ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 20
< 12345 678915 > Last »
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>Let's talk Defensive Line
Couch-Potato 02:02 PM 02-18-2023
Went through a bunch of threads to identify all of our interests across the defensive line, is this all of them? Who else should be added to the list? Removed from the list? Should anyone be moved up or down on the draft target list?

FA Targets
-DE Yannick Ngakoue, IND
-DT Da’ron Payne, WAS
-DT Poona Ford, SEA
-DE Jadaveon Clowney, CLV
-DT Kalen Saunders, KC
-DT Greg Gains, LAR
-DT Armon Watts, CHI
-DE Ardon Key, JAX
-DE Clean Ferril, LVR
-DE Ogbonnia Okoronkwo, HOU
-DT Chris Wormley, PIT
-DT Maurice Hurst, SF
-DT Andrew Billings, CIN

Vet Trade Targets
-DE Brian Burns, CAR
-DE Chase Young, WAS
-DE Carl Granderson, New Orleans
-DE Za'Darius Smith, Minnesota
-DE D.J. Wonnum, Minnesota

1st Rd Targets
-DT Byran Breese,
-DE Lukas Van Ness, Iowa
-DE BJ Ojulari, LSU
-DE Keion White, Georgia Tech
-DE Derick Hall, Auburn
-DE Isahiah Foskey, ND
-DE Nolan Smith, Georgia
-DL Tuli Tuipulotu, USC
-DE Andre Carter, Army

2nd Rd Targets
-DT Siaki Ika, BU
-DE Will McDonald IV, Iowa St.
-DL Calijah Kancey, Pitt
-DE Zach Harrison, Ohio State
-DE Anudike-Uzomah, Kansas State
-DT Mazi Smith, Michigan

3rd Rd Targets
-DT Gervon Dexter, Florida
-NT Keanu Benton, Wisconsin
-DE Adetomiwa Adebawore, Northwestern
-DL Byron Young, Tennessee
-DT Zack Pickens, South Carolina
-DL Mike Morris, Michigan
-DE Dylan Horton, TCU

4th Rd Targets
-DT Byron Young, Alabama
-DE Viliami Fehoko, San Jose St
-DE Thomas Incoom, Central Michigan
-DL Yaya Diabi, Louisville
-DE Habakkuk Baldonado, Pitt

5th-7th Rd Targets
-DE Isaiah McGuire, Missouri
-DE Caleb Murphy, Ferris St
-DE Derek Parish, Houston
-DT Dante Stills, West Virginia
-NT Elijah Simmons, Tennessee
[Reply]
Direckshun 10:51 AM 03-03-2023
Some DL thoughts on the Combine:

* Zach Harrison of Ohio State did not participate... in case you're wondering if he's worried about being projected as stiff. His arm length of 36"!?!?! is insane.

* The Chiefs can tender Tershawn Wharton... but if they don't, Ade Ade may be available early day 3? Or even Jalen Redmond.

* I can't say I know enough about Jalen Redmond, but he looked fantastic at the Combine. He's got great athleticism for a DT. He's on the board if Wharton is off the roster.

* Keondre Coburn is probably not a Chief anymore, with sub-32" arms.

* Moro Ojomo sure looks like Tarzan, but I think he's going to play like Jane. His tape is pretty good, but he did not look very solid in the drills despite being the most physically gifted DT running them in my non-professional estimation.

* I like Bresee's tape, but he didn't look super great in the drills.

* I'm surprised by Keeanu Benton's nimble-ness. Solidly a 2nd rounder to me. Great run stuffer with some upside to do more than that. He's a day one starter next to Chris Jones.

* I do not think Will McDonald or Nolan Smith are going to fall to 31. But if they do, they are foundational pieces who complement Karlaftis and would solidify our bookends for a decade. They are at the top of my board.

* Edge guys we haven't talked a lot about who I think the Chiefs will sniff out later in the draft: YaYa Diaby, Tyler Lacy.

* The 10-yard get off was phenomenal for YaYa -- 1.56 is otherwordly. Guy may sneak into the 2nd day.

* The 10-yard get off for Ade Ade was also fantastic, and I think we may be sleeping on Jalen Redmond. 1.71 at 291 pounds is fantastic, and again, he looked so fluid in the drills.

* Isaiah McGuire is not super physically gifted, but his arms are almost 34" long, his size checks all the Spags boxes, and he had a 1.72 get off, which is more than enough. I think he's a starter down the line, but he doesn't have the flashiness of the other options. If he's available in the 4th he'd be near or at the top of my board.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:20 AM 03-03-2023
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
One thing you COULD do with Kancey is play him at DE on early downs and short yardage,and then move him inside next to Jones on passing downs.

