ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 53 of 57
« First < 3434950515253 54555657 >
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official gardening, landscape and yardwork thread***
lewdog 11:06 AM 03-11-2017
We had a 2014 gardening thread and another planting trees thread. Figured it would be better just to have a general thread to share knowledge about all things yards.

I've learned stuff about growing things here in the desert from people all around the country. Post pictures and share your knowledge!
[Reply]
KCUnited 08:04 AM 05-21-2023
Lew, if you make it across town I'll have some foie gras waiting

MFers keep shitting all over my pool deck

*palms are getting a haircut this afternoon

[Reply]
BigRedChief 10:51 AM 05-21-2023
Some of our stuff around our yard.
Attached: IMG_7343.jpg (89.6 KB) IMG_7336.jpg (135.9 KB) IMG_7342.jpg (133.5 KB) IMG_7339.jpg (150.8 KB) 
[Reply]
lewdog 11:45 AM 05-21-2023
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
Some of our stuff around our yard.
Plumeria just growing like weeds there while I have to work super hard to get them to thrive and hopefully not die. :-)

That's a beautiful bouquet of pink plumeria flowers. Simply awesome. Do those ones smell?
[Reply]
lewdog 11:45 AM 05-21-2023
Originally Posted by KCUnited:

:-)

I fucking love eating duck. It's so damn good. I've never had ducks in our pool though but know it can happen. Those things make a fucking mess!
[Reply]
kay_may 12:40 AM 05-22-2023
These flowers look beautiful. I also have them in my garden. I love spending time in my garden, so I decided to buy some pieces of furniture to put there. What can you recommend me?
[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:22 AM 05-23-2023
Originally Posted by lewdog:
Plumeria just growing like weeds there while I have to work super hard to get them to thrive and hopefully not die. :-)

That's a beautiful bouquet of pink plumeria flowers. Simply awesome. Do those ones smell?
Oh yeah. You can smell them from a distance.
[Reply]
Iowanian 10:22 AM 05-23-2023
I've been on a rampage building raised gardens and mound garden spots based on hugelkultur.

I've build the boxes, and I tried a design with plastic barrels split in half. The premise is that I have stumps and logs underneath the mounds and as filler in the raised beds.

I'm also trying potato box method of raising potatoes using my old bee hive boxes.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:41 AM 05-23-2023
Had to cut down my Ash tree yesterday.

Fuck you, emerald ash borers.

Guess I'll put in a pin oak to get a decent, hardy, fast growing shade tree back there. I really liked that Ash tree, though. Crap on a stick.
[Reply]
Iowanian 12:15 PM 05-23-2023
I have about 25 Ash trees, several are really big that have to come down.
[Reply]
Graystoke 02:55 PM 05-23-2023
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:

Guess I'll put in a pin oak to get a decent, hardy, fast growing shade tree back there. I really liked that Ash tree, though. Crap on a stick.
Its a bloody shame about Ash Trees. I lost 5 in my yard.
My replacement trees so far:
I needed to be very selective as my area can flood the yard.
Kentucky Coffee Tree
Swamp Oak
Honey Locust
Blaze Maple
River Birch

The Honey Locust are really struggling. I don't think the soil conditions are correct for it because I had one already fail and replaced under warranty.
[Reply]
displacedinMN 08:22 PM 05-23-2023

My small golf course took down almost 40 over the winter.....They are not finished.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 04:45 PM 05-27-2023
Just put down a bunch of landscaping rock and realized I need a LOT more.

Ya'll got a source for buying this shit in bulk?
[Reply]
loochy 05:27 PM 05-27-2023
Originally Posted by KCUnited:

Nice Buddha
[Reply]
KCUnited 05:38 PM 05-27-2023
Originally Posted by loochy:
Nice Buddha
I like big buddhas and I can not lie...

Turns out the previous owner of the home also owns a pool and spa company here in the area.

According to neighbors, he went all out with the pool install to try and salvage his marriage, which failed, hence me owning the property.

Either way, they were both into Asian themes despite being 2 extremely white people but I'd likely have to hire a crane to hoist it out so we just roll with it.

His name is Clark and I just power washed him this afternoon.
[Reply]
Buehler445 10:50 PM 05-27-2023

Our climates and soil types are remarkably different, but I put in a shamrock linden and I was amazed at how Hardy it was and surprised by how quick it grew.

Might look into some form of Linden tree.
[Reply]
Page 53 of 57
« First < 3434950515253 54555657 >
Up