ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 24 of 25
« First < 142021222324 25 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Fuck!!!!!!!!! I just lost my job
Titty Meat 01:46 PM 03-24-2023
I just got blindsided folks. Manager and some HR lady pull me into a chat room and inform me they are letting me going due to company restructuring :-) I didn't see this coming at all I'm devastated and don't know what the fuck to do.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 12:51 PM 05-31-2023
Originally Posted by BryanBusby:
How do farmers network anyhow?

LinkedIn? Sutherland? FarmersMeet? Indeed....for corn?
Grindr
[Reply]
penguinz 12:55 PM 05-31-2023
Originally Posted by GloryDayz:
Got a friend dealing with that right now. His answer is going to be to find a new job. Like me, telework isn't negotiable, either I telework or I leave. Not that it's ever been seriously questioned, but every time the idea is voiced, they get the same answer from most of us IT folks. They know we'd be employed before they finish the letter saying we're all having to "office" again.
100% Unless you have an IT position that requires physical access to the equipment there is no reason to be onsite.
[Reply]
Bwana 02:22 PM 05-31-2023
Originally Posted by RunKC:
I just got a new job with a 13% bump in pay. Very nice!

Network guys. Network, network, network. My dad always told me that and today I realized why. Iím going to work for a solid competitor bc of a shared vendor we use that put a good word in for me.

Congrats! I'm in the same boat. I'm going to drop the two week notice hammer on my current employer tomorrow. :-)
[Reply]
BryanBusby 03:23 PM 05-31-2023
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
Grindr
That's where we network.

Originally Posted by Buehler445:
I'm pretty networked up here for operational stuff. But I'm not in any circles with landowners, I only have a few contacts in academia/research, and fuckall in legal and regulatory aspects.
Makes sense.
[Reply]
RunKC 03:30 PM 05-31-2023
Originally Posted by Rams Fan:
Congrats! That gives me some hope.

I've been looking since January (granted, focusing on a very specific region), have had 8 interviews (5 made it past the screen phase), and gotten rejected for everyone aside from one which was a decrease in salary at a higher cost of living area.

Going to continue applying until I find something that can get me the **** out of what I'm doing now.
Good luck man!

Hereís something odd: on an interview request, they wanted me to do a math/reasoning test. It was pretty much a mini ACT type questionnaire test that took 15 mins. If I failed I would not get interviewed.

I passed (barely) due to it being a lot of math I did in high school and ended up declining the interview anyway.

I canít believe companies do this shit.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 05:35 PM 05-31-2023
Originally Posted by penguinz:
100% Unless you have an IT position that requires physical access to the equipment there is no reason to be onsite.
Yep, offices suck, and you can't get much done with all the people who stop by to chat.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 05:36 PM 05-31-2023
Originally Posted by RunKC:
I just got a new job with a 13% bump in pay. Very nice!

Network guys. Network, network, network. My dad always told me that and today I realized why. Iím going to work for a solid competitor bc of a shared vendor we use that put a good word in for me.
OUTSTANDING!
[Reply]
Jewish Rabbi 06:11 PM 05-31-2023
Originally Posted by Bwana:
Congrats! I'm in the same boat. I'm going to drop the two week notice hammer on my current employer tomorrow. :-)
AustinChief is gonna be PISSED
[Reply]
BryanBusby 06:13 PM 05-31-2023
Originally Posted by penguinz:
100% Unless you have an IT position that requires physical access to the equipment there is no reason to be onsite.
I get at least two offers a week from crooters offering me a hybrid or onsite role.

lol lol and lmao
[Reply]
ReynardMuldrake 07:39 AM 06-01-2023
I got a new fully remote job back in February and I love it. It is just so much more convenient, I can't see myself ever going back.

My last employer pissed me off when I caught COVID in the workplace and they didn't even care. Now my workplace is in my house. They can suck it.
[Reply]
Rams Fan 08:37 AM 06-01-2023
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Good luck man!

Here’s something odd: on an interview request, they wanted me to do a math/reasoning test. It was pretty much a mini ACT type questionnaire test that took 15 mins. If I failed I would not get interviewed.

I passed (barely) due to it being a lot of math I did in high school and ended up declining the interview anyway.

I can’t believe companies do this shit.
I spent 40 hours on a case study that I didn't even get to present in the final round of interviews because I was rejected before then which involved coding, scripting, and a 500-1,000 word business proposal.

****ing livid as hell.
[Reply]
Reroka 10:19 AM 06-01-2023
If anyone needs some mone working from home try liveops.

it's legit and good for some spending money so you do not have to use your man income.
[Reply]
Buehler445 05:26 PM 06-01-2023
Originally Posted by Rams Fan:
I spent 40 hours on a case study that I didn't even get to present in the final round of interviews because I was rejected before then which involved coding, scripting, and a 500-1,000 word business proposal.

****ing livid as hell.
What jobs are you applying for?
[Reply]
Rams Fan 05:35 PM 06-01-2023
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
What jobs are you applying for?
Some variation of big data.

The case study for an interview was for one of the largest online sportsbooks in the U.S.

Got offered by a casino in Vegas last month but their pay was less than what I make now and basically a title demotion.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 06:15 PM 06-01-2023
Originally Posted by GloryDayz:
Got a friend dealing with that right now. His answer is going to be to find a new job. Like me, telework isn't negotiable, either I telework or I leave. Not that it's ever been seriously questioned, but every time the idea is voiced, they get the same answer from most of us IT folks. They know we'd be employed before they finish the letter saying we're all having to "office" again.
been work from home since 2015. No one who can get a job somewhere else in I.T. Is working in the office these days.

Originally Posted by BryanBusby:
I get at least two offers a week from crooters offering me a hybrid or onsite role.

lol lol and lmao
no shit. I laugh and say good luck.

Originally Posted by Rams Fan:
I spent 40 hours on a case study that I didn't even get to present in the final round of interviews because I was rejected before then which involved coding, scripting, and a 500-1,000 word business proposal.

****ing livid as hell.
id told them **** that shit. They run me deep into the tech during the interview but never heard of a test or a written test. Too many techs brain dump the certs. But, you can’t fake a live interview with someone who knows that area of tech backwards and forward.
[Reply]
Page 24 of 25
« First < 142021222324 25 >
Up