ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 9 of 25
« First < 56789 1011121319 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Fuck!!!!!!!!! I just lost my job
Titty Meat 01:46 PM 03-24-2023
I just got blindsided folks. Manager and some HR lady pull me into a chat room and inform me they are letting me going due to company restructuring :-) I didn't see this coming at all I'm devastated and don't know what the fuck to do.
[Reply]
fan4ever 06:16 PM 03-24-2023
Had a relative recently who lost his well paying job. Said "I'll just take it easy for a while and collect unemployment". He was shocked when I told him unemployment was far short of what he was earning. I wonder how many people in this thread are under the same misconception.
[Reply]
Pablo 06:17 PM 03-24-2023
Originally Posted by fan4ever:
Had a relative recently who lost his well paying job. Said "I'll just take it easy for a while and collect unemployment". He was shocked when I told him unemployment was far short of what he was earning. I wonder how many people in this thread are under the same misconception.
Unemployment in MO is like $300 a week. It's $500 or so in KS.

Hardly enough to keep you afloat if you live a normal life, but better than getting fucking nothing when you're looking for a new job.
[Reply]
Peter Gibbons 06:17 PM 03-24-2023
Originally Posted by Pablo:
Their only reason for existing is to protect the company in events like suing for being gay at work.

Just a worthless "profession" all around.
Broad adoption of Workday by large corporations is the beginning of the end for a large percentage od HR “professionals”. The canary is dead but most of the mineshaft workers have failed to notice it.
[Reply]
|Zach| 06:18 PM 03-24-2023
Good luck on the next thing man.
[Reply]
Pablo 06:21 PM 03-24-2023
Originally Posted by Peter Gibbons:
Broad adoption of Workday by large corporations is the beginning of the end for a large percentage od HR “professionals”. The canary is dead but most of the mineshaft workers have failed to notice it.
Good riddance you fucking leeches.

Can never get help when you actually need it from those losers on anything.
[Reply]
bdj23 06:22 PM 03-24-2023
Good
[Reply]
htismaqe 06:25 PM 03-24-2023
Originally Posted by RunKC:
I guess I’m more of a people person bc that job sounds terrible to me. Sounds like a ton of excel reports
That's what my job is right now - a bunch of spreadsheets.

But I also spent my first 14 years here using primarily Visio, so this is a nice change.
[Reply]
Pablo 06:29 PM 03-24-2023
What other options do those fucks have? Yeah, I was good at tracking PTO time!!! Really nailed it clicking start on our canned new hire video.
[Reply]
Katipan 06:30 PM 03-24-2023
Time to be a Budtender.
[Reply]
Pablo 06:31 PM 03-24-2023
Originally Posted by Katipan:
Time to be a Budtender.
You got bartending experience don't you Bill??

This is a good suggestion
[Reply]
|Zach| 06:32 PM 03-24-2023
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
That's what my job is right now - a bunch of spreadsheets.

But I also spent my first 14 years here using primarily Visio, so this is a nice change.
It is interesting seeing the type of work people are good at and people enjoy doing and how vastly different things make different people happy or miserable.
[Reply]
htismaqe 06:33 PM 03-24-2023
Add me and most of my former co-workers to the list of people that still have old work computers laying around. You'd be surprised how many "name" tech companies aren't more persistent in getting their stuff back.

Shit, one of my buddies has 2 Apple monitors that they never asked for him to send back. They're worth like like $2500 apiece.
[Reply]
htismaqe 06:35 PM 03-24-2023
Originally Posted by |Zach|:
It is interesting seeing the type of work people are good at and people enjoy doing and how vastly different things make different people happy or miserable.
Yeah, it really is.

With me, it doesn't even stay consistent. I'm fortunate enough to have found a company that has a lot of places for me to go, because I usually get the itch to change jobs about every 3.5 years. Before this place, I had 2 jobs in 6 years. After coming over here, I've been changing roles about every 4.
[Reply]
|Zach| 06:41 PM 03-24-2023
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Yeah, it really is.

With me, it doesn't even stay consistent. I'm fortunate enough to have found a company that has a lot of places for me to go, because I usually get the itch to change jobs about every 3.5 years. Before this place, I had 2 jobs in 6 years. After coming over here, I've been changing roles about every 4.
I settled in to being really happy by doing something that is hard work but I can't put it off at all. :-) Instead of fighting procrastination I just embraced it as a weakness and got a job where when something happens it literally can't be put off and you handle it now. Long consecutive hours working but boosted by long consecutive stretches of time off. It is different every day. Just felt right once stopped trying to jam a square peg into a round hole style of work and style of productivity wise.
[Reply]
Jewish Rabbi 06:45 PM 03-24-2023
Originally Posted by |Zach|:
I settled in to being really happy by doing something that is hard work but I can't put it off at all. :-) Instead of fighting procrastination I just embraced it as a weakness and got a job where when something happens it literally can't be put off and you handle it now. Long consecutive hours working but boosted by long consecutive stretches of time off. It is different every day. Just felt right once stopped trying to jam a square peg into a round hole style of work and style of productivity wise.
Yeah people get pissed when their barista doesn’t make their coffee right away
[Reply]
Page 9 of 25
« First < 56789 1011121319 > Last »
Up