ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 20
< 123 456713 > Last »
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>Let's talk Defensive Line
Couch-Potato 02:02 PM 02-18-2023
Went through a bunch of threads to identify all of our interests across the defensive line, is this all of them? Who else should be added to the list? Removed from the list? Should anyone be moved up or down on the draft target list?

FA Targets
-DE Yannick Ngakoue, IND
-DT Da’ron Payne, WAS
-DT Poona Ford, SEA
-DE Jadaveon Clowney, CLV
-DT Kalen Saunders, KC
-DT Greg Gains, LAR
-DT Armon Watts, CHI
-DE Ardon Key, JAX
-DE Clean Ferril, LVR
-DE Ogbonnia Okoronkwo, HOU
-DT Chris Wormley, PIT
-DT Maurice Hurst, SF
-DT Andrew Billings, CIN

Vet Trade Targets
-DE Brian Burns, CAR
-DE Chase Young, WAS
-DE Carl Granderson, New Orleans
-DE Za'Darius Smith, Minnesota
-DE D.J. Wonnum, Minnesota

1st Rd Targets
-DT Byran Breese,
-DE Lukas Van Ness, Iowa
-DE BJ Ojulari, LSU
-DE Keion White, Georgia Tech
-DE Derick Hall, Auburn
-DE Isahiah Foskey, ND
-DE Nolan Smith, Georgia
-DL Tuli Tuipulotu, USC
-DE Andre Carter, Army

2nd Rd Targets
-DT Siaki Ika, BU
-DE Will McDonald IV, Iowa St.
-DL Calijah Kancey, Pitt
-DE Zach Harrison, Ohio State
-DE Anudike-Uzomah, Kansas State
-DT Mazi Smith, Michigan

3rd Rd Targets
-DT Gervon Dexter, Florida
-NT Keanu Benton, Wisconsin
-DE Adetomiwa Adebawore, Northwestern
-DL Byron Young, Tennessee
-DT Zack Pickens, South Carolina
-DL Mike Morris, Michigan
-DE Dylan Horton, TCU

4th Rd Targets
-DT Byron Young, Alabama
-DE Viliami Fehoko, San Jose St
-DE Thomas Incoom, Central Michigan
-DL Yaya Diabi, Louisville
-DE Habakkuk Baldonado, Pitt

5th-7th Rd Targets
-DE Isaiah McGuire, Missouri
-DE Caleb Murphy, Ferris St
-DE Derek Parish, Houston
-DT Dante Stills, West Virginia
-NT Elijah Simmons, Tennessee
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 02:26 PM 02-26-2023
Thank you for the feedback! I see Kancey as a similar player to C Jones and I guess I'm wondering if we could play them both at the same time.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:48 AM 02-27-2023
Just looking around at later physical freaks and came across BJ Thompson out of Stephen F. Austin.

Super super SUPER raw, scrawny as hell (6'5" and maybe 240 lbs) but I think that's exactly the kind of guy you use a 7th rounder on and see if you can bulk him up. I mean that frame sure looks like it's 260+ waiting to happen and if so, he's just so damn explosive. He has really athletic feet and plus agility.

Big time project player, don't get me wrong. I don't expect him to contribute this year and hell he may not do much the next. But that kind of length/quickness just isn't easy to get and if you can just add a little weight there and refine some of this hand fighting, you could have a real dangerous rusher on your hands at a minimal cost.
[Reply]
JPH83 10:06 AM 02-27-2023
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Just looking around at later physical freaks and came across BJ Thompson out of Stephen F. Austin.

Super super SUPER raw, scrawny as hell (6'5" and maybe 240 lbs) but I think that's exactly the kind of guy you use a 7th rounder on and see if you can bulk him up. I mean that frame sure looks like it's 260+ waiting to happen and if so, he's just so damn explosive. He has really athletic feet and plus agility.

