ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 17
< 12 345612 > Last »
Media Center>Bands you wish everyone else knew about.
Lprechaun 11:39 AM 01-19-2014
Every once in awhile someone somewhere will turn me onto a new band or group I hadnt heard of. Might be something older like Nat King Cole that you woldnt ever think you would like or something from your childhood that you just dont remember like Social Distortion that you have a new found respect for or a new band that you had to go find everything they had ever done.

Mine would be The Drowning Men, they were signed by Borstal Beat records after touring with Flogging Molly (BB is FMs label) the wife and I have seen them numerous times and its always a great show.
http://www.thedrowningmen.com/

My personal favorite song is "Rita". Enjoy

Im hoping to find some more good groups from this thread!
[Reply]
SuperChief 08:45 PM 01-19-2014
Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy!:
Walk Off the Earth. They're starting to get some airplay, and their YouTube covers have earned them some recognition, but their original music is really outstanding. Big, big fan here.

This is one of my favorites.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHvl6z56zGc
Unequivocally this. WOTE are incredibly talented and humble stars in the making. All of their videos (both covers and originals) are outstanding, and their live show is even better. This is one of my favorite covers from them:

[Reply]
SuperChief 08:49 PM 01-19-2014
Along with Walk off the Earth, I'd highly recommend The Mowgli's. They're a really fun, happy-go-lucky type band from SoCal (lead male singer is from KC) that is quickly gaining popularity, largely in part due to their single "San Francisco" that gets used pretty commercially lately. Here's a few great ones from them:

[Reply]
a pp roach 09:44 PM 01-19-2014
mowgli's are great.
[Reply]
Pablo 10:53 PM 01-19-2014
Originally Posted by SuperChief:
Unequivocally this. WOTE are incredibly talented and humble stars in the making. All of their videos (both covers and originals) are outstanding, and their live show is even better. This is one of my favorite covers from them:

That was decent.

I'm an enormous Radiohead fan, so I'm a bit partial, but I respect the effort.

Going to listen to OK Computer now though, so I do have to rep you for planting that seed in my mind.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 12:16 AM 01-20-2014
Originally Posted by Archie F. Swin:
Hawksley Workman
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-_FBV_DFIio
You ever hear of Lambchop? Seems to be a pretty similar style:

[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 12:29 AM 01-20-2014
I think Matt Pond PA has become a little more popular. But I remember going to a show about 5 years ago in a decent sized venue where they probably had about 20-25 people.

[Reply]
Reaper16 12:50 AM 01-20-2014
Originally Posted by Demonpenz:
there is this band that sings "Look at this photograph" it is p good.
dude don't tell everybody! now i'm gonna get so much competition when I call Johnny Dare asking for tickets.
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:23 AM 01-20-2014
Red Fang.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VufilzHKTqk
[Reply]
ghak99 02:07 PM 01-20-2014

[Reply]
jiveturkey 04:43 PM 01-20-2014
Great idea for a thread.

Here's a band that I absolutely love. Her voice as a bit of a haunting quality and everyone that I've ever exposed to them looks at me like I'm crazy. So now you son's a bitches get little taste.

[Reply]
Lprechaun 04:52 PM 01-20-2014
Im stoked to find out today The Drowning Men will be announcing tour dates tomorrow. I havent gotten to see them since Atlanta opening for Bad Books (another one you should check out) a couple years ago. They have been touring Europe and then got asked to come back and did it again.
I havent heard anything on this thread yet I would say I dislike... keep em coming.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 04:52 PM 01-20-2014
Originally Posted by Demonpenz:
there is this band that sings "Look at this photograph" it is p good.
Theory of a Deadman brings out all the feels.
[Reply]
NewChief 04:57 PM 01-20-2014
The mowgli's will be playing Waka this year. I'm over the festival thing, but the site is hard to beat and very doable from Missouri or Kansas.
[Reply]
Lprechaun 08:48 PM 01-24-2014
It sounds like the Drowning Men will be doing to shows with Flogging Molly, I highly suggest those shows.
[Reply]
The Poz 10:35 PM 01-24-2014
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Red Fang.
Nice one.

My contribution.

[Reply]
Page 2 of 17
< 12 345612 > Last »
Up