ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 11
< 123 4567 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Skip and Shannon divorce
Hammock Parties 06:21 PM 05-31-2023
:-)

Media news: NFL Hall of Fame TE Shannon Sharpe has reached a buyout agreement with FS1 and his final appearance on 'Undisputed' is expected to be after the NBA Finals, per @sportsrapport. https://t.co/PKNXbz2uc4 pic.twitter.com/Nm8SgtBGSB

— Ari Meirov (@MySportsUpdate) June 1, 2023

[Reply]
ThyKingdomCome15 08:04 PM 05-31-2023
Originally Posted by Jerm:
I bet they try and get Nick Wright to take Shannon’s spot…
That would be amazing, truly.
[Reply]
Megatron96 08:28 PM 05-31-2023
Originally Posted by scho63:
Tons of Skip haters and he can be obnoxious at times but the old guy does put in the work watching all kinds of sports.

He just has some horrible takes at times.

There was a time when he was decent to listen to. Then he just decided to go off the rails however many years ago.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 08:32 PM 05-31-2023
skip is 71

may just call it a career
[Reply]
TribalElder 08:42 PM 05-31-2023
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
skip is 71

may just call it a career
can't imagine he would ever stop
[Reply]
Red Dawg 08:56 PM 05-31-2023
Thank gawd. Skip is beyond trash and Sharpe is an white hater. If Joxkic was black he would scream racism all over not getting the MVP and being left off Mark Jacksons list. Jackson said it was an oversight but Sharpe would have called him racist if he was white.
[Reply]
RealSNR 09:06 PM 05-31-2023
Here's the other thing about Skip, though. He's really really really boring. Yeah, he gets clicks when he says crazy stuff, but that's literally his only trick he has in the bag.

He's not funny or witty at all. Just listen to any segment with Shannon where they're not debating. Shannon will come up with something funny to say or at least use a funny southernism that makes you smile a bit. Skip has none of that. I don't think he's told a single joke in his entire life. And when he's trying to tell a joke (usually a pun that mocks a player's name or nickname) he does it in this lip-curly old mean man way. That's okay if you're trying to play the curmudgeon character, but he constantly does and says shit that says, "Look at me! I'm cool! I'm hip!!!" and tries to distance himself from being old and curmudgeonly.

All that could be forgivable if he would just speak succinctly and make his points, but he never does that. He always resorts to telling the entire history. Far too often to explain something about a modern player, he'll go back to some stupid pointless fucking story about him as a reporter in the 80s that nobody cares about or asked for.

And just watch him on that Charles Barkley video I posted below. I guess that's his podcast? Holy shit is he terrible. He's literally a gummed up old man bitterly ranting about the world in the most slow, tired, and lifeless way. That's just how he talks? He's about the worst podcaster I think I've ever heard.

I still can't fucking believe this guy ever got on TV in the first place. He has zero good qualities for command of a camera frame or talking to an audience. The only thing he's good at it is saying crazy shit and repeating himself.

That Frank Grimes episode of the Simpsons is all too true. There are hundreds of local sports talk jockeys across this country currently hustling their asses off doing shitty local high school sports, working tirelessly to make unpopular internet content in the hopes of getting noticed, and living in closets above bowling alleys, which are below other bowling alleys. And yet stupid shitty LYING douche Skip got lucky in spite of being completely incompetent, has a great job and a career, and does everything these miserable fucks could only dream of one day reaching but never will.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 09:08 PM 05-31-2023
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
Here's the other thing about Skip, though. He's really really really boring. Yeah, he gets clicks when he says crazy stuff, but that's literally his only trick he has in the bag.

He's not funny or witty at all. Just listen to any segment with Shannon where they're not debating. Shannon will come up with something funny to say or at least use a funny southernism that makes you smile a bit. Skip has none of that. I don't think he's told a single joke in his entire life. And when he's trying to tell a joke (usually a pun that mocks a player's name or nickname) he does it in this lip-curly old mean man way. That's okay if you're trying to play the curmudgeon character, but he constantly does and says shit that says, "Look at me! I'm cool! I'm hip!!!" and tries to distance himself from being old and curmudgeonly.

All that could be forgivable if he would just speak succinctly and make his points, but he never does that. He always resorts to telling the entire history. Far too often to explain something about a modern player, he'll go back to some stupid pointless fucking story about him as a reporter in the 80s that nobody cares about or asked for.

And just watch him on that Charles Barkley video I posted below. I guess that's his podcast? Holy shit is he terrible. He's literally a gummed up old man bitterly ranting about the world in the most slow, tired, and lifeless way. That's just how he talks? He's about the worst podcaster I think I've ever heard.

I still can't fucking believe this guy ever got on TV in the first place. He has zero good qualities for command of a camera frame or talking to an audience. The only thing he's good at it is saying crazy shit and repeating himself.

That Frank Grimes episode of the Simpsons is all too true. There are hundreds of local sports talk jockeys across this country currently hustling their asses off doing shitty local high school sports, working tirelessly to make unpopular internet content in the hopes of getting noticed, and living in closets above bowling alleys, which are below other bowling alleys. And yet stupid shitty LYING douche Skip got lucky in spite of being completely incompetent, has a great job and a career, and does everything these miserable fucks could only dream of one day reaching but never will.
thats why we love him
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 09:12 PM 05-31-2023
Originally Posted by |Zach|:
Can't believe so many people watch these shows. Especially in the era of the internet the idea that so many are seeking out more opinions from people...weird.
They were more entertaining than watching boring ass soccer.
[Reply]
T-post Tom 09:29 PM 05-31-2023
To me, Skip and Jim Rome are the two most odious toads ever to sit in front of a microphone and comment on sports. They are both self-aggrandizing windbags that thrive on the shock value of denigrating other people. FS1 split with the wrong person. IMHO
[Reply]
kcxiv 11:37 PM 05-31-2023
Originally Posted by |Zach|:
Can't believe so many people watch these shows. Especially in the era of the internet the idea that so many are seeking out more opinions from people...weird.
thats where i watch them on youtube
[Reply]
BigBeauford 06:13 AM 06-01-2023
Shannon's arrow is pointing up. Who gives a shit what happens to Skip.
[Reply]
AussieChiefsFan 06:32 AM 06-01-2023
Ah good to see he's joining New Heights permanently.
[Reply]
displacedinMN 06:43 AM 06-01-2023
oh darn

anyway......
[Reply]
BleedingRed 06:56 AM 06-01-2023

[Reply]
BleedingRed 06:56 AM 06-01-2023
Shannon saw what Kelce brothers were doing, alot of these guys are going independent
[Reply]
Page 3 of 11
< 123 4567 > Last »
Up