Big time project player, don't get me wrong. I don't expect him to contribute this year and hell he may not do much the next. But that kind of length/quickness just isn't easy to get and if you can just add a little weight there and refine some of this hand fighting, you could have a real dangerous rusher on your hands at a minimal cost.
Didn't he just get up to 240 over the postseason period, from, like, 210-220 or something insane like that? He's definitely intriguing, I honestly think someone might take a bet on him even slightly earlier after his pro day. Apparently he's going to be putting up some ridiculous numbers.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:14 AM 02-27-2023
Originally Posted by JPH83:
Didn't he just get up to 240 over the postseason period, from, like, 210-220 or something insane like that? He's definitely intriguing, I honestly think someone might take a bet on him even slightly earlier after his pro day. Apparently he's going to be putting up some ridiculous numbers.
I dunno - I can't see a guy that tall playing at 210 lbs though. That's borderline emaciated.

Maybe 225ish? And from the photos, I could probably buy that. He's thiiiiin. But I think in scouting speak that's called 'high cut' or 'angular' and not necessarily a deal breaker if you think you can get some good weight on him.

But you're right - his pro day may really send his stock up. If he times out where he's projected and weighs in at 245+ he suddenly looks like a 5th round pick.
[Reply]
O.city 10:16 AM 02-27-2023
Looking around at guys on teams drafted high with new FO's.....would Spags be able to use Isiah Simmons somehow?
[Reply]
Direckshun 10:18 AM 02-27-2023
Originally Posted by O.city:
Looking around at guys on teams drafted high with new FO's.....would Spags be able to use Isiah Simmons somehow?
Probably not, with our LB room being packed as it is.
[Reply]
O.city 10:20 AM 02-27-2023
Originally Posted by Direckshun:
Probably not, with our LB room being packed as it is.
If you're moving Cook into Thornhills' spot, could he play that 3rd safety hybrid type thing?

Or go the other way and make the guy a pass rusher in the Reddick mold. He's too athletic to waste.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:22 AM 02-27-2023
If you're moving Cook into Thornhills' spot, could he play that 3rd safety hybrid type thing?

Or go the other way and make the guy a pass rusher in the Reddick mold. He's too athletic to waste.
People said the same thing about Jabril Peppers.

At some point you have to actually be good at SOMETHING on a football field.
[Reply]
O.city 10:27 AM 02-27-2023
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
People said the same thing about Jabril Peppers.

At some point you have to actually be good at SOMETHING on a football field.
Yeah, but he also is in NE now so would is shock us if he turns into a decent piece under Bill?

I'd just take a flyer on the guy for a late round pick and see what we could do.
[Reply]
O.city 08:18 AM 03-01-2023
How high do we need to get to have a shot at Tyree Wilson?
[Reply]
O.city 08:44 AM 03-01-2023
Also, what does everyone think of Zaven Collins? He seems like a prime Veach buy low candidate from a team going thru big changes.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 09:00 AM 03-01-2023
How high do we need to get to have a shot at Tyree Wilson?
Top 8 and probably top 6. Isn't happening.

Also, what does everyone think of Zaven Collins? He seems like a prime Veach buy low candidate from a team going thru big changes.
As a defensive lineman?

Collins offers some intriguing things but I'm not sure I see the fit.
[Reply]
O.city 09:11 AM 03-01-2023
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
Top 8 and probably top 6. Isn't happening.

As a defensive lineman?

Collins offers some intriguing things but I'm not sure I see the fit.
Yeah, scratch the linebacker stuff and have him play rush backer.
[Reply]
O.city 09:11 AM 03-01-2023
I was just thinking about how we could get to 6.

Would require trading Jones probably.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 06:38 PM 03-01-2023
I know you think guys might think it's boring, but there's unlikely to be anyone worth reaching up for. It just doesn't seem to be that kind of draft. We'd better off staying put in those first three rounds and just drafting more good football players.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 20
< 123 456713 > Last »
Up