ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 6 of 7
« First < 23456 7 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Tyler Boyd: Cincy Bengals are Whiny Deluded Bitches & I'm one of them
saphojunkie 01:37 PM 05-30-2023
https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...chiefs-healthy

CINCINNATI -- Cincinnati Bengals wide receiver Tyler Boyd believes he was the missing factor that kept the team from making back-to-back Super Bowl appearances.

In his first day of offseason workouts, the veteran wide receiver met with reporters for the first time since the AFC championship loss to Kansas City, where he suffered a deep thigh bruise early in the second quarter of the 23-20 loss. Boyd said he would have finished the game if he was at least 80% healthy.

He said what bothered him the most was the feeling that he let the team down.

"Still to this day, I feel like if I would have played the whole game, I was the key factor," Boyd said. "We would've won the game."

At the time of the injury, Boyd had two catches for 40 yards. He appeared to suffer the injury following a 24-yard completion. At the end of a big gain, Boyd's left leg was caught beneath Kansas City safety Justin Reid as Reid made the tackle. When Boyd stood up following the play, he immediately favored his left leg.

Article continues but is pointless. He goes on to say that landing Orlando Brown Jr. was a victory for them in the rivalry with the Chiefs.

God, I hate the Bengals.
[Reply]
tredadda 12:40 PM 05-31-2023
Originally Posted by kcgreene:
Forgot to include, his foot speed is substantially better than OBJs in my opinion, and he should be substantially better against the speed rush.
Brown Jr was a good run blocker. He was also good at just being big. That probably was a reason why he was a good run blocker.
[Reply]
Skyy God 12:48 PM 05-31-2023
Originally Posted by T-post Tom:
Boyd, Hilton & Burrow drink Bud Light & shop at Target.
The T stands for triggered, right??
[Reply]
Wilson8 01:40 PM 05-31-2023
Hope Boyd keeps up the talk...until next time.

Originally Posted by :
Boyd said that the Bengals, who have faced the Chiefs in the last two AFC Championship Games, especially love taking a great player from a big rival.

“I loved it,” Boyd said, via Joe Danneman of Fox 19. “You know, we have a nice little rivalry with the Chiefs and to see him come over, you know, it’s like, yeah, we one-upped y’all. But at the end of the day, he’s a great player. No matter where he’d have went, he’s probably one of the best at his position. To add him to what we had already, it’s going to allow Joe to more time and allow us to put up more points.”

[Reply]
PHOG 01:48 PM 05-31-2023
Originally Posted by Wilson8:
Hope Boyd keeps up the talk...until next time.

“You know, we have a nice little rivalry with the Chiefs and to see him come over, you know, it’s like, yeah, we one-upped y’all."

Yep, shitty LT's they sure did. We'll take the Lombardi's.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:46 PM 05-31-2023
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
There is no scenario where Smith was better than Brown past year
I will repeat that I think the Chiefs OTs got barbecued, often unfairly, by the person who was 'grading' the pressures.

The pressures just don't check out. They don't align with anything else that team did. The sack rate, the pass block win rates - none of them make sense if you also conclude that the Chiefs were abysmal at giving up pressures from OT.

But if you think those pressure figures were inflated by maybe 1/3, suddenly everything else lines out pretty sensibly, right down to Brown being better than Smith last season (when he undeniably was better than a hobbled Smith).

I just don't put much stock in the pressure numbers. They're too subjective and I've seen PFF graders get hard-ons for guys too many times in the past to believe that it couldn't have happened here.

I noticed it back in 2012/2013 when PFF wrote a pre-season article about how great Rob Ninkovich was. Then low and behold, the 2012 season happens and what do you know, Rob Ninkovich was a monster by PFF's grading! Meanwhile Chandler Jones goes out there and gets 13 sacks and is considered barely a fringe average pass rusher according to PFF.

These 'graders' are simply not above confirmation bias. And it shows time and time again. I absolutely think that's what happened with the pressures surrendered by Brown and Wylie. You just can't have the kind of pass rush win rates they had and still have the poor pressure rates they had.
[Reply]
jjchieffan 04:22 PM 05-31-2023
I can't wait until they let Boyd and Higgins walk. See how they are without the top wide receiver group in the league. Higgins is in a contract year and they didn't trade him. They will extend Burrow this year and Chase next. Leaving them to choose between franchise tagging Higgins for one year to lose him or trade him or sign him to a cap crippling contract. They can't give him and Chase WR1 money. But someone will. It's also a contract year for Boyd. No doubt, this will be last season that Burrow has all 3. Then we'll see if he's as good as the Bungholes fans think he is.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 04:47 PM 05-31-2023
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
I will repeat that I think the Chiefs OTs got barbecued, often unfairly, by the person who was 'grading' the pressures.

The pressures just don't check out. They don't align with anything else that team did. The sack rate, the pass block win rates - none of them make sense if you also conclude that the Chiefs were abysmal at giving up pressures from OT.

But if you think those pressure figures were inflated by maybe 1/3, suddenly everything else lines out pretty sensibly, right down to Brown being better than Smith last season (when he undeniably was better than a hobbled Smith).

I just don't put much stock in the pressure numbers. They're too subjective and I've seen PFF graders get hard-ons for guys too many times in the past to believe that it couldn't have happened here.

I noticed it back in 2012/2013 when PFF wrote a pre-season article about how great Rob Ninkovich was. Then low and behold, the 2012 season happens and what do you know, Rob Ninkovich was a monster by PFF's grading! Meanwhile Chandler Jones goes out there and gets 13 sacks and is considered barely a fringe average pass rusher according to PFF.

