ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 7 of 10
« First < 34567 8910 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Money no object, where else in the World would you live?
scho63 07:31 AM 05-31-2023
Take away your current location and say you decide you are going to move to the place of your dreams.

Where in the World is it?
US?
An island?
An exotic land?
Europe?
South America?
Asia?

Describe the perfect place, size of your house and what you are going to do. You have 10 years at a minimum in this location.

For me it would be one of three places:

1. Greece-never been there but dream of living an island hopping lifestyle. A small house of 800-1000 sq ft. 2 bed/2 bath and a nice outdoor area with a small plunge pool.

2. Italy-been there twice and love the location to travel all over Europe. The laid back life and food would turn me into a fat guy again but all the walking cities would help. Plus all the history. Again same size house

3. Vietnam-I would buy a nice 2Bd/2Ba condo on the beach in Nha Trang and travel all over Asia. Thailand, the Philippines, Bali, Indonesia and more. Love Vienamese food and happy endings.

So where are you headed? :-)
[Reply]
ModSocks 06:16 PM 05-31-2023
Slab City.

Since i have unlimited funds, i would become the King of Slab City and have my own nomadic cult following to do my bidding.

Originally Posted by :
Well, located in the Sonoran Desert in California, is America's only law-free area; Slab City. Its name comes from the concrete slabs that were left behind by Marine Corps barracks of Camp Dunlap during World War II. Several campers, travellers, and squatters occupy the area, many of which are retired.

[Reply]
BryanBusby 06:17 PM 05-31-2023
You will feel like you're in LA when you get stuck in traffic on I-95 at 1 am. :-)
[Reply]
Stryker 06:27 PM 05-31-2023
San Destin Florida absolutely beautiful!
[Reply]
Rain Man 06:34 PM 05-31-2023
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
Slab City.

Since i have unlimited funds, i would become the King of Slab City and have my own nomadic cult following to do my bidding.
You'll make more money that way, but it's more fun as a follower.

(That was for bearcat.)
[Reply]
Bearcat 06:50 PM 05-31-2023
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
You'll make more money that way, but it's more fun as a follower.

(That was for bearcat.)
The Office Yes GIFfrom The Office GIFs

[Reply]
Gary Cooper 07:13 PM 05-31-2023
Sounds like the Mamas and the Papas are posting in this thread.

"I'd be safe and warm if I was in LA"
[Reply]
GloucesterChief 07:59 PM 05-31-2023
Sardinia.

[Reply]
scho63 08:16 PM 05-31-2023
Jamaica- highest murder rate in the World
South Africa is 3rd, Mexico is 4th and Belize is 6th.

El Salvador is really #1 but they stopped reporting their statistics since it was off the charts bad. Like 80% WORSE than Jamaica.
[Reply]
Eureka 08:35 PM 05-31-2023
This map of Mediterranean climate might help if you want the best year round weather for humans. I live in the Bay Area in Cali and the weather is usually perfect year round. Any of the other places on this map would be nice as well. Greece sounds great and The golden coast of Australia would be interesting as they already speak English.

[Reply]
el borracho 08:35 PM 05-31-2023
Originally Posted by scho63:
Jamaica- highest murder rate in the World
South Africa is 3rd, Mexico is 4th and Belize is 6th.

El Salvador is really #1 but they stopped reporting their statistics since it was off the charts bad. Like 80% WORSE than Jamaica.
Heh. I have lived and worked in two of those countries and I've visited three of the five.

I can't confirm how dangerous it is (or isn't) but I can definitely confirm that Jamaica is a terrible place. I lived and worked there in the 90s and you couldn't pay me to go back.

And I have been all over Mexico (used to work there, as well) and never felt in danger but I suppose I can blend in better than your average American.

Belize City is dangerous but there is no reason for a tourist to spend any time there. Fly in, fly out- that's it. All of the tourist attractions are well outside the city.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:43 PM 05-31-2023
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Malta

It's pretty much perfect.

I'd be content pretty much anywhere on the Mediterranean, but Malta is my 1a.
I’ve dealt with a Malta staffed help desk. Most are Dumb as rocks.
[Reply]
Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan 09:36 PM 05-31-2023
Originally Posted by Kiimosabi:
Big Sur is beautiful but too off the beaten path for me. Carmel by the Sea or Monterey is just gorgeous but money money money.

Everyone should go to that area once and see Pebble Beach
I was stationed in Monterey twice (2.5 years total). Absolutely loved Monterey, Pacific Grove, and Carmel. Again, if money was no object, that would be the place I’d love to retire.

However …
[Reply]
Eureka 09:41 PM 05-31-2023
Originally Posted by Kiimosabi:
Big Sur is beautiful but too off the beaten path for me. Carmel by the Sea or Monterey is just gorgeous but money money money.

Everyone should go to that area once and see Pebble Beach
Originally Posted by Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan:
I was stationed in Monterey twice (2.5 years total). Absolutely loved Monterey, Pacific Grove, and Carmel. Again, if money was no object, that would be the place I’d love to retire.

However …
Both mention Mediterranean type weather year round locations. My Grandfather lives in Pismo Beach and I enjoy the visits there. Would def enjoy living in that area.
[Reply]
Indian Chief 10:01 PM 05-31-2023
In the U.S., Charleston. Internationally, the Azores.
[Reply]
DenverChief 10:09 PM 05-31-2023
Fiji

New Zealand

Reunion
[Reply]
Page 7 of 10
« First < 34567 8910 >
Up