ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 9 of 26
« First < 56789 1011121319 > Last »
Media Center>Building a new PC
TambaBerry 06:12 PM 02-28-2023
Have a 3090 currently but am severely bottlenecked. Looking to get the best possible PC that I can build through microcenter in Kansas City. Looking for high end so like 13900k and ddr5 ram.
[Reply]
htismaqe 07:00 AM 03-30-2023
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
Tell me what the fuck I'm supposed to do when I need a 20 GB ramdisk on your stupid machine then. :-).

No, it wouldn't work better. BECAUSE I LITERALLY CAN'T DO THAT. And that's just a BASIC FUCKING REQUIREMENT.

We're not even getting to the fucking video card.

Shut your stupid fucking mouth.
You won't NEED 20GB of Ramdisk. You've obviously never used Linux/OpenBSD before.
[Reply]
jd1020 07:12 AM 03-30-2023
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
It's all about means my friend.

I've built probably 1000 PC's. I have the money now to pay somebody else to do it.

Why would I spend what precious little free time I have putting together a PC when I could spend that time USING a PC that's already put together?
Even with the means I would still rather do it myself. I've seen way to many prebuilts that were clearly built by someone lazy as hell who didn't give a shit about making sure plugs/components were properly seated, motherboards had all the standoffs installed, or wiring up audio/front IO ports correctly. The people who build these things for companies are hardly experts. I don't know if the Verge still has their guide up for how to build a PC but it was damn near a fucking meme.
[Reply]
htismaqe 07:17 AM 03-30-2023
Originally Posted by jd1020:
Even with the means I would still rather do it myself. I've seen way to many prebuilts that were clearly built by someone lazy as hell who didn't give a shit about making sure plugs/components were properly seated, motherboards had all the standoffs installed, or wiring up audio/front IO ports correctly. The people who build these things for companies are hardly experts. I don't know if Newegg still has their guide up for how to build a PC but it was damn near a fucking meme.
I get it. I'm not suggesting I'd actually have a PC built by Microcenter for $150. I'm just saying that there's elegance (and efficiency) in simplicity.

That's why I have Apple pre-build all of my machines. :-)
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 07:55 AM 03-30-2023
You won't NEED 20GB of Ramdisk. You've obviously never used Linux/OpenBSD before.
lmao you're crazy...ramdisk is still the fastest storage available...if i'm editing it's the perfect place to store large video files, especially if they're 4K

besides that, the mac OS is a total piece of shit. hard pass.

BY THE WAY, any piece of shit macs with a 3060 in them? enlighten me.
[Reply]
htismaqe 07:57 AM 03-30-2023
lmao you're crazy...ramdisk is still the fastest storage available

besides that, the mac OS is a total piece of shit. hard pass.
If by "piece of shit" you mean "it just works and never has to be rebooted and shit" then yeah, I agree. LOL
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 08:02 AM 03-30-2023
If by "piece of shit" you mean "it just works and never has to be rebooted and shit" then yeah, I agree. LOL
Let's go baby. Build me a Mac with 32 GB of RAM and an Nvidia 3060 GTX.

I want to buy TODAY. Link me up you big stud.

I also need 10 TB of hard drive space. Hit me bro!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This money burning a hole in my pocket.
[Reply]
htismaqe 08:06 AM 03-30-2023
Let's go baby. Build me a Mac with 32 GB of RAM and an Nvidia 3060 GTX.

I want to buy TODAY. Link me up you big stud.

I also need 10 TB of hard drive space. Hit me bro!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This money burning a hole in my pocket.
So you've predetermined what you need for hardware specs without first examining how a new machine will handle your workload? :-)
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 08:11 AM 03-30-2023
So you've predetermined what you need for hardware specs
Yes. Where's my machine? Ready to buy.
[Reply]
htismaqe 08:12 AM 03-30-2023
Yes. Where's my machine? Ready to buy.
I'm clowning you, bro. We all know you're not actually interested in buying a machine that better suits your needs. :-)
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 08:15 AM 03-30-2023
I'm clowning you, bro. We all know you're not actually interested in buying a machine that better suits your needs. :-)
Oh no. I'm told the historic performance of the M1 processors, in tandem with Mac's revolutionary operating system will absolutely send my Adobe Premiere performance into light speed.

I am now looking for my dream machine. I ask you to drop a link, or even a screenshot, to my dream machine. Ready to buy. Cash and cock in hand.
[Reply]
Fish 11:20 AM 03-30-2023
So you've predetermined what you need for hardware specs without first examining how a new machine will handle your workload? :-)
He doesn't understand computer architecture in the slightest. Like, who uses RAMdisk these days with NVME drives so cheap and ridiculously fast?
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 11:22 AM 03-30-2023
Originally Posted by Fish:
He doesn't understand computer architecture in the slightest. Like, who uses RAMdisk these days with NVME drives so cheap and ridiculously fast?
Nor do you, apparently. RAMdisk is still faster, and it's not even fucking close.

I'll ask you again, you fucking idiot. Stop trolling this thread with your stupid fucking mac bullshit.
[Reply]
ModSocks 02:41 PM 03-30-2023
I run adobe Premiere Pro on a rig i built in 2016. $1600 when i built it. Based on the office Dell Optiplex i bought yesterday, this PC is probably worth $200 in today's market.

I have no issues running Premiere and editing videos on this this '16 model PC. And it's nothing more than a Quad Core AMD FX 8320, 16Gb of ram and a GTX660. Old shit. Runs Premiere just fine with no noticeable issues. /shrug.
[Reply]
ModSocks 02:49 PM 03-30-2023
IDK man, maybe im just old and not privy to modern computing tech. But fuck, i have all these computers both at home and at work that most here would consider heavily out dated toasters and they run whatever i throw at them.

I use both Premiere and Photoshop here at work with dual 26" Samsung Monitors and multiple other programs running at once such as quickbooks, excel etc and the computer never flinches.

My wife, right now, is playing Hogwarts Legacy on Medium/High settings on a computer i built a decade ago that was a freakin' $500 build back THEN.

Idk man....all of this, "i need this" and "it's not enough for what i need" just seems like nerd jargon to me.
[Reply]
ModSocks 02:52 PM 03-30-2023
Seriously, i just bought off Amazon a refurb'd PC to run my counter register for $183. I7, 16GB of DDR4, 1TB SSD, 500 GB HDD....

It's really, really hard for me to justify spending $1500+ on a computer when this old tech shit will do everything i need it to do for $200.
[Reply]
Page 9 of 26
« First < 56789 1011121319 > Last »
Up