ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 17
< 1234 567814 > Last »
Media Center>Bands you wish everyone else knew about.
Lprechaun 11:39 AM 01-19-2014
Every once in awhile someone somewhere will turn me onto a new band or group I hadnt heard of. Might be something older like Nat King Cole that you woldnt ever think you would like or something from your childhood that you just dont remember like Social Distortion that you have a new found respect for or a new band that you had to go find everything they had ever done.

Mine would be The Drowning Men, they were signed by Borstal Beat records after touring with Flogging Molly (BB is FMs label) the wife and I have seen them numerous times and its always a great show.
http://www.thedrowningmen.com/

My personal favorite song is "Rita". Enjoy

Im hoping to find some more good groups from this thread!
[Reply]
oldandslow 12:10 PM 01-28-2014
Tedeschi Trucks....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bLQMB5yFWVQ
[Reply]
otherstar 01:18 PM 01-28-2014
Originally Posted by oldandslow:
Tedeschi Trucks....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bLQMB5yFWVQ
GREAT band!
[Reply]
Lprechaun 04:37 PM 02-02-2014
I know everyone had heard of Credence Clearwater Revival, but did you know that John Fogerty has released an album of his own and then redid a bunch of old CCR songs with other musicians?
If that band interests you at all you should read the back story as to why he had to wait so long to release his own album.
[Reply]
Aries Walker 09:38 PM 02-02-2014
Ladies and gentlemen, I give you Imelda May.

[Reply]
AustinChief 10:04 PM 02-02-2014
The Beautiful South, one of the most successful British bands of the last 25 years and virtually NO Americans know them at all.

Lyrics are NSFW... if your work doesn't like the word FUCK.

[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 10:10 PM 02-02-2014
Originally Posted by rico:
Some bands I wish more people knew:

Toadies
Yeasayer
Grizzly Bear
Beach House
Screaming Trees
Rusted Root
Fred Neil (my God, listen to "The Dolphins." This guy wrote "Everybody's Talkin." I think Bob Dylan played harmonica for him when Dylan was starting out).
First Aid Kit (check out the song, "Emmylou."
Best Coast
Dry Kill Logic
The Dirty Heads
Rebelution
Iration
Slightly Stoopid
Pepper
Joy Division (although I realize, in Europe, they are VERY well known)
Sonic Youth
The Vines
Prong
Mad Season

There are a tone more.
Tyler by the Toadies is one of the creepiest songs I've ever heard. And I hate myself for getting pumped up whenever I hear it.
[Reply]
AustinChief 10:27 PM 02-02-2014
Another Beautiful South for your perusal.

[Reply]
CoMoChief 10:38 PM 02-03-2014
One Direction

awesome stuff
[Reply]
Lprechaun 04:24 PM 02-17-2014
Got to see the band I mentioned in the OP again last night AND they were with Flogging Molly again. The tour goes through Kansas City and Id highly recommend the show.
March 12th Uptown Theater.
[Reply]
cdcox 02:51 PM 02-22-2014
This thread has been awesome. I've been pretty much locked into the music that I grew up with for many years. It gets real repetitive and has caused me to largely lose interest in music.

I previewed most of the songs in this thread, and popped the ones I liked into Pandora as seeds and boom, a whole world of new music has been opened to me.

I'm going to check out Spotify, look into getting a speaker doc for my iphone, and maybe get a blue tooth set up for my car so I can listen to my iphone while in the car.
[Reply]
htismaqe 03:24 PM 02-22-2014
Originally Posted by cdcox:
This thread has been awesome. I've been pretty much locked into the music that I grew up with for many years. It gets real repetitive and has caused me to largely lose interest in music.

I previewed most of the songs in this thread, and popped the ones I liked into Pandora as seeds and boom, a whole world of new music has been opened to me.

I'm going to check out Spotify, look into getting a speaker doc for my iphone, and maybe get a blue tooth set up for my car so I can listen to my iphone while in the car.
They aren't the most powerful speakers in the world but if you also need noise canceling headphones like I did, these are the shit.

[Reply]
NewChief 03:41 PM 02-22-2014
Originally Posted by cdcox:

My wife's new RDX has this, and I use Spotify. It's ****ing gorgeous. I am constantly stealing her car to run even the smallest errands largely due to the sound setup. Get in the car with phone (and keys due to push button ignition) in pocket and my music automatically starts playing where I last left it on Spotify. Just awesome.

Of course, it's also dangerous with the kids.

"I LOVE BAD BITCHES THAT'S MY ****ING PROBLEM!"

*quickly reaching for volume control*
[Reply]
htismaqe 03:53 PM 02-22-2014
Originally Posted by NewChief:
My wife's new RDX has this, and I use Spotify. It's ****ing gorgeous. I am constantly stealing her car to run even the smallest errands largely due to the sound setup. Get in the car with phone (and keys due to push button ignition) in pocket and my music automatically starts playing where I last left it on Spotify. Just awesome.

Of course, it's also dangerous with the kids.

"I LOVE BAD BITCHES THAT'S MY ****ING PROBLEM!"

*quickly reaching for volume control*
It sounds like your car already has bluetooth.

If he's like me, he'll be forced to buy an FM transmitter and do a bluetooth-FM conversion. It works but the sound quality isn't great.
[Reply]
NewChief 04:37 PM 02-22-2014
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
It sounds like your car already has bluetooth.

If he's like me, he'll be forced to buy an FM transmitter and do a bluetooth-FM conversion. It works but the sound quality isn't great.
Or replace the head unit, which is what I'm going to do in our Honda Pilot. But yes, the RDX has bluetooth builtin.
[Reply]
cdcox 06:00 PM 02-22-2014
I have built in blue tooth in my Mazda 3 and use it for my phone, I just need to figure out how to configure it to play music.
[Reply]
Page 4 of 17
< 1234 567814 > Last »
Up