ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 10 of 172
« First < 678910 111213142060110 > Last »
Media Center>Better Call Saul
rico 11:01 PM 10-06-2013

As I am sure many of y'all already know, a spinoff of "Breaking Bad" titled "Better Call Saul" will be airing in 2014. This is going to be a prequel to Breaking Bad and will be based on the character of Saul Goodman from "Breaking Bad."

I, for one, will be watching. I'm sure the majority of all of you other "Breaking Bad" fans will be as well. Might as well get the discussion going sooner rather than later.

So... what are your hopes, expectations and/or concerns with the show? Here are some of mine:

Hopes: I hope to see Saul do his thing in the courtroom. I hope to see strong, unique supporting characters. I hope to see Breaking Bad foreshadowing. I hope he has an intriguing paralegal and/or assistant. I hope to see Breaking Bad characters such as Fring, Mike, etc...whoever. I hope the show kicks ass.

Expectations: I don't expect it to be as good as "Breaking Bad" (because nothing else is, really), but I expect it to be good since Vince Gilligan is writing. I somewhat expect it to have an even balance of comedy and drama...since Saul undeniably provides a substantial amount of comedic relief in "Breaking Bad." I expect to see "courtroom Saul." I expect the "Breaking Bad" references and character cameos to be less than what I hope. If it isn't even a fraction as good as "Breaking Bad," I expect it to be better than 95% of everything else on TV, since there is some shitty shit on TV these days.

Concerns: I'd be a liar if I were to say that I didn't think this show has potential of flopping and certainly failing to meet the presumed high expectations of the audience. Don't get me wrong, I think it will be good... but I think it COULD suck if not executed properly. My main concern is Saul ultimately proving himself to be a "little dab will do ya" type of character, which would lead to a show centered around his character not working out. I am hoping that the character of Saul will not be so over-used and constantly over the top, that he becomes annoying to me, thus ruining his character for me altogether... Not saying I think this will be how it goes down...just saying I think there is a CHANCE of this being the case, which prompts me to believe that a strong supporting cast is VITAL in terms of the amount of success/quality this show will accumulate. All in all, I don't think VG will steer us in an unfortunate direction though...I think they'll pull it off.

Thoughts?

DISCUS!!!!

[Reply]
L.A. Chieffan 01:59 PM 02-17-2015
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
The massive cell phone was a bit of a giveaway :-)
They said Johnny Cochran, famous for his Chewbacca defense, died from those things
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 02:02 PM 02-17-2015
It's been wonderful up to this point. The only thing that vexes me is why that girl would (seemingly) have interest in him.
[Reply]
BWillie 03:01 PM 02-17-2015
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
The massive cell phone was a bit of a giveaway :-)
Eerily similar to how Saul has to put his cell phone in the mailbox every time he goes to his brothers
[Reply]
Baby Lee 03:26 PM 02-17-2015
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
It's been wonderful up to this point. The only thing that vexes me is why that girl would (seemingly) have interest in him.
I think it wasn't intended to be about her interest. That was just the random bar potential hookup. To a stranger, he's an objectively attractive dude and a smooth talker. It was about how he was swirling out of control, getting sloppy drunk and freaking out about the broken bread-stick.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 07:59 PM 02-17-2015
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
I think it wasn't intended to be about her interest. That was just the random bar potential hookup. To a stranger, he's an objectively attractive dude and a smooth talker. It was about how he was swirling out of control, getting sloppy drunk and freaking out about the broken bread-stick.
I meant the girl from the law firm.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 08:17 PM 02-17-2015
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
I meant the girl from the law firm.
That was a partner [she was in the boardroom I think] who he was pleading with for support in his case for Charlie. They've presumably known each other for a while and she knows the legitimacy of Charlie's legacy.

She's a big name, in the opening credits, Rhea Seahorn who I assume will have an ongoing role.
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 09:24 PM 02-17-2015
Really enjoying this show. What is wrong with Saul's brother? Mental illness that makes him physically sick? Intentionally not having power on or electronics...weird
[Reply]
Baby Lee 10:18 PM 02-17-2015
Originally Posted by Sure-Oz:
Really enjoying this show. What is wrong with Saul's brother? Mental illness that makes him physically sick? Intentionally not having power on or electronics...weird
Best guess he probably needs help [or thinks he does] from these folks.

http://www.emfanalysis.com/emf-refugee/

3rd Episode was better than the first two. Really knocking it out from the get go.
[Reply]
Gonzo 08:54 AM 02-18-2015
I was really thinking that this show was going to be completely different for some reason. Just something they threw together to make it a comedy. I had no hope for it to be anything like BB. I am happily wrong.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 09:11 AM 02-18-2015
Originally Posted by Gonzo:
I was really thinking that this show was going to be completely different for some reason. Just something they threw together to make it a comedy. I had no hope for it to be anything like BB. I am happily wrong.
I was thinking it had the promise of being the new best show in TV, but I caught up on Justified and it remains as good as ever.

Tough call.
[Reply]
RockChalk 09:57 AM 02-18-2015
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
I was thinking it had the promise of being the new best show in TV, but I caught up on Justified and it remains as good as ever.

Tough call.
I wish that I could find Justified from the beginning online somewhere. Damn you Netflix, pick it up!
[Reply]
Baby Lee 10:17 AM 02-18-2015
Originally Posted by RockChalk:
I wish that I could find Justified from the beginning online somewhere. Damn you Netflix, pick it up!
The first season is different from the others, in that it was more case of the week with progress on the meta-story interspersed.

From then on, it's more in the vein of Breaking Bad of a season arc and full meta-story building off the first season's.

I say that for two reasons. The first season feels a little more conventional television. And it probably is best to start from the beginning, but ignore any queasiness you might feel until you've a good belly full of the EXCELLENT second.
[Reply]
Buehler445 10:19 AM 02-18-2015
If you have Prime you can watch it.
[Reply]
ragedogg69 10:25 AM 02-18-2015
Originally Posted by BWillie:
I took it as Jimmy was younger and screwed up. And his brother saved him. I think we will find out that his brother Charles got him out of that jam..and as a result Jimmy grew up and became an attorney. I think its alao why he feels he owes his brother and wants to help him so much
"Slippin' Jimmy"
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 11:18 AM 02-18-2015
Amazon Prime has it
[Reply]
Page 10 of 172
« First < 678910 111213142060110 > Last »
Up