ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 6 of 26
« First < 23456 7891016 > Last »
Media Center>Building a new PC
TambaBerry 06:12 PM 02-28-2023
Have a 3090 currently but am severely bottlenecked. Looking to get the best possible PC that I can build through microcenter in Kansas City. Looking for high end so like 13900k and ddr5 ram.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 10:07 PM 03-28-2023
Originally Posted by Fish:
A Mac would still be better for your intended usage. Sorry, but it's true. Surprised you don't embrace the Apple ecosystem. Seems much more your MO...
You recommended a goddamn piece of shit with 8 GB RAM :-)

You're the biggest moron in this thread.
[Reply]
Fish 10:12 PM 03-28-2023
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
You recommended a goddamn piece of shit with 8 GB RAM :-)

You're the biggest moron in this thread.
You fail to understand the difference in how RAM works between Intel systems and ARM systems with unified memory. You don't actually know what hardware you really should focus on for what you actually do in putting together your youtube vids. Not to mention putting it together...
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 10:14 PM 03-28-2023
Dipshit, the goddamn ramdisk I use wouldn't even play in that build.

WOULD YOU SHUT THE FUCK UP?
[Reply]
Fish 10:17 PM 03-28-2023
Dipshit, the goddamn ramdisk I use wouldn't even play in that build.

WOULD YOU SHUT THE FUCK UP?
Be sure and leave a note to explain that to the Microcenter professional...
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 10:19 PM 03-28-2023
Be sure and leave a note to explain that to the Microcenter professional...
RAMDISK IS CREATED IN SOFTWARE YOU MORON

WANNA TELL ME WHERE I CAN FIT A 3060 IN YOUR LITTLE MAC POS?

FUCK OFF ALREADY
[Reply]
Fish 10:28 PM 03-28-2023
RAMDISK IS CREATED IN SOFTWARE YOU MORON

WANNA TELL ME WHERE I CAN FIT A 3060 IN YOUR LITTLE MAC POS?

FUCK OFF ALREADY
Ramdisk? That's your goal? :-) you initially wanted a DDR4 system over a DDR5. If Ramdisk is your goal, you just exposed yourself again as a complete moron. And I just looked, the DDR5 RAM you listed was 5600 speed. You don't know what hardware you even need for ramdisk.

LOL, that you also thought ramdisk applied to Apple unified RAM.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 10:29 PM 03-28-2023
I AM ONCE AGAIN ASKING YOU TO SHUT THE FUCK UP

[Reply]
Hammock Parties 10:32 PM 03-28-2023
Ramdisk? That's your goal? :-) you initially wanted a DDR4 system over a DDR5. If Ramdisk is your goal, you just exposed yourself again as a complete moron. And I just looked, the DDR5 RAM you listed was 5600 speed. You don't know what hardware you even need for ramdisk.

LOL, that you also thought ramdisk applied to Apple unified RAM.
This is the dumbest fucking post in this thread. I've been running a ramdisk on DDR3 for months. It's not my "goal." It's a basic fucking requirement.

It doesn't matter what fucking RAM I have in the computer, as long as I have more than eight fucking gigs, because just the goddamn project folders I use are typically bigger than that.

MORON.
[Reply]
Fish 10:59 PM 03-28-2023
This is the dumbest fucking post in this thread. I've been running a ramdisk on DDR3 for months. It's not my "goal." It's a basic fucking requirement.

It doesn't matter what fucking RAM I have in the computer, as long as I have more than eight fucking gigs, because just the goddamn project folders I use are typically bigger than that.

MORON.
It actually does matter what RAM you have. LOL DDR3? That means you're limited to 10-14GB/s transfer speed for your ramdisk at best. That's the max transfer rate for DDR3 across your bus. Guess what the transfer rate is for the M1 and it's unified memory? 200GB/s. Look it up, dipshit. Again, you have no grasp of how memory is used in either the Intel machine or new Apple silicon processors.

