ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 6 of 17
« First < 23456 7891016 > Last »
Media Center>Bands you wish everyone else knew about.
Lprechaun 11:39 AM 01-19-2014
Every once in awhile someone somewhere will turn me onto a new band or group I hadnt heard of. Might be something older like Nat King Cole that you woldnt ever think you would like or something from your childhood that you just dont remember like Social Distortion that you have a new found respect for or a new band that you had to go find everything they had ever done.

Mine would be The Drowning Men, they were signed by Borstal Beat records after touring with Flogging Molly (BB is FMs label) the wife and I have seen them numerous times and its always a great show.
http://www.thedrowningmen.com/

My personal favorite song is "Rita". Enjoy

Im hoping to find some more good groups from this thread!
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:57 AM 03-26-2014
Captain Beefheart.

Now that's some fucking crazy shit...love it!
[Reply]
RainMaker 01:07 PM 03-26-2014
Try "Fleet Foxes." You can catch a Neil Young vibe and plenty of other older classic influences. "Mykonos" is good one to start with.
[Reply]
ModSocks 04:04 PM 03-26-2014
I'd like to find a good band that sounds like this.

Shawn James seems to have that one song and then everything else is a bit more blues than rock.

I'm looking for some deep south, guttural punk/folk rock kinda thing. Does such a thing even exist?
[Reply]
rico 04:46 PM 03-26-2014
Stiltzkin
Temple of the Dog
[Reply]
lcarus 04:50 PM 03-26-2014
Originally Posted by rico:
No doubt dude. That song is awesome, man!

I like the band, "Medicine." They sing that song, "Time Baby lll" in the movie, "The Crow."
Yeah that's a cool song!

I probably shouldn't even post this, but there's a band called Armcannon that makes metal covers of nostalgic video game music. And I dig them quite a bit.

[Reply]
Lprechaun 07:43 PM 05-04-2014
The rockabilly scene is growing it seems and a few years ago I saw these guys and forgot to mention them in this thread. They are a lot of fun in person.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pmkK6Jf0JQs
[Reply]
NewChief 08:37 PM 05-04-2014
Originally Posted by Detoxing:

Shawn James seems to have that one song and then everything else is a bit more blues than rock.

I'm looking for some deep south, guttural punk/folk rock kinda thing. Does such a thing even exist?
Just about everything they play live fits your bill, but I agree that studio stuff doesn't have same energy. I'll ponder and try to hit you with some others in similar vein.
[Reply]
Pushead2 02:18 PM 05-07-2014
Totally in love with this track & artist. Super new & love her vibe.

https://soundcloud.com/annaofthenorth/sway-demo
[Reply]
loochy 02:20 PM 05-07-2014
NICKELBACK
[Reply]
kc rush 12:07 AM 05-17-2014
Just digging through this and found some good stuff.

Here is a local band- Dollar Fox. I used to work with one of these guys and they put on a pretty good show.

http://youtu.be/OkOzUVImj18
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 06:33 PM 05-24-2014
Originally Posted by Shogun:
Katastro

I freaking LOVE Katastro!!

[Reply]
Cheater5 06:52 PM 05-24-2014
Originally Posted by Detoxing:

Try the Chickasaw Mudd Puppies, and Southern Culture on the Skids. Not quite as guttural, but they definitely jam.
[Reply]
Perineum Ripper 05:49 PM 05-26-2014
Shaman's Harvest is one of my favorite bands..they are from Jeff City so it's cool that they are from close by me
[Reply]
Lprechaun 02:05 PM 01-12-2015
Gonna add a couple here that may or may not be big elsewhere.
The Devil Makes Three and The Weeks.
[Reply]
otherstar 09:53 AM 01-13-2015
Originally Posted by Lprechaun:
Gonna add a couple here that may or may not be big elsewhere.
The Devil Makes Three and The Weeks.
I love The Devil Makes Three!
[Reply]
Page 6 of 17
« First < 23456 7891016 > Last »
Up