It's not the worst idea in the world.
It works with Danna and he's not near the physical specimen that Kancey is. It's far from being the worst idea. I think it's actually a GOOD idea. :-)
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:21 AM 03-03-2023
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
That’s my thought with him. I think you’d use him like Mike Danna is used, except he’s more gifted than Danna.
You took the words right out of my mouth. :-)
[Reply]
raybec 4 12:12 PM 03-03-2023
Originally Posted by Direckshun:

* Zach Harrison of Ohio State did not participate... in case you're wondering if he's worried about being projected as stiff. His arm length of 36"!?!?! is insane.

* The Chiefs can tender Tershawn Wharton... but if they don't, Ade Ade may be available early day 3? Or even Jalen Redmond.

* I can't say I know enough about Jalen Redmond, but he looked fantastic at the Combine. He's got great athleticism for a DT. He's on the board if Wharton is off the roster.

* Moro Ojomo sure looks like Tarzan, but I think he's going to play like Jane. His tape is pretty good, but he did not look very solid in the drills despite being the most physically gifted DT running them in my non-professional estimation.

* I'm surprised by Keeanu Benton's nimble-ness. Solidly a 2nd rounder to me. Great run stuffer with some upside to do more than that. He's a day one starter next to Chris Jones.

* I do not think Will McDonald or Nolan Smith are going to fall to 31. But if they do, they are foundational pieces who complement Karlaftis and would solidify our bookends for a decade. They are at the top of my board.

* Edge guys we haven't talked a lot about who I think the Chiefs will sniff out later in the draft: YaYa Diaby, Tyler Lacy.

* The 10-yard get off was phenomenal for YaYa -- 1.56 is otherwordly. Guy may sneak into the 2nd day.

* The 10-yard get off for Ade Ade was also fantastic, and I think we may be sleeping on Jalen Redmond. 1.71 at 291 pounds is fantastic, and again, he looked so fluid in the drills.

* Isaiah McGuire is not super physically gifted, but his arms are almost 34" long, his size checks all the Spags boxes, and he had a 1.72 get off, which is more than enough. I think he's a starter down the line, but he doesn't have the flashiness of the other options. If he's available in the 4th he'd be near or at the top of my board.
I think Zach Harrison really hurt himself by not doing drills. He underperformed his entire college career and a good testing would have helped him. I think MCGuire will be gone by the 4th. I wouldn't be shocked to see him go in the 2nd. He's got the right physical attributes and pretty decent production in the SEC.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 12:16 PM 03-03-2023

I like YaYa Diaby in round 2 if the Chiefs don't have a DE they like at 31. May need to move up a bit for him.
[Reply]
kozzman555 12:16 PM 03-03-2023
Is it just me or is anyone else not super impressed with McGuires tape? He always looks reaaaallly slow coming off the snap. Like he is always starting a step behind where he should be on passing downs.
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:30 PM 03-03-2023
This NKC native wants to play for his hometown team, apparently.

https://chiefswire.usatoday.com/2023...hMINRq7gGRfkSI
[Reply]
Chiefnj2 12:44 PM 03-03-2023
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KlT0-LL_hEg

A little short, but the kid is quick. I have no idea what round he's projected.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 02:49 PM 03-03-2023

Mcdonald and Smith are not 4-3 players. Sorry. They're too small. And you don't trade up in the first for a situational pass rusher. I'm sure they'll be great players, but in a 3-4.
[Reply]
Mecca 02:53 PM 03-03-2023
Those guys aren't making it to the Chiefs anyway so it doesn't really matter...
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 03:09 PM 03-03-2023
ESPN's write up on Day 1 Workouts from DL behind paywall...

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Couch-Potato 03:14 PM 03-03-2023
I really like Tuipuloto if he falls to us at #31.

At 265 it's clear he's and DE, guys got plenty of speed!
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 03:19 PM 03-03-2023
ESPN's top 5 list for DE, OLB, & DT:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Couch-Potato 06:59 PM 03-04-2023
Feels like this DL class is gettin a lot of praise, super fast! Hope we get a couple!
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 06:42 PM 03-14-2023
So... how bout Mazi Smith in the 1st?

He's not been talked about much, fits a need, got in a little trouble so he'll be there likely at the bottom of #1 but prob not the bottom of #2. What do you guys think of him playing next to CJ?
[Reply]
Page 5 of 20
< 12345 678915 > Last »
Up