These 'graders' are simply not above confirmation bias. And it shows time and time again. I absolutely think that's what happened with the pressures surrendered by Brown and Wylie. You just can't have the kind of pass rush win rates they had and still have the poor pressure rates they had.
Yeah I treat PFF like Nick Athan at this point. Speaking of bias notice PFF usually gets brought up when someone is trying to make an argument for their case.

As for Smith im not as bullish on him as some. He had 2 good seasons that was with a solid guard next to him and Brady's quick release. I'm still not convinced Taylor isnt the starting LT at some point but we will see. As I stated in "Andy Reids first game coaching the Chiefs" he's done alot with alot less so im not worried about the tackle position
[Reply]
tredadda 07:28 PM 05-31-2023
Yeah I treat PFF like Nick Athan at this point. Speaking of bias notice PFF usually gets brought up when someone is trying to make an argument for their case.

As for Smith im not as bullish on him as some. He had 2 good seasons that was with a solid guard next to him and Brady's quick release. I'm still not convinced Taylor isnt the starting LT at some point but we will see. As I stated in "Andy Reids first game coaching the Chiefs" he's done alot with alot less so im not worried about the tackle position
But he has that here as well. Last year he was injured and it affected his play. I don't think anyone on here thinks we are getting prime Wille Roaf, but we also aren't getting Jordan Black or Cam Erving either. He will fall in between. If there was any team and coach I have confidence in getting something out of him it is this team and HC.

He was good the year before and is not at an age where his talent should fall off that quickly. I think Brown Jr is about maxed out. So what we get for what we paid for Smith is far better than what we would have gotten for out of Brown Jr for what he was asking.
[Reply]
Megatron96 07:40 PM 05-31-2023
Originally Posted by tredadda:
But he has that here as well. Last year he was injured and it affected his play. I don't think anyone on here thinks we are getting prime Wille Roaf, but we also aren't getting Jordan Black or Cam Erving either. He will fall in between. If there was any team and coach I have confidence in getting something out of him it is this team and HC.

He was good the year before and is not at an age where his talent should fall off that quickly. I think Brown Jr is about maxed out. So what we get for what we paid for Smith is far better than what we would have gotten for out of Brown Jr for what he was asking.

He'll be fine.

Andy Reid and Andy Heck figured out how to make Wylie a passable RT. I'm going to go way out on a limb here and say that Smith and Taylor both start out with more talent/ability than Wylie. That being the case, they should be just fine by Week 7-8. By Week 14 they'll be in playoff form, and that'll be that.
[Reply]
tredadda 08:25 PM 05-31-2023
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
He'll be fine.

Andy Reid and Andy Heck figured out how to make Wylie a passable RT. I'm going to go way out on a limb here and say that Smith and Taylor both start out with more talent/ability than Wylie. That being the case, they should be just fine by Week 7-8. By Week 14 they'll be in playoff form, and that'll be that.
I think he will be fine also. Smith doesn’t need to be elite. If he’s as good as Brown Jr then it’s a big win for KC.
[Reply]
kcgreene 08:10 AM 06-01-2023
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:

I avoid PFF's grades personally, HOWEVER, their advanced statistics do hold water (Often sharing similarly with NFL Next Gen Stats). As in this case, their confirmation bias (if any in this case) would be favoring Orlando when looking at the metrics (His grade is higher with worse advanced statistics), so in this case we can't really claim confirmation bias when looking at the statistics, as Brown has the higher grade in 2022.

I would argue it often seems like there is less pressure on Mahomes than there actually is with the eye test because rolling out and avoiding pressure is simply so natural to him in comparison to the rest of the league, but it is pressure nonetheless. (Also, hence his historically low sack to pressure ratio). This makes it seem like Orlando was doing a better job than he actually was (in my opinion, and the same could be argued with Wylie)

Also, if we go with just simply the eye test, in 2021 when healthy, sorry for the apparent hot take, but Smith was the superior pass blocker for an offense like ours. A better pass blocker than Orlando.

I'm not saying that PFF grades are good, I think they're crap honestly, but their advanced stats all have definitions, so they don't just go making up crap for no reason. You're arguing something that I'm not.
[Reply]
kcgreene 08:12 AM 06-01-2023
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
He'll be fine.

This is honestly how I'm approaching it. I think Smith, if healthy is a better pass blocker, and if anyone can make sure that he hasn't fallen off at 29 after an injury, it's Reid and Heck.
[Reply]
Mecca 08:13 AM 06-01-2023
Originally Posted by jjchieffan:
I can't wait until they let Boyd and Higgins walk. See how they are without the top wide receiver group in the league. Higgins is in a contract year and they didn't trade him. They will extend Burrow this year and Chase next. Leaving them to choose between franchise tagging Higgins for one year to lose him or trade him or sign him to a cap crippling contract. They can't give him and Chase WR1 money. But someone will. It's also a contract year for Boyd. No doubt, this will be last season that Burrow has all 3. Then we'll see if he's as good as the Bungholes fans think he is.
They are going on and on and on that they are keeping Tee Higgins.
[Reply]
tredadda 09:28 AM 06-01-2023
Originally Posted by Mecca:
They are going on and on and on that they are keeping Tee Higgins.
Definitely possible for them to keep him. It will depend partly on the Burrow contract and how easy it is to move around money over the next few years.
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 09:55 AM 06-01-2023

As for Smith im not as bullish on him as some. He had 2 good seasons that was with a solid guard next to him and Brady's quick release.I'm still not convinced Taylor isnt the starting LT at some point but we will see. As I stated in "Andy Reids first game coaching the Chiefs" he's done alot with alot less so im not worried about the tackle position
Funny you should point that out.

He’s coming to a team with Joe Thuney that will be next to him and Patrick Mahomes as his QB. He’ll be fine. (as long as he’s healthy)

Trust in Andy.
[Reply]
Page 6 of 7
« First < 23456 7 >
Up