ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 11 of 14
« First < 7891011 121314 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Melvin Gordon Wants a New Contract or Out of the Chargers
thabear04 08:18 AM 07-11-2019
https://www.google.com/amp/s/thebigl...act-trade/amp/

Melvin Gordon, entering his fifth season in the NFL and thus still on his rookie deal, is dissatisfied with his contract with the Los Angeles Chargers and is taking those frustrations public:

Los Angeles running back Melvin Gordon has informed the Chargers that unless he receives a new contract, he will not report to training camp and he will demand a trade, his agent Fletcher Smith told ESPN.

Elite backs in the NFL persistently face this issue. The five-year deals for first round picks lock them in at below market wages, and then when they hit their mid to late twenties the teams say they are nearing the end of their useful lives. Last year, Gordon missed four games with an injured knee, but when he was playing he averaged over five yards per carry. Gordon is slated to make $5.6 million this season.

Off the top of my head, if they could make the compensation work the Packers would be a great fit for Gordon. He is from and played college football at Wisconsin, and is the threat to catch passes out of the backfield that Aaron Rodgers has been sorely lacking.
[Reply]
Rawlsian 05:33 PM 07-17-2019
Poor chargers are never going to win this division for the next decade or longer
[Reply]
New World Order 05:38 PM 07-17-2019
They have to decide if they want to choke up a bunch of money to Rivers next season.
[Reply]
Chiefaholic 09:37 PM 07-17-2019
Originally Posted by BryanBusby:
You're a ****ing moron. Dorsey is trying to build a winner and trading Hunt isn't how you win with a rookie HC and a 2nd year QB.
Fuck you, bitch. It's cocksuckers like you that stopped me from posting regularly a long time ago.
[Reply]
Gadzooks 10:08 PM 07-17-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:
I think he's a good player. Solid RB.

But I wouldn't pay him. If he wants that i'd trade him for whatever I could get.

DON"T DRAFT RBS IN THE FIRST ROUND EVER!!!!
I agree with everything but the first line. Good RB's are a dime a dozen and he hasn't even proved to be worth the dime.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 10:11 PM 07-17-2019
Originally Posted by Chiefaholic:
Fuck you, bitch. It's cocksuckers like you that stopped me from posting regularly a long time ago.
So I'm responsible for that terrible post? Interesting.

GoBack2AP
[Reply]
Coagula 10:35 PM 07-17-2019
Melvin leaving SD would be a good thing, right? Let us pray.
[Reply]
Valiant 12:15 PM 07-18-2019
Think about this situation through John Dorsey's eyes. They have two great RB's and one pretty solid RB in Cleveland. Hunt is in the last year of his contract scheduled to make $975K and has been injury free for the most part of his collegiate and NFL career. He trades Hunt to the Chargers for cheap just to spite the Chiefs, The Bolts trade Gordon for equal or better compensation, and Hunt gets to play against the team that prematurely cut his ass twice a season. The Star and the media in general can kiss my ass.
Why would Dorsey take on extra money and a guy demanding money now who is a lesser rb than hunt to spite the chiefs?
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 12:53 PM 07-18-2019
Originally Posted by Valiant:
Why would Dorsey take on extra money and a guy demanding money now who is a lesser rb than hunt to spite the chiefs?
He wouldn't. Guy who posted that is an idiot
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 08:55 PM 07-18-2019
Originally Posted by WhiteWhale:
Ah... an RB who gets injured a lot, averaged less than 4 YPC for his first 3 seasons, who is a 'decent' option as a pass catching RB.

He's not an elite RB, but he thinks he is.

Give him 13 million a year or something. I hope they do. Fully guaranteed.

Heh.
Yep !
[Reply]
Chiefaholic 08:59 PM 07-18-2019
Originally Posted by Valiant:
Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy:
He wouldn't. Guy who posted that is an idiot
Didn't say that Dorsey would be the team that the Bolts trade Gordon to... My point was that Dorsey gets compensation from a crowded backfield, and the Bolts get rid of injury riddled Gordon for equal or better compensation. But, that doesn't matter, YOUR opinion is the only one that matters anyway, douchebag
[Reply]
Kyle DeLexus 09:19 PM 07-18-2019
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
We have a running gag in my fantasy league about Melvin Gordon. We draft via auction, and one of the owners was using his phone. When he put in a bid for Melvin Gordon, he was trying to type a bid in the 20s, but he accidentally fat-fingered it and did 123. He was also not very observant for some reason, because he didn't notice his bid was $123 when he pressed the submit button.

So we're all being having a nice time and quickly boosting up the price in $1 or $5 increments, and out of nowhere.... SOLD! $123

We were all stunned for a few seconds, then laughed our asses off at him. Also, a bunch of people changed their team names to something related to 123, like "Easy as 123" or "I'd buy that for $123!"
The first year we did an auction draft was during prime Adrian Peterson days, so I put out Chicago's Adrian Peterson first. He ended up going for something like $53 when the real Adrian Peterson went for a few dollars less.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 06:38 AM 07-19-2019
Didn't say that Dorsey would be the team that the Bolts trade Gordon to... My point was that Dorsey gets compensation from a crowded backfield, and the Bolts get rid of injury riddled Gordon for equal or better compensation. But, that doesn't matter, YOUR opinion is the only one that matters anyway, douchebag
You're a butt fucking moron, still. Butt fucking moron.

Your entire butt fucking stupid premise was that he wasn't going to do what was in the best interest of the Cleveland Browns to get back at the Chiefs, which is a stupid fucking conclusion that can only be made up by a fucking moron like yourself.

Tell me more about your dumbass idea though. He's so mad at KC that they've done a trade recently and talked heavily about a lot of other ones.
[Reply]
O.city 02:20 PM 07-22-2019

After speaking to a handful of sources, #Chargers’ stance is dug in with Melvin Gordon. Barring a change in his camp’s expectations, an extension isn’t coming soon. His threat to potentially hold out will be put to the test. The extension straddling the next CBA isn’t helping.

— Charles Robinson (@CharlesRobinson) July 22, 2019

[Reply]
ModSocks 02:28 PM 07-22-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:
BOOO!
[Reply]
Setsuna 03:17 PM 07-22-2019
Originally Posted by WhiteWhale:
Ah... an RB who gets injured a lot, averaged less than 4 YPC for his first 3 seasons, who is a 'decent' option as a pass catching RB.

He's not an elite RB, but he thinks he is.

Give him 13 million a year or something. I hope they do. Fully guaranteed.

Heh.
I never said anything about how much he's worth or how good of a RB he is overall. I just refuted your claim that he holds their offense back.
[Reply]
Page 11 of 14
« First < 7891011 121314 >
Up