ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 9 of 14
« First < 56789 10111213 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Melvin Gordon Wants a New Contract or Out of the Chargers
thabear04 08:18 AM 07-11-2019
https://www.google.com/amp/s/thebigl...act-trade/amp/

Melvin Gordon, entering his fifth season in the NFL and thus still on his rookie deal, is dissatisfied with his contract with the Los Angeles Chargers and is taking those frustrations public:

Los Angeles running back Melvin Gordon has informed the Chargers that unless he receives a new contract, he will not report to training camp and he will demand a trade, his agent Fletcher Smith told ESPN.

Elite backs in the NFL persistently face this issue. The five-year deals for first round picks lock them in at below market wages, and then when they hit their mid to late twenties the teams say they are nearing the end of their useful lives. Last year, Gordon missed four games with an injured knee, but when he was playing he averaged over five yards per carry. Gordon is slated to make $5.6 million this season.

Off the top of my head, if they could make the compensation work the Packers would be a great fit for Gordon. He is from and played college football at Wisconsin, and is the threat to catch passes out of the backfield that Aaron Rodgers has been sorely lacking.
[Reply]
O.city 10:41 AM 07-13-2019
Originally Posted by BryanBusby:
Taking anyone but Sam Darnold was the wrong move for the Giants. Hands down.

They were stupid enough to think they could build around Eli Manning and win. :-)

I guess you feel that you've got a point here when you really don't.
Well if we’re gonna use what bill does as our guide we should probably go ahead and roll with some sixth round qb
[Reply]
O.city 10:44 AM 07-13-2019
You guys are probably right and I would amend my take on possibly taking a rb in the late first

It’s not ideally what I’d do but you could have a situation where a great talent falls to you there

No way I’d do it early
[Reply]
BryanBusby 10:49 AM 07-13-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:
Well if we’re gonna use what bill does as our guide we should probably go ahead and roll with some sixth round qb
You're not making any sense :-)

But I like how you seem to think you're smarter than guys like Belichick and Sean McVay.
[Reply]
O.city 10:50 AM 07-13-2019
You're not making any sense :-)
That’s not unusual for me
[Reply]
Redbled 10:53 AM 07-13-2019
https://apexfantasyleagues.com/2019/...-2019-update/#

The Chiefs have gotten and will continue to get more long term value from Fisher who is not a great player than the Giants will from Barkley. Fisher is 28 now and can still play a lot more years. RBs are rarely still effective at 28. A RB in the top half of the 1st round makes little sense.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 10:53 AM 07-13-2019
A lot of this basically stems from the drought of elite caliber backs since 2000 and it has been twisted into "they have no value"

The Fisher over Barkley thing is pretty funny though. I'm sure the Cardinals still love that they took Levi Brown over Adrian Peterson.
[Reply]
raidersnumber1 10:55 AM 07-13-2019
chargers are falling apart/Rivers is old as dirt
Chiefs/Mahomes are in for an unprecedented regression.
donks lol

Damn the entire division is shitting the bed. It's like handing the division title to Da Raiders on a silver platter. Love you too AFC West.
[Reply]
staylor26 11:00 AM 07-13-2019
A lot of this basically stems from the drought of elite caliber backs since 2000 and it has been twisted into "they have no value"

The Fisher over Barkley thing is pretty funny though. I'm sure the Cardinals still love that they took Levi Brown over Adrian Peterson.
Barkley wouldn’t even be on the team at this point, and if he was he’d probably be breaking down and overpaid.

Of course all things even you take a Barkley over a Fisher, but I’d rather have Fisher right now than a overpaid aging RB. That’s the point.
[Reply]
Redbled 11:18 AM 07-13-2019
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Barkley wouldn’t even be on the team at this point, and if he was he’d probably be breaking down and overpaid.

Of course all things even you take a Barkley over a Fisher, but I’d rather have Fisher right now than a overpaid aging RB. That’s the point.

Yes

When the Giants are ready to consistently compete Barkley will not be effective. Bad use of a pick.
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 12:56 PM 07-13-2019
Originally Posted by Redbled:
https://apexfantasyleagues.com/2019/...-2019-update/#

The Chiefs have gotten and will continue to get more long term value from Fisher who is not a great player than the Giants will from Barkley. Fisher is 28 now and can still play a lot more years. RBs are rarely still effective at 28. A RB in the top half of the 1st round makes little sense.
Fisher had a horrible rookie year and got a holding call against an old James Harrison that cost us the Steelers playoff game. How have the Chiefs gotten more 'long term value' out of Eric Fisher when Saquon has only played one season? Unlike Fisher, Saquon had a great rookie year.

Such homers on here w the Eric Fisher over Saquon crap.
[Reply]
ThyKingdomCome15 01:04 PM 07-13-2019
I have no problem paying a RB if they earned it. Not seeing it. What MG has going for him is they dont have a viable RB back behind him. It's a weak group without him. So he does have leverage and he could get paid.
[Reply]
O.city 10:45 AM 07-17-2019

Melvin Gordon thinks the Chargers “will cave” and pay him, or another team will be willing to trade for him if the holdout lasts “deep in the regular season,” a source told B/R’s @mikefreemanNFL �� pic.twitter.com/UsuwUn1qiM

— B/R Gridiron (@brgridiron) July 17, 2019

[Reply]
ModSocks 10:51 AM 07-17-2019

I think they'll cave. I hope they'll cave.

They see this as their window and have always been high on Gordon.

An aging vet QB with a young defense in their prime.

Within the next year or two they're going to have to pay their young talent and Rivers' arm already started to fade down the stretch last season.
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 10:56 AM 07-17-2019

Chargers will the take the Steelers road for sure on this one IMHO; go elsewhere and get your so-called big payday.:-) IF Leveon didn't get paid then Gordon definitely will not get paid because Gordon is no Bell and the Chargers know that.
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 10:57 AM 07-17-2019
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
I think they'll cave. I hope they'll cave.

They see this as their window and have always been high on Gordon.

An aging vet QB with a young defense in their prime.

Within the next year or two they're going to have to pay their young talent and Rivers' arm already started to fade down the stretch last season.
You may be right as well and they do the stupid thing and screw their cap up.
[Reply]
Page 9 of 14
« First < 56789 10111213 > Last »
Up