ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 17 of 17
« First < 71314151617
Media Center>Bands you wish everyone else knew about.
Lprechaun 11:39 AM 01-19-2014
Every once in awhile someone somewhere will turn me onto a new band or group I hadnt heard of. Might be something older like Nat King Cole that you woldnt ever think you would like or something from your childhood that you just dont remember like Social Distortion that you have a new found respect for or a new band that you had to go find everything they had ever done.

Mine would be The Drowning Men, they were signed by Borstal Beat records after touring with Flogging Molly (BB is FMs label) the wife and I have seen them numerous times and its always a great show.
http://www.thedrowningmen.com/

My personal favorite song is "Rita". Enjoy

Im hoping to find some more good groups from this thread!
[Reply]
Frazod 11:48 AM 07-07-2019
Originally Posted by DeepPurple:
I think also I like the Fair Warning version because I've always disliked Bon Jovi. I saw the Scorpions on the Love at First Sting tour of '84 in Savannah. BJ was the opening act and we didn't know who they were. The guy had the big hair and fishnet shirt and ran around the stage posing for the girls, we all started chanting The Scorpions. I know he's suppose to be a great guy, but I guess my first impression of him has lasted and then his label screwed this other band.
Funny story - I was on a seven month Med cruise during 1986 when they exploded in popularity. I had never heard of them before before that. Suddenly I kept hearing about this new performer named Bon Jovi that was all the rage, but had no access to the music. I just assumed that Bon was a first name, and Jovi was the last. Figured it was probably a black guy.

I remember the first time I saw one of their videos on MTV when I got back. That's Bon Jovi? Wow. :-)
[Reply]
MarkDavis'Haircut 11:54 AM 07-07-2019
Turnpike Troubadours
[Reply]
GloucesterChief 07:27 PM 07-07-2019
Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider:
Like the first one better by Minna No Kodomo-chan. Great addition to the thread.
They had to cancel a date or two because one of the lead singers headbanged so hard she sprained her neck.
[Reply]
Skyy God 09:10 PM 07-07-2019
Originally Posted by cripple creek:
greta van fleet sound promising to these 70' era rock ears
“Greta Van Fleet sound like they did weed exactly once, called the cops, and tried to record a Led Zeppelin album before they arrested themselves.”

https://www.google.com/amp/s/pitchfo...eful-army/amp/
[Reply]
rabblerouser 05:13 AM 07-08-2019
Originally Posted by cripple creek:
greta van fleet sound promising to these 70' era rock ears
The Steepwater Band>Greta Van Fleet

[Reply]
Young9Cothinho 06:03 AM 07-08-2019
OLED is the LG technology Samsung is going with the Q, the O generally looks better in my view but it has some flaws.

8k is just the next step up from 4k so it's just more clear and a tv that is those specs today is going to be like 10k.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 06:51 AM 07-08-2019
Originally Posted by Young9Cothinho:
OLED is the LG technology Samsung is going with the Q, the O generally looks better in my view but it has some flaws.

8k is just the next step up from 4k so it's just more clear and a tv that is those specs today is going to be like 10k.
Is that TVs or something?
[Reply]
DeepPurple 07:02 AM 07-08-2019
Originally Posted by Cave Johnson:
“Greta Van Fleet sound like they did weed exactly once, called the cops, and tried to record a Led Zeppelin album before they arrested themselves.”

https://www.google.com/amp/s/pitchfo...eful-army/amp/
I first saw their live videos on Youtube a couple of years ago, I have about 8,000 concert music videos saved on 40 music chapters, it's my hobby. Anyway, I thought they were all style and no substance. When they make a Kashmir or Stairway to Heaven type song, then they'll be something.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 08:22 AM 07-13-2019

[Reply]
DeepPurple 09:02 AM 07-13-2019
Originally Posted by rabblerouser:
When I saw that band title, I thought of these guys. They even sound alike.

[Reply]
GloucesterChief 11:18 AM 07-13-2019
You'll Melt More! (pronounced in Japanese as Yuru Meru Mo)

Not so unknown in Japan. They are a long running idol unit who is extremely diverse in their sound and genre they perform in.

Ska:

Space rock:

Pop punk:

[Reply]
eDave 02:35 PM 07-13-2019

[Reply]
rabblerouser 01:45 AM 07-17-2019
Originally Posted by DeepPurple:
When I saw that band title, I thought of these guys. They even sound alike.

Ha, I guess you're right!
[Reply]
Page 17 of 17
« First < 71314151617
Up