ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 8
< 123 4567 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Pat and Dieter catching fish
O.city 11:38 AM 07-16-2019
https://www.instagram.com/p/Bz_Fndtl...d=3p7mjufbudra
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 01:08 PM 07-16-2019
I don't want to be Patrick Mahomes when I grow up.

I wanna be Dieter. That dude has the best life ever - just kinda hangs around, works out, gets to travel w/ his buddies and shows up in instagram videos with his star teammates.

You think he ever looks around and thinks to himself "man, ain't this some shit right here..." and just laughs? He has to recognize the absurdity of this existence. Being the QBs buddy is the way to go.
[Reply]
Dallas Chief 01:14 PM 07-16-2019
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
pretty sure there's no use in a TE being shredded
Sat next to Jace Sternberger on a flight this weekend and he wasn't all jacked either. Extremely polite and engaging young man. Yes sir this and that. Made me feel old. lol I guess he played some juco ball with Darwin Thompson at NEO. Had a lot of great things to say about him as a person and player.
[Reply]
O.city 01:21 PM 07-16-2019
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:

I wanna be Dieter. That dude has the best life ever - just kinda hangs around, works out, gets to travel w/ his buddies and shows up in instagram videos with his star teammates.

You think he ever looks around and thinks to himself "man, ain't this some shit right here..." and just laughs? He has to recognize the absurdity of this existence. Being the QBs buddy is the way to go.
Is there a chance he actually ends up being a good wr?

I have zero knowledge of his college career or anything prior to KC.
[Reply]
Rain Man 01:25 PM 07-16-2019

I wonder what the financial situation is like. What does Dieter make? If the other guys are all like, "Hey, let's go to Antarctica this weekend", do they pay for Dieter? Or is he living paycheck to paycheck trying to keep up?

It may not be an issue now with Patrick being on a rookie deal. They're probably not doing anything ludicrous unless Kelce is gifting it to the group, but in four years the economic gap could be pretty big. Dieter needs to practice his route running with vigor.
[Reply]
O.city 01:26 PM 07-16-2019
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
I wonder what the financial situation is like. What does Dieter make? If the other guys are all like, "Hey, let's go to Antarctica this weekend", do they pay for Dieter? Or is he living paycheck to paycheck trying to keep up?

It may not be an issue now with Patrick being on a rookie deal. They're probably not doing anything ludicrous unless Kelce is gifting it to the group, but in four years the economic gap could be pretty big. Dieter needs to practice his route running with vigor.
Being the 10th pick, Pat still got paid pretty well.

I'd guess Dieter makes a mil a year, right?
[Reply]
O.city 01:27 PM 07-16-2019
Nevermind, 570k this year.

Yeah, he's gotta watch the spending.
[Reply]
Best22 01:28 PM 07-16-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:
Being the 10th pick, Pat still got paid pretty well.

I'd guess Dieter makes a mil a year, right?
Dieter makes about $480k per year. He used to play for Bowling Green and then Alabama
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 01:33 PM 07-16-2019

No.

There's a chance that he's not a bad player and that he can carry his weight 'round these parts as Mahomes caddy.

But no, there's no way that guys gonna go out and make an NFL squad exclusively on his merits. Gotta keep him 'round until Mahomes signs that extension, I guess...
[Reply]
Rain Man 01:34 PM 07-16-2019
Nevermind, 570k this year.

Yeah, he's gotta watch the spending.
So it appears that Patrick is making about $4.5 million, Travis is around $10.8 million, and Conley (if that's him) is around $2.1 million.

It seems like they're not doing anything too crazy, so Dieter can hang with them at $570k. It's not like he's living on scholarship money. But I wonder if at some point they'll do something where he has to say no for financial reasons. Maybe they decide to go up to low-earth orbit or something.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 01:35 PM 07-16-2019
Originally Posted by Rain Man:

Mahomes says he tries to cover for his boys a lot of the times and they'll push back when they can.

I'm betting if Pat's offering to carry the freight on a $25K vacation, Deiter's gonna do the slow reach for his wallet while Pat grabs the check...
[Reply]
RealSNR 01:35 PM 07-16-2019

He's just so slow. He was never able to beat a 4.5 40 in college, and he doesn't have the size to bulk up and play any other position on offense. Maybe he could have been a decent depth safety if he had converted to the position awhile ago?

There may have been tales of guys in the NFL like him who bust their asses and end up making something out of their careers more than just 3-4 years, a bunch of special teams tackles, and a couple of receptions here and there. But I can't really think of many.
[Reply]
Rain Man 01:38 PM 07-16-2019
Mahomes says he tries to cover for his boys a lot of the times and they'll push back when they can.

I'm betting if Pat's offering to carry the freight on a $25K vacation, Deiter's gonna do the slow reach for his wallet while Pat grabs the check...
It would be kind of mind-bending to go from being a college student to suddenly making $570,000 a year, and then being the poorest guy in your posse.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 01:38 PM 07-16-2019
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
He's just so slow. He was never able to beat a 4.5 40 in college, and he doesn't have the size to bulk up and play any other position on offense. Maybe he could have been a decent depth safety if he had converted to the position awhile ago?

There may have been tales of guys in the NFL like him who bust their asses and end up making something out of their careers more than just 3-4 years, a bunch of special teams tackles, and a couple of receptions here and there. But I can't really think of many.
Terrance Copper

{ducks}
[Reply]
-King- 01:49 PM 07-16-2019
Terrance Copper

{ducks}
Cooper was at least good on special teams. Dieter isn't even good enough for that. He was only in on 9% special teams snaps. I don't think even being friends with Mahomes can save him if he can't contribute on ST.
[Reply]
RealSNR 01:51 PM 07-16-2019
Terrance Copper

{ducks}
Terrance Copper lasted 10 years in the NFL.

Gehrig Dieter was lucky just to be given a chance on an NFL training camp roster. He's beyond lucky to be in the position he's in at this very moment. To sustain a career as a special teams monkey for 7 more years like this would be cosmically beyond lucky.

Don't hate on Terrance Copper just because he accomplished what somebody even as lucky as Dieter can only dream of.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 8
< 123 4567 > Last »
Up