Anybody looking at having Microcenter build them a computer doesn't have a shit bit of clue of the difference in RAM between Intel 12th gen and Apple silicon. Just shut up. You are way out of your league here.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 11:02 PM 03-28-2023
It actually does matter what RAM you have. LOL DDR3? That means you're limited to 10-14GB/s transfer speed for your ramdisk at best. That's the max transfer rate for DDR3 across your bus. Guess what the transfer rate is for the M1 and it's unified memory? 200GB/s. Look it up, dipshit. Again, you have no grasp of how memory is used in either the Intel machine or new Apple silicon processors.
WHO CARES IF THE ENTIRE MACHINE ONLY HAS 8 GB!?! THIS ISN'T THE YEAR 2000. I CAN'T STORE SHIT ON THAT. WHO CARES HOW FAST IT'S GOING?

STOP POSTING YOUR FUCKING BULLSHIT IN THIS FUCKING THREAD
[Reply]
Fish 11:14 PM 03-28-2023
WHO CARES IF THE ENTIRE MACHINE ONLY HAS 8 GB!?! THIS ISN'T THE YEAR 2000. I CAN'T STORE SHIT ON THAT. WHO CARES HOW FAST IT'S GOING?

STOP POSTING YOUR FUCKING BULLSHIT IN THIS FUCKING THREAD
You can configure the Apple system with 32GB storage if you want. That doesn't change the fact that your deciding factor on a computer for ramdisk purposes is RAM speed and capacity when you don't understand how unified RAM works in ARM processors or how it compares to Intel based RAM. 8GB of RAM in an Apple silicon machine is not the equivalent of an Intel machine with 8GB of RAM. Regardless, I wasn't saying that an 8GB Apple system would compare to an i9 Intel system, only that it would actually work better for your specific purposes. Which is true. 8GB of unified memory would work just as well or better for making your videos as an overpriced 32GB of RAM Microcenter build.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 11:17 PM 03-28-2023
Tell me what the fuck I'm supposed to do when I need a 20 GB ramdisk on your stupid machine then. :-).

No, it wouldn't work better. BECAUSE I LITERALLY CAN'T DO THAT. And that's just a BASIC FUCKING REQUIREMENT.

We're not even getting to the fucking video card.

Shut your stupid fucking mouth.
[Reply]
Fish 11:27 PM 03-28-2023
Tell me what the fuck I'm supposed to do when I need a 20 GB ramdisk on your stupid machine then. :-).

No, it wouldn't work better. BECAUSE I LITERALLY CAN'T DO THAT. And that's just a BASIC FUCKING REQUIREMENT.

We're not even getting to the fucking video card.

Shut your stupid fucking mouth.
Here's how to create one on an M1/M2, which is the fastest throughput you can achieve for a ramdisk at the moment. Go ahead and tell Reddit that they're wrong...

https://www.reddit.com/r/mac/comment...speed_you_can/

[Reply]
Hammock Parties 11:32 PM 03-28-2023
Here's how to create one on an M1/M2, which is the fastest throughput you can achieve for a ramdisk at the moment. Go ahead and tell Reddit that they're wrong...

https://www.reddit.com/r/mac/comment...speed_you_can/

WOW! Macs are literal fucking magic! I can store 20 GB of files on an 8 GB ram disk AND still have room left over to run my applications comfortably?!?!

Fucking moron. Stop fucking posting in this thread.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 11:36 PM 03-28-2023
I'll do this all fucking night with you dipshit. Next you're going to tell me to buy a Mac Studio with 32GB RAM.

What's the price point for that? THREE THOUSAND FUCKING DOLLARS? And it still won't have what I want in it.

GO FUCK YOURSELF. STOP. FUCKING. POSTING. IN. THIS. THREAD. YOU. PIECE. OF. SHIT. TROLL.
[Reply]
Page 6 of 26
« First < 23456 7891016 > Last »
Up