ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 7 of 324
« First < 34567 8910111757107 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Cardinals Release WR DeAndre Hopkins [Titans, 2yr/$26 million]
Dante84 11:03 AM 05-26-2023
Interesting

Cardinals released DeAndre Hopkins. pic.twitter.com/c0f9UaabYA

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) May 26, 2023

[Reply]
Mecca 11:27 AM 05-26-2023
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Not even worried about Kincaid in year 1.

TEs rarely hit the ground running as rookies, and he's behind Knox on the depth chart.
They basically said he's not a TE, they are going to use him as a "big slot" and he's not going to lineup as a traditional TE much at all.
[Reply]
ModSocks 11:27 AM 05-26-2023
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:

So it's about the best opportunity for a premier platform season, no? Well he just saw what an inferior version of him would do in this offense with JJSS. That's a pretty good baseline for him to work from, no?

If he's looking to maximize his $$$ over the next 12 months, I agree - he's going somewhere else. If he's looking to max it out over the next 36 months? I think there's a pretty good argument to come to KC for the 2023 season.
You'd think so but.....i think these players see lesser teams and lesser QB's such as the Ravens as just as good of a chance to do the same when the paycheck is bigger.

Write a bigger paycheck and Hopkins will convince himself that he has every bit the same shot to do that with Lamar as he does with Mahomes.
[Reply]
Womble 11:27 AM 05-26-2023
We signed this piece of shit yet?
[Reply]
RunKC 11:28 AM 05-26-2023
Well this is a good point. If he wants to go somewhere where he will get a lot of exposure and be the undeniable #1 WR it’s with us. Could really cash in next Spring in that scenario.

Totally speculative — but a short-term deal with the Chiefs would make so much sense to me. The fact Hopkins is available via free agency shows you his value needs to be improved. Nowhere better to do it right now than KC. Win-win. https://t.co/l4QzxFOjuj

— Jeff Darlington (@JeffDarlington) May 26, 2023

[Reply]
staylor26 11:28 AM 05-26-2023
Originally Posted by Mecca:
They basically said he's not a TE, they are going to use him as a "big slot" and he's not going to lineup as a traditional TE much at all.
Kind of irrelevant to the first point though.
[Reply]
Mecca 11:28 AM 05-26-2023
Personally I'd like to sign him because then we get to watch every other fan base go "ah fuckin shit" which amuses me.
[Reply]
FlaChief58 11:28 AM 05-26-2023
Lamar Jackson is never going to win a SB, there we go.
Yep, hard to win championships when you can't stay healthy
[Reply]
kcgreene 11:28 AM 05-26-2023
Originally Posted by ForeverIowan:
Considering if we dont get him he goes to a huge competitor: Bills, Chargers, Ravens and to a lesser extent Eagles. You have to make a strong play for him. Not only do you get a future HOF receiver but you keep him AWAY from a major competitor.
This. Not to mention, if we can land him, the gap between us and everyone else just gets that much wider.
[Reply]
Mecca 11:29 AM 05-26-2023
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Kind of irrelevant to the first point though.
I was mainly responding to the he's behind Knox comment.
[Reply]
ModSocks 11:29 AM 05-26-2023
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Well this is a good point. If he wants to go somewhere where he will get a lot of exposure and be the undeniable #1 WR it’s with us. Could really cash in next Spring in that scenario.

Yeah, i think this is as obvious as it could be but....alas, money talks and changes perspectives.
[Reply]
TLO 11:30 AM 05-26-2023
1500 posts to bring him to KC.

LET'S GOOOOOOOOO
[Reply]
Dunerdr 11:30 AM 05-26-2023
Even at their age, Kelce and Dhop together.. sheesh.
[Reply]
FlaChief58 11:30 AM 05-26-2023
Originally Posted by George Brett Statue:
1500 posts to bring him to KC.

LET'S GOOOOOOOOO
In!
[Reply]
LagunaSWana 11:31 AM 05-26-2023
Originally Posted by ForeverIowan:
Considering if we dont get him he goes to a huge competitor: Bills, Chargers, Ravens and to a lesser extent Eagles. You have to make a strong play for him. Not only do you get a future HOF receiver but you keep him AWAY from a major competitor.
I agree, but every other team is thinking the same way. Hopkins to the Chiefs may be their worst nightmare, so one of those teams will pull out all the stops to prevent it from happening.
[Reply]
RunKC 11:31 AM 05-26-2023
They drafted him to be their version of Travis Kelce. We’ll see if that he can be that type of weapon…
[Reply]
Page 7 of 324
« First < 34567 8910111757107 > Last »
Up