ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 301
< 123 45671353103 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*** Official 2019 Kansas City Royals Repository ***
Mama Hip Rockets 08:06 AM 03-28-2019
Get the offseason thread out of here. It's on!

Opening day roster:

Catchers (2): Cam Gallagher, Martin Maldonado

Infielders (7): Hunter Dozier, Lucas Duda, Whit Merrifield, Adalberto Mondesi, Ryan O’Hearn, Chris Owings, Frank Schwindel

Outfielders (4): Alex Gordon, Terrance Gore, Billy Hamilton, Jorge Soler

Starting pitchers (3): Jakob Junis, Brad Keller, Jorge Lopez

Relief pitchers (9): Scott Barlow, Brad Boxberger, Jake Diekman, Chris Ellis, Tim Hill, Ian Kennedy, Kevin McCarthy, Wily Peralta, Kyle Zimmer

Injured list: Danny Duffy, Brian Flynn, Jesse Hahn, Salvador Perez

Suspended: Eric Skoglund
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 01:30 PM 03-28-2019
Originally Posted by OKchiefs:
You're right, it's not entirely fair to criticize the contract. By itself I would have just chalked it up to bad luck. My issue is with the three contracts as a whole. That's a lot of money tied up on three players whom haven't come even close to living up to the value of the contract.

Critiques of the Kennedy contract were immediate. I thought it would work out better, based on the way flyball pitchers had fared for KC in recent past. It obviously has been a huge disaster.

Criticizing that is fair.

Have to apply context to the other two deals, IMO. Gordon’s team with KC was shorter and lighter than predicted when FA opened, and shorter and lighter than what the White Sox offered. No one saw his 2016 dive off the cliff coming (maybe this year, the last of the deal, but not right away). He bottomed out the aging curve early.

Just said my piece on Duffy. They bet and lost on him (so far).
[Reply]
Dartgod 01:34 PM 03-28-2019
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
The Royals signed Duffy to his extension coming off a nearly 4-win season...
:-)
[Reply]
Sully 01:37 PM 03-28-2019
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
:-)
WAR, I'm assuming
[Reply]
Dartgod 02:49 PM 03-28-2019
Originally Posted by Sully:
WAR, I'm assuming
Ahhh, makes sense. He was 3.7 WAR in 2016.
[Reply]
carcosa 07:17 PM 03-28-2019
Dayton needs to get off his ass and sign Kimbrel!!! Kuechel too!!!!! Why the fuck not????
[Reply]
cosmo20002 08:38 PM 03-28-2019
Went to the game tonight...remaining crowd was really getting pissed going needing to go through 4 pitchers in the 9th. Made me think how "interesting" it's going to be next year when pitchers have to go 3 batters. Bad bullpens are going to get demolished and embarassed.
[Reply]
Bowser 08:51 PM 03-28-2019
Originally Posted by cosmo20002:
Went to the game tonight...remaining crowd was really getting pissed going needing to go through 4 pitchers in the 9th. Made me think how "interesting" it's going to be next year when pitchers have to go 3 batters. Bad bullpens are going to get demolished and embarassed.
It was pretty damned annoying watching Keller go seven strong only to have the bullpen come in and bumblefuck up the ninth. Got the last out with the bases loaded, the dipshits.

A win is a win, but yeeesh. Close a game, FFS.
[Reply]
Willie Lanier 08:59 PM 03-28-2019
Originally Posted by OKchiefs:
You're right, it's not entirely fair to criticize the contract. By itself I would have just chalked it up to bad luck. My issue is with the three contracts as a whole. That's a lot of money tied up on three players whom haven't come even close to living up to the value of the contract.
Good lord man you could find a flaw in a perfect sunset

Yes those contracts look bad; and I have at no point claimed to possess even adequate baseball knowledge; but come on man, I think most rational royals fans are well aware that this is most likely a lost season...

There's absolutely no reason to defecate all over any little spark of enthusiasm
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 09:28 PM 03-28-2019
31k opening day

Concern?
[Reply]
Why Not? 09:35 PM 03-28-2019
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
31k opening day

Concern?
On a rainy day with an hour and 45 minute delay?

Nah.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 11:19 PM 03-28-2019
WINNING RECORD
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 11:30 PM 03-28-2019
Tied for first place bitches!!
[Reply]
BWillie 12:26 AM 03-29-2019
Originally Posted by cosmo20002:
Wat

They are really going to do that?
[Reply]
kysirsoze 12:35 AM 03-29-2019
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Wat

They are really going to do that?
One of the rules they are experimenting with, I think.
[Reply]
New World Order 03:08 AM 03-29-2019
#solerpower
[Reply]
Page 3 of 301
< 123 45671353103 > Last »
Up