ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Media Center>Guns N Roses rhythm section
rabblerouser 08:54 PM 06-02-2019
Been brushing up on a bunch of Driving Wheel tunes in preperation for a festival show in August, and I slammed through some old GN'R for funsies as a 'break'...Duff, Izzy, and Steven/Matt were BADASSES.

songs I jammed on :

"Locomotive"
"Pretty Tied Up"
"My Michelle"
"You Could Be Mine"

Those tunes are the TITS, like, rhythmically and compositionally.

Axl and Slash get the glory, but it's the grunts in the back that made that machine go...
[Reply]
Demonpenz 01:24 PM 07-14-2019
bass thumped for sure
[Reply]
WhiteWhale 08:16 PM 07-14-2019
Originally Posted by rabblerouser:
Been brushing up on a bunch of Driving Wheel tunes in preperation for a festival show in August, and I slammed through some old GN'R for funsies as a 'break'...Duff, Izzy, and Steven/Matt were BADASSES.

songs I jammed on :

"Locomotive"
"Pretty Tied Up"
"My Michelle"
"You Could Be Mine"

Those tunes are the TITS, like, rhythmically and compositionally.

Axl and Slash get the glory, but it's the grunts in the back that made that machine go...
True of most great bands....
[Reply]
rabblerouser 01:42 AM 07-17-2019
Listening to the Sound City demos in the new (ish) AFD boxset...holy hell, "Shadow Of Your Love" SMOKES on this set.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 01:43 AM 07-17-2019
Originally Posted by DRM08:
Mr. Brownstone has an incredible groove from Steven, Duff, Izzy, and Slash. GOAT hard rock album in my opinion.

Here is one of my favorite versions of Rocket Queen, filmed in September 1986. Notice it has a different feel from the album version, especially when you get to 3:35 and later:

Yes.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 01:43 AM 07-17-2019
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
It’s just not the same without Adler and Izzy, they gave that band a certain swing that’s been missing ever since
Yes
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up