< 12345 6789 >
Media Center>Guardians of the Galaxy 3
Spott 04:11 PM 12-01-2022

First trailer just released.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 10:13 PM 05-12-2023
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
holy shit, i'm a blubbering mess

that was the ultimate sci-fi dog movie :-)

SHE'S A GOOD DOG :-)
I’m glad someone else liked the bad dog/good dog plot line. :-)
[Reply]
CoMoChief 03:35 PM 05-13-2023
That was the best of the Guardians movies to date.

Prob a top5 MCU movie for me.

Really enjoyed it, other than No Way Home, its been a while since MCU actually came out with a good movie.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 03:37 PM 05-13-2023
Originally Posted by CoMoChief:
That was the best of the Guardians movies to date.

Prob a top5 MCU movie for me.

Really enjoyed it, other than No Way Home, its been a while since MCU actually came out with a good movie.
They do such a good job of making the villains threats that don't threaten THE ENTIRETY OF LIFE EVERYWHERE AS WE KNOW IT ALL AT ONCE and yet are still somehow credible villains.
[Reply]
Rasputin 11:30 PM 05-14-2023
Went and saw it. Exceeded expectations and i didn't even see the first two movies. I give it a thumbs up :-)
[Reply]
Wallcrawler 12:09 AM 05-15-2023
It was a decent send-off for the Guardians of the Galaxy as we knew them for this trilogy with several of the key actors being done with this franchise, but it definitely was not what I was expecting going into it.

The funny parts were funny, buy not enough to overcome the darker toned stuff for me. I fall into that strange category of kill all the humans you like, as graphically as you like, but killing/torturing animals, I'm simply not receptive to that shit in any way, and it just isn't my idea of a good time, especially one I'm paying theater prices for.

I mean can watch Stallone pin a guy to a wall with a bow and arrow and slowly cut his heart from his chest and be fist pumping and getting the rewind button ready to press, but you kill a dog or something, I'm instantly losing enjoyment for the film. Kinda strange but it is what it is.

I share the same opinion that Gamorra was terribly done in this film, as her character wasn't even recognizable in this one. I'm not sure why this was done, especially given that this is likely the last appearance of the character. I'd rather have simply seen Gamorra stay dead after endgame than have such a shit version for this film.

Hallway fight was definitely the highlight of the film for me, one of the best character to character action setpieces in the MCU since the original Avengers film.

I remember laughing in spots, but the things that stuck with me from the film going home were just all of the parts that just annoyed me or pissed me off in regard to the abuse/torture of animals, especially one of the franchise's most popular characters.

Like, we have less comedy and action with this character in favor of telling a torture/abuse story. Like, out of the literal THOUSANDS of story concepts you could come up with, "Let's not have great comedy and action spots with this character, let's monopolize his screen time with taking multiple shits on him and rubbing it in the face of the audience who came here expecting a good time." is the one you settle on?

He's a weird fucking guy anyway so it shouldn't be a surprise I guess, I mean the guy makes a disturbing amount of pedophile "jokes" so I guess I should just be happy he settled on animal abuse rather than intergalactic kiddie sex rings that Starlord & Co have to take down.

It could always be worse lol.

I doubt I purchase this one, as I can't imagine anyone wanting to sit through that more than once. Just youtube the hallway fight with the Beastie Boys soundtrack, that's about the only thing I think I'd want to see a second time.
[Reply]
listopencil 07:21 AM 05-15-2023
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
I found myself getting pissed off at the way they were ****ing with him. How painful it was for him. A movie. That’s some serious manipulation. Well done Mr. Gunn.
The animal cruelty scenes were rough. I find both body modification and animal cruelty highly disturbing so they made my skin crawl a few times.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 10:52 AM 05-15-2023
Originally Posted by listopencil:
The animal cruelty scenes were rough. I find both body modification and animal cruelty highly disturbing so they made my skin crawl a few times.
yeah that was bordering on cronenberg levels of disturbing
[Reply]
Just Passin' By 12:30 PM 05-15-2023
Originally Posted by listopencil:

I haven't seen the movie, so I'm not questioning your position on either the visuals or the concepts, but I do have to ask (in context of the films, not anyone's real life positions on any of this stuff):

Isn't grasping such cruel treatment of him in his formation stage crucial to understanding his character as a "serious" character rather than just a caricature?
[Reply]
Megatron96 01:04 PM 05-15-2023
Is this a 'must-see in the theatre' kind of movie, or can I just wait for it to stream?
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 01:15 PM 05-15-2023
Honestly, I'd probably try and see it in theaters but that's just because I believe this may be the last worthwhile Marvel project we're going to be seeing for a long time.
[Reply]
Rasputin 01:16 PM 05-15-2023
Originally Posted by Just Passin' By:
I haven't seen the movie, so I'm not questioning your position on either the visuals or the concepts, but I do have to ask (in context of the films, not anyone's real life positions on any of this stuff):

Isn't grasping such cruel treatment of him in his formation stage crucial to understanding his character as a "serious" character rather than just a caricature?

Yes that's how I took it. I didn't see the first two movies but it was easy to catch on what was going on and I wanted to know the importance of the Raccoon character and why was he so special well what he endured sure made him special. The movie really tugged at your heart with some humor mixed in and I think that's what they were going for. It worked for me. Can't sugar coat these things if you want to be honest with the audience.
[Reply]
Megatron96 01:23 PM 05-15-2023
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Honestly, I'd probably try and see it in theaters but that's just because I believe this may be the last worthwhile Marvel project we're going to be seeing for a long time.
Thx. Going to be tough finding the time, but I'll try to see it in-theatre in the next week or so.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 01:30 PM 05-15-2023
Wouldn't hurt my feelings at all if they pivoted to the High Evolutionary as the overall big bad for a bit while they wait for the Johnathan Majors situation to resolve.
[Reply]
Bowser 03:49