Page 7 of 9
« First < 34567 89 >
Media Center>Guardians of the Galaxy 3
Spott 04:11 PM 12-01-2022

First trailer just released.
[Reply]
BigRichard 07:12 AM 05-22-2023
Originally Posted by Rams Fan:
I enjoyed it a lot. Very self-contained and not too focused on world-building/tying it with other parts of the MCU.

The animal brutality at times was hard to watch, but I felt a majority of the time it was necessary to tell Rocket's origin.

I don't quite understand the point of the High Evolutionary creating a world of furries, but whatever. For a Marvel Villain, I thought he was good. None of this redeemable quality bullshit.

My major gripe aside from some of the animal scenes was Warlock being under used.
He was trying to make a perfect world but had failed for the umpteenth time so they decided to scrap the world, like they had done on all the failed attempts, and start over again.
[Reply]
Rams Fan 07:29 AM 05-22-2023
Originally Posted by BigRichard:
He was trying to make a perfect world but had failed for the umpteenth time so they decided to scrap the world, like they had done on all the failed attempts, and start over again.
I get that, but I'm sure there's a way to do it without showing furries and instead focus on a humanoid clone/project (the Sovereign, for instance) while also showing Rocket as a "failed" experiment along the way without all of the animal stuff.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 07:32 AM 05-22-2023
Maybe he went to a furry con when he visited Earth and viewed that as the perfect society
[Reply]
The Franchise 09:15 AM 05-22-2023
I like how he turned into Red Skull at the end of it.
[Reply]
staylor26 09:24 AM 05-22-2023
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
I actually disagree. Think a large part of why I enjoyed GOTG3 is that it was self contained. The MCU is getting larger and more convoluted as we go along and it makes it incredibly hard to tell a creative story when you're constantly having to link events and explain away stuff that just doesn't make sense established in other movies.

They really need to establish the new main characters first without immediately throwing them into the overgrowing melting pot. It's what they did with Iron Man, Thor, and Captain America.
Exactly, every MCU show/movie aside from No Way Home and GOTG 3 has been to set up another movie/show with very little pay off so far.

It was nice to have an actual ending.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 03:56 PM 05-24-2023
Thought it was a great movie.
[Reply]
listopencil 08:08 AM 05-25-2023
Originally Posted by Just Passin' By:
I haven't seen the movie, so I'm not questioning your position on either the visuals or the concepts, but I do have to ask (in context of the films, not anyone's real life positions on any of this stuff):

Isn't grasping such cruel treatment of him in his formation stage crucial to understanding his character as a "serious" character rather than just a caricature?
Yes. The movie made me appreciate the character more and, I think, made him a stronger character. I just didn't expect it to hit me as hard as it did.
[Reply]
Just Passin' By 06:41 PM 05-25-2023
Originally Posted by listopencil:
Yes. The movie made me appreciate the character more and, I think, made him a stronger character. I just didn't expect it to hit me as hard as it did.

Thank you very much for your answer.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 09:59 PM 05-30-2023
Great movie. See it in theaters...
[Reply]
Gravedigger 08:18 AM 05-31-2023
Definitely better than 2, hard to find much wrong with this one. Gunn is a great director, but it's pretty obvious that in order to get the audience vested, he just needed to marry the world he built, with human beings natural concern for animal endangerment.

I don't know why the high evolutionary needed to put robotic spider legs and a metal gag on a bunny, or wheels on a walrus, when all the inhabitants of counter-earth were animal mirrors of humans on earth with no machinery or cybernetic enhancements on them, but the team up at the end definitely hit the right note, with the music score that accompanied that scene, chef's kiss.

That was some of the best acting I've see Chris Pratt pull off. His scenes where he's angry, confused, sad, it was the best work I've seen by him so far in his career. With acting like that you forget that he's basically screaming while surrounded by people in green spandex. Drax has the best lines all the time; his humor is so dry and so dark but he makes me laugh almost every time. The back and forth him and Quill have when Quill says "We're going to go through anyone in our way." Then Drax says "We'll kill them all!" Then Quill says, "No Killing" then Drax says, "We'll kill a few of them." Then Quill says "No killing." Then Drax says, "We'll kill one guy, one stupid guy who nobody likes." I lost it in the theater.
[Reply]
BigBeauford 08:27 AM 05-31-2023
Yeah this was a great send-off even if I felt like Pratt had significantly less to do than the previous 2 movies. I really liked the fact that it was a mostly self-contained movie and felt divorced from the Marvel Universe. Probably going to be the last Marvel movie I watch for the foreseeable future.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 08:33 AM 05-31-2023
Originally Posted by Gravedigger:
That was some of the best acting I've see Chris Pratt pull off.
Yes. Deconstructing Starlord as a drunk jerk was brilliant.
[Reply]
Monticore 08:48 AM 05-31-2023
Did they explain or maybe I missed it but why
Spoiler!

[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 11:23 AM 05-31-2023
Two different explanations.

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Gravedigger 11:59 AM 05-31-2023
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
Yes. Deconstructing Starlord as a drunk jerk was brilliant.
Not that beginning part, but the scenes with Rocket and his sincerity with Gamorra I believe were very well done considering the only roles he's ever done are animated movies, Jurassic World and this role, it was his best stuff regardless of how low the bar might be to clear on that.
[Reply]
Page 7 of 9
« First < 34567 89 >
Up