ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 6
< 1234 56 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Presenting the double standard in media and domestic violence
Hammock Parties 01:40 PM 07-14-2019
:-)

It will be interesting to see how national media covers this story:

Natasha Howard, All-Star for WNBA's Seattle Storm, accused of physically threatening and abusing her wife, including with a knife. https://t.co/XmABwu3n0a

— Don Hillary (@donhillarykc) July 14, 2019

But I’m lying? Okay. pic.twitter.com/RkszeL0Hq8

— 🌻 (@stopthepress93) July 13, 2019

The Seattle Storm host the New York Liberty 4 pm PST on Sunday, and as of now, no action has been taken by the team. This is a deeply disturbing allegation and doesn't yet seem to be getting much media attention (not even on front page of https://t.co/zd7OlBdOU7 ).

The Seattle Times has posted this preliminary story for now: https://t.co/XmABwu3n0a

But for now, The Times has not demanded the Storm to cut/release Howard "if" these allegations prove true.

For those unaware, this is the 2nd domestic violence allegation in the WNBA in the last three months.

In late April, the LA Sparks' Riquna Williams was arrested for assaulting her ex partner. (Williams has played in 14 of the team's 15 games this year.)https://t.co/AGAB0POnan

Meanwhile, the @seattlestorm haven't yet decided if Natasha Howard will play tonight after being accused of DV by her wife. The WNBA is "in the process of gathering information."

Media didn't allow @Chiefs to "gather info" re: Tyreek Hill case and didn't care about due process. https://t.co/5Nh2spJdxY

[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 07:46 AM 07-15-2019
Originally Posted by Lzen:
But not more than the men. Going by percentage of revenue that they generate, the women actually make a lot more.

https://youtu.be/xw8SapT5XwA
That only looks at what fifa pays them. It ignores what the US soccer federation pays them. Men are getting paid in a lot of other ways. I don't think it should be equal pay, but it doesn't take a rocket scientist to see the uswnt made US soccer a LOT of money and they're not getting very much of it. They're most definitely underpaid.
[Reply]
Lzen 07:50 AM 07-15-2019
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
That only looks at what fifa pays them. It ignores what the US soccer federation pays them. Men are getting paid in a lot of other ways. I don't think it should be equal pay, but it doesn't take a rocket scientist to see the uswnt made US soccer a LOT of money and they're not getting very much of it. They're most definitely underpaid.
If you can find some figures on what US soccer pays and how it relates to how much they made then I'll be glad to look at it.

The women's team dominates the world and the men don't. That much is true. But the competition on the men's side is much greater. So, that is hard to compare. What I don't understand is why we don't seem to put as much support into our men's team as what I kept hearing about the women's team.
[Reply]
Lzen 07:52 AM 07-15-2019
And btw, the women's team lost to a boys youth team from Texas. The women and men are not the same.
[Reply]
Jilly 08:04 AM 07-15-2019
Originally Posted by WhiteWhale:
Fun fact: Lesbian couples have the highest instances (per capita) of domestic violence in the nation.
Really? Where do we find that statistic? It's actually a really interesting fact if it's true.
[Reply]
Marcellus 08:17 AM 07-15-2019
Originally Posted by Cave Johnson:
Random women make Clay angry, news at 11.
I'm not surprised you completely missed the point.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 08:23 AM 07-15-2019
Originally Posted by Lzen:
If you can find some figures on what US soccer pays and how it relates to how much they made then I'll be glad to look at it.

The women's team dominates the world and the men don't. That much is true. But the competition on the men's side is much greater. So, that is hard to compare. What I don't understand is why we don't seem to put as much support into our men's team as what I kept hearing about the women's team.
Because our US men's team is embarrassingly bad. People came out in droves when we were winning. I really don't care about the metrics on who's athletically better. So I hate that nonsense argument that they got beat in a scrimmage against teenagers. Of course Federer is going to beat Serena. It's a simple matter of whether they are earning sponsorships, ads, jersey sales, all those things. If they're earning those things, they deserve a cut. There isn't a doubt uswnt earned a LOT of money for us soccer. They're sitting on a gigantic surplus.

Here is a pretty balanced take.
www.tampabay.com/nation-world/politifact-does-the-us-womens-soccer-team-bring-in-more-revenue-but-get-paid-less-than-the-men-20190712/%3ftemplate=amp
Of course when men win they drive a hell of a lot more revenue. That's why I think equal pay is nonsense. At the same time keep in mind the best on the usmnt are getting paid outside of us soccer a shitload more than women do. They earn a lot in the pros and all kinds of crazy soccer bonuses. No woman will ever in a lifetime earn pulisic money nor should they. Women make most of their money off us soccer. The reason you probably haven't heard a peep from usmnt players is because they're getting paid just fine. The kind of bonus women are asking for is pocket change.
[Reply]
Clyde Frog 12:43 PM 07-15-2019

What's the argument here? NBA, WNBA. One is a sport, one is a joke. I love sports, I love jokes. Room for all.

— Dwight Schrute (@SchruteSays) September 12, 2013

[Reply]
tyecopeland 07:29 PM 07-16-2019
One of the wnba ladies got a 10 game suspension.
[Reply]
kjwood75nro 11:58 PM 07-16-2019
Originally Posted by FringeNC:
Didn't know that. Funny. Female on male domestic is also way more common that you'd think.
Even more frequently than male on female, but far, far less effective or reported.

Same with suicide. Females attempt more than men, but males succeed more than women.
[Reply]
kjwood75nro 12:03 AM 07-17-2019
Well as one would expect men simply have a far higher potential to harm than women do. Plus when it comes to hyper violent lunatics, men dominate that field on the extreme end. So the worst cases are usually men harming women.

I've never struck a woman, but I'm 100% confident I could 1 punch KO all but one of my ex's.

She was very tall. Easily 6-3. Head like a St. Bernard. She was harmless though. Totally sweet girl.
This feels like an elaborate way to describe the fact that you own a dog.
[Reply]
Lzen 07:21 AM 07-17-2019
Originally Posted by kjwood75nro:
Even more frequently than male on female, but far, far less effective or reported.

Same with suicide. Females attempt more than men, but males succeed more than women.
More frequently? Not sure I buy that. I mean, they probably do this more frequently than we are told, but more than men? Not buying that. :-)
[Reply]
InChiefsHeaven 08:48 AM 07-17-2019
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
She cry hahself to sleep on hahr yuge pillah?
That thin hahs et's oown wethar sestem...
[Reply]
Valiant 08:54 AM 07-17-2019
I don't think they deserve equal pay. But they deserve a lot more $. You're relying on cherry picked stats too because a lot of those arguments that the USMNT brings in more credit the USMNT for World Cup revenue. Not even close to the same thing. US Soccer has a gigantic surplus and the men's team sure as shit hasn't done anything recently to justify getting any piece of that. They are most definitely underpaid.
My cherry picked stats are on actual revenue.

What happens if the women break away from the organization and run on their own? They would make even less.

This is not the corporate world, you get paid based off revenue generated. Even a shitty men's team still generates more revenue when playing because the tournaments revenue is so massive.

If the women want more, they need their fans to actually spend money and travel to games and cause the cost of tickets to rise. The rest of the world will also need to do it, but that is the problem. Right now tickets are free to super cheap to go watch. Packing a free power and light will not do it.

If the league ever generates a billion dollars in revenue then they will be paid a lot more. It is still in its infancy.
[Reply]
Valiant 09:02 AM 07-17-2019
Because our US men's team is embarrassingly bad. People came out in droves when we were winning. I really don't care about the metrics on who's athletically better. So I hate that nonsense argument that they got beat in a scrimmage against teenagers. Of course Federer is going to beat Serena. It's a simple matter of whether they are earning sponsorships, ads, jersey sales, all those things. If they're earning those things, they deserve a cut. There isn't a doubt uswnt earned a LOT of money for us soccer. They're sitting on a gigantic surplus.

Here is a pretty balanced take.
www.tampabay.com/nation-world/politifact-does-the-us-womens-soccer-team-bring-in-more-revenue-but-get-paid-less-than-the-men-20190712/%3ftemplate=amp
Of course when men win they drive a hell of a lot more revenue. That's why I think equal pay is nonsense. At the same time keep in mind the best on the usmnt are getting paid outside of us soccer a shitload more than women do. They earn a lot in the pros and all kinds of crazy soccer bonuses. No woman will ever in a lifetime earn pulisic money nor should they. Women make most of their money off us soccer. The reason you probably haven't heard a peep from usmnt players is because they're getting paid just fine. The kind of bonus women are asking for is pocket change.
The article was deleted, but the women also get paid other ways. From what I have read just from the wc alone they made around 330k each, then the salary is 100k, then they get paid for each game outside of those for team USA.

Yearly salary, benefits, they get paid by their leagues, they get bonuses. Should they get paid more? Maybe yes, but leagues are not going to go more bankrupt for it. Your only option right now is sponsors kicking in money.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 09:09 AM 07-17-2019
Fun fact: Lesbian couples have the highest instances (per capita) of domestic violence in the nation.

Never knew that.
[Reply]
Page 4 of 6
< 1234 56 >
Up