ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 10
< 12345 6789 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Money no object, where else in the World would you live?
scho63 07:31 AM 05-31-2023
Take away your current location and say you decide you are going to move to the place of your dreams.

Where in the World is it?
US?
An island?
An exotic land?
Europe?
South America?
Asia?

Describe the perfect place, size of your house and what you are going to do. You have 10 years at a minimum in this location.

For me it would be one of three places:

1. Greece-never been there but dream of living an island hopping lifestyle. A small house of 800-1000 sq ft. 2 bed/2 bath and a nice outdoor area with a small plunge pool.

2. Italy-been there twice and love the location to travel all over Europe. The laid back life and food would turn me into a fat guy again but all the walking cities would help. Plus all the history. Again same size house

3. Vietnam-I would buy a nice 2Bd/2Ba condo on the beach in Nha Trang and travel all over Asia. Thailand, the Philippines, Bali, Indonesia and more. Love Vienamese food and happy endings.

So where are you headed? :-)
[Reply]
Gary Cooper 02:43 PM 05-31-2023
Did anyone mention Placencia, Belize?
[Reply]
LoneWolf 02:53 PM 05-31-2023
Originally Posted by jjchieffan:
Money no object? Definitely gotta go with Hawaii. Preferably with enough land that the house could be secluded. The house doesn't have to be anything fancy. Just a modest home that meets my needs.
Have you studied the entire Hawaiian island chain and how it was formed and looked at the islands that are underneath the water due to long-term erosion? How does that fit into your 6,000 year narrative?
[Reply]
LoneWolf 02:54 PM 05-31-2023
Originally Posted by Gary Cooper:
It seems like a sausage fest with an entire country full of lonely men walking around pretending they have girlfriends. No thanks.
[Reply]
Rain Man 02:59 PM 05-31-2023
Originally Posted by el borracho:
My retirement plans are definitely outside the US. I grew up near the water and I plan to return to live by the water again someday.

Some places high on my list:
Marbella, Spain
Menorca, Spain
Mallorca, Spain
Cadiz, Spain

If not Spain, then some beach town (ON THE PACIFIC SIDE) in Central or South America. And if not Central or South America, then Italy or Greece.

I lived in SE Asia previously and would NOT do that again (too difficult to navigate and the food and traffic are not to my liking). And I lived in the Caribbean previously and I would NOT do that again, either (don't really relate to the people).
Spain was really nice on my first visit there. I really liked Malaga as well as Cadiz.

My only concern was the uniformity of the food. I was there for a couple of weeks and it seemed like every place I went had the same style of food. I never thought I'd get tired of pastries, but I did. But that's a minor quibble and probably just because I was usually in tourist areas.
[Reply]
BWillie 03:08 PM 05-31-2023
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
Yuck.

Weather is great in L.A. but fuck all that traffic. Chicago,ok, but fuck that winter. Vegas is gross. Fuck Florida. Houston I would consider a punishment.
Oh I don't care about the city itself. Those are the only places that have consistent 5/10+ No Limit Hold Em Monday thru Friday during the daytime.
[Reply]
bdj23 03:15 PM 05-31-2023
Perast Montenegro

[Reply]
Megatron96 03:17 PM 05-31-2023
Originally Posted by Gary Cooper:
I was a little surprised that it took this long to get a Belize.:-)

I forgot New Zealand.
[Reply]
Mecca 03:19 PM 05-31-2023
Iceland, it's awesome there.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 03:22 PM 05-31-2023
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
With money no object, I'd have a place in Hawaii, probably Big Island. Maybe Oahu just to be closer to convenience stuff if wanted/needed.

Mrs. Idaho and I went last year, and I fell in love with it.

Our home would come equipped with a boat for tooling from island to island as needed.
I was taking some pics today of the banner going to our Germany chapter for the game. You notice my dock in the background is empty.

Got rid of the pontoon a couple of years ago. It’s a 10K lb boat dock. So I could put a big boat on there but just lost the thrill of boating. Just became more of a hassle than it’s worth.
Attached: IMG_7381.jpg (144.0 KB) 
[Reply]
Hydrae 03:30 PM 05-31-2023
Originally Posted by Kellerfox:
Torn between two:

1. St Johns, USVI - arguably the best beaches in the world, great food, great hiking, still in the US (politically/economically/language/etc.), And close enough to get "home" (stateside) in just a few hours. Id live in a large, secured beachfront estate with at least 2,400 square feet.

2. Lucerne, Switzerland - VIEWS VIEWS VIEWS. Enough said. Id live in a large flat inside the city with water and mountain views.
I have done very little travel outside the US but absolutely loved Lucerne!

But we are already planning to get some property on the Oregon coast and start a homestead as our retirement. Money not being an issue would make this so much easier to pull off!
[Reply]
Bearcat 03:32 PM 05-31-2023
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Agreed.

I wouldn't live in LA if you paid me. And I was offered substantial raises twice and didn't think about it for more than a few seconds either time. The traffic is the worst; a 2.5 hour drive to work just 36 miles away. One way. And it never got better, regardless of time of day or day of the week. i remember one time having to drive into LA on a Sunday morning around 4am. It was still bumper to bumper parking lots most of the way in, and took 2.5 hours.

And that's just the tip of the iceberg; so many things about LA to hate I can't list them all here.

Houston is kind of a shithole. I might be able to manage in FL just because of the fishing. They got some giant-ass bones in MIA right off the beach.
Florida traffic is awful.
[Reply]
Megatron96 03:33 PM 05-31-2023
Originally Posted by Hydrae:
I have done very little travel outside the US but absolutely loved Lucerne!

But we are already planning to get some property on the Oregon coast and start a homestead as our retirement. Money not being an issue would make this so much easier to pull off!

You talking about off-the-grid, DIY, wiping your butt with seashells homesteading?
[Reply]
mr. tegu 03:35 PM 05-31-2023
My main house would probably just be a few blocks south of me on a bigger plot of land with a brand new custom house and everything I could want.

But for vacation homes I’m definitely getting a place in Turks and Caicos, Italy, and somewhere in the Rockies or perhaps in Alaska.
[Reply]
Mecca 03:36 PM 05-31-2023
Originally Posted by mr. tegu:
My main house would probably just be a few blocks south of me on a bigger plot of land with a brand new custom house and everything I could want.

But for vacation homes I’m definitely getting a place in Turks and Caicos, Italy, and somewhere in the Rockies or perhaps in Alaska.
The island of Roatan which is part of Honduras is incredibly nice.
[Reply]
Bearcat 03:37 PM 05-31-2023
If I was completely tied down to a location, I might choose somewhere between LA and San Diego.

Looks like it's 'buy a house and then you can travel', in which case I wouldn't really care, as I'd spend most of my time private jetting around the world.
[Reply]
Page 5 of 10
< 12345 6789 > Last »
Up