ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 25
< 1234 567814 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Fuck!!!!!!!!! I just lost my job
Titty Meat 01:46 PM 03-24-2023
I just got blindsided folks. Manager and some HR lady pull me into a chat room and inform me they are letting me going due to company restructuring :-) I didn't see this coming at all I'm devastated and don't know what the fuck to do.
[Reply]
HemiEd 02:35 PM 03-24-2023
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
1. Stop freaking out. You weren't gonna have that job forever.

2. Go apply for unemployment right now. Easy to get, and that is your money. Take it.

3. Use that money to support yourself while you search for another job.

4. You will find another job. You have plenty of work experience, and everyone is hiring right now. Get on any of the job sites and start searching.

Now get off CP and do what I said. You're wasting time on here.
Wisdom from Clay
[Reply]
ptlyon 02:35 PM 03-24-2023
I don't think you tryin to find no job. I seen you today you was standin' on a corner leaning up against a post

But I'm tired. I been walkin all day
[Reply]
ModSocks 02:38 PM 03-24-2023
Gotta love how places always seem to fire on a Friday.

They fuck up your weekend and then don't have to deal with your ass because they wont see you for the next two days at least.
[Reply]
JPH83 02:44 PM 03-24-2023
Originally Posted by Detoxing:

They **** up your weekend and then don't have to deal with your ass because they wont see you for the next two days at least.
Think it's actually meant to be "best practice" because people then have a support network of family and friends to lean on immediately, or some b***ocks. But I agree, just put the bolt in my head on a Monday.

As for the OP, sorry to hear man, sucks, especially if you liked the job. But as others have said sounds like you have skills and experience, you'll be grand. Good luck.
[Reply]
raybec 4 02:46 PM 03-24-2023
Originally Posted by ptlyon:
I don't think you tryin to find no job. I seen you today you was standin' on a corner leaning up against a post

But I'm tired. I been walkin all day
Everybody funny, now you funny too.
[Reply]
RunKC 02:47 PM 03-24-2023

They **** up your weekend and then don't have to deal with your ass because they wont see you for the next two days at least.
Well they apparently fired him over IM? That’s really shitty
[Reply]
Megatron96 02:49 PM 03-24-2023

They fuck up your weekend and then don't have to deal with your ass because they wont see you for the next two days at least.
Pretty much the standardized approach for at least 20-odd years now. I think anyway. I remember when I was hired as RD-Marketing for Tru-Green and they just changed their policy about when to fire employees. Basically the memo stated that from that point on, it was going to happen on a Friday. Something about giving them a chance to go home and chill for the weekend, regroup and start applying for jobs on Monday. Supposedly less chance of them going postal.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 02:49 PM 03-24-2023
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Well they apparently fired him over IM? That’s really shitty
Oh shit. Didn't even catch that first time around. Fucking hell, that's disrespectful.
[Reply]
Marcellus 02:51 PM 03-24-2023
Probably should have spent less time being an asshat on CP.
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 02:52 PM 03-24-2023
Sucks man, I'm sorry.

At least it wasn't bc the found out you have a username called Titty Meat.

Shoot a msg to the hiring manager at the competing company and ask if he's looking.
[Reply]
threebag 02:53 PM 03-24-2023
Go detail at Cash Cars
[Reply]
Cosmos 02:53 PM 03-24-2023
Been part of reorgs over 5 decades…

Get your resume updated.

Reflect on your desires and skills.

Let EVERYBODY know you are looking.

File for benefits, now…even if you are getting a sepp package.

Take 2 weeks and get away, refresh.

Look into upgrading your skills.

Keep your head up…it’s them, not you.

Good luck bud.
[Reply]
displacedinMN 02:54 PM 03-24-2023

Our school would inform people that were not renewed on friday before spring break. Then they have to work for nine more weeks knowing they are out of a job in June.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
[Reply]
EPodolak 02:55 PM 03-24-2023
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Pretty much the standardized approach for at least 20-odd years now. I think anyway. I remember when I was hired as RD-Marketing for Tru-Green and they just changed their policy about when to fire employees. Basically the memo stated that from that point on, it was going to happen on a Friday. Something about giving them a chance to go home and chill for the weekend, regroup and start applying for jobs on Monday. Supposedly less chance of them going postal.
Probably the start of a new pay period also, for everyone staying.
[Reply]
KC Hawks 02:58 PM 03-24-2023
Chiefs are hiring at WR
[Reply]
Page 4 of 25
< 1234 567814 > Last »
Up