted by Shaid:
I don't think anyone saw Reek being as good as he is as a receiver either. Let's see what some time with Pat can do. A good QB can make a receiver's career.
Yep. Just ask Jerry Rice who had Montana,Young and Garcia. No wonder he is in the HOF:-)
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 11:26 AM 07-17-2019
The 2 big questions for me is does Hardman have "hands" and can he take NFL hits on a regular basis ?:-) We know he can run:-) But now since it looks like Reek will only get a minimal suspension this will take the pressure off Hardman to produce NOW at a vet level.
[Reply]
Kiimo 11:37 AM 07-17-2019
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
A lot of Conley's numbers were excellent but the one that stood out was the one that doomed him - dude's 3-cone time was abysmal.

And you saw it in his route running from day 1 here. He simply couldn't get in and out of his breaks well enough to be a difference maker.

Hardman appears to have better feet though I don't think he ran the 3-cone. That alone will make his ceiling in this offense significantly higher than Conley's.

I still think he was a reach, but Andy's the best in the business at scheming guys into space and if you can give this kid a little running room before he gets the ball, it's a big play waiting to happen.

I at first wanted Parris Campbell. People mentioned Hardman and I read that he had "weak" hands and was like NEXT.

Then I watched some film on him. The thing that absolutely leaps off the page, to use a totally wrong metaphor, is that in his breaks he has that rare ability that it looks like he actually gains speed. He doesn't slow at all making cuts. That's something DK Metcalf and Parris can't do.

I think that's why Reid and Veach like him. He has that DeSean Jackson breakaway speed after one cut, you see him leave guys in the dust trying to keep up with those cuts.

And then as far as his hands being weak he hasn't played wide receiver that long. I imagine he has done about a thousand pass catching drills since that was written two years ago.
[Reply]
RealSNR 11:55 AM 07-17-2019
Shit, that's right - Kelce was back in '14 (when the talent level was just as !@#$ing bad).

Reid's a magician. And the offense he runs now is NOTHING like the offense he ran then. Dude just made up a new scheme on the fly.

I hope to hell we can get him a championship. He deserves to be considered among the top 5-10 coaches in the history of this game.
No, Kelce was '13. He had to get knee surgery early on, which ended his season.
[Reply]
Mike in SW-MO 12:12 PM 07-17-2019
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
Juan Thornhill a legit rookie of the year?

Yeah that's a stretch. That takes some thiiiick homer glasses to see that one.
Definitely a stretch for Thornhill. But I could see it work out that way if he is as good a ball hawk as early returns suggest.

But Hardman? I don't have thick enough glasses for that one.
[Reply]
O.city 12:28 PM 07-17-2019
Why couldn't Thornhill be the rookie of the year?
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 12:31 PM 07-17-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:
Why couldn't Thornhill be the rookie of the year?
Because Derwin James wasn't and he was probably the best safety in football last year.

Thornhill ain't winning ROY...
[Reply]
O.city 12:35 PM 07-17-2019
Because Derwin James wasn't and he was probably the best safety in football last year.

That's true, but I was meaning in terms of ability.

James is awesome but I guess he just didn't have the flashy numbers to be the ROY?
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 12:42 PM 07-17-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:
That's true, but I was meaning in terms of ability.

James is awesome but I guess he just didn't have the flashy numbers to be the ROY?
He was the 6th safety off the board in this draft. 6th.

C'mon now - don't let the breathless panting fool you. He's not winning the ROY because he won't even be the best rookie safety in football this year. He's fine. He'll probably be an improvement on what we had but there's no guarantees that he'll beat out Watts or even Lucas for a starting spot.

This isn't Eric Berry, man. He's a guy who was passed over by every team in football at least once and most of them passed on him twice (including the Chiefs). He might be solid, he might even be pretty good.

He's not winning any league awards.
[Reply]
Kiimo 12:47 PM 07-17-2019
Counterpoint: he's the best safety or at worst second best safety in the draft at the precise position the Chiefs want him in.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 12:51 PM 07-17-2019
Originally Posted by Kiimosabi:
Counterpoint: he's the best safety or at worst second best safety in the draft at the precise position the Chiefs want him in.
And that's fine - he may well get the Chiefs ROY award and should probably be considered the frontrunner.

I liked the pick; he's a nice fit for what we need. That doesn't mean he's gonna be in contention for any national awards. Like I said - his skill set is very similar to Lucas and Watts, especially in that role. He's gonna have to show a very mature approach to even win a starting job, let alone become nationally prominent.
[Reply]
staylor26 12:54 PM 07-17-2019

C'mon now - don't let the breathless panting fool you. He's not winning the ROY because he won't even be the best rookie safety in football this year. He's fine. He'll probably be an improvement on what we had but there's no guarantees that he'll beat out Watts or even Lucas for a starting spot.

This isn't Eric Berry, man. He's a guy who was passed over by every team in football at least once and most of them passed on him twice (including the Chiefs). He might be solid, he might even be pretty good.

I totally agree that he’s likely not winning any league awards or anything, but I don’t care if he was the 6th safety taken, he could easily be the best in this class. He has great ball skills and I wouldn’t be shocked if he leads the rookie class in INT’s. I don’t think he’s winning DROY either, but I think you’re selling him a little short. For crying out loud one of those guys taken ahead of him was Marquise Blair, who had no business going before him.
[Reply]
O.city 12:54 PM 07-17-2019

And that's fine - he may well get the Chiefs ROY award and should probably be considered the frontrunner.

I liked the pick; he's a nice fit for what we need. That doesn't mean he's gonna be in contention for any national awards. Like I said - his skill set is very similar to Lucas and Watts, especially in that role. He's gonna have to show a very mature approach to even win a starting job, let alone become nationally prominent.
Just playing the spot i'm guessing they'll ask him to, he may be in a spot to pick off some balls. Seeing as that seems to be his strongsuit I could see where he has a good stat year.

I doubt it's enough to get any award, but I also don't know that there's much difference in the first safety taken this draft and the 6th. Atleast based on my extensive pre draft research, which is pretty well established as possibly the best around.
[Reply]
Kiimo 01:37 PM 07-17-2019

Yeah safeties don't win rookie of the year, I agree with you. If Derwin didn't, nobody is. I just have this feeling about Thornhill. He looks crazy athletic and seeing him in the #22 jersey sparked this kind of feeling that I'm almost remembering the future. That doesn't make any sense but it's like...some players you just know they're going to kick ass.
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 01:52 PM 07-17-2019

Unless he plays like Ed Reed did in his prime which to your point ain't happening because of James all pro play last year.
[Reply]
Page 4 of 5
< 1234 5 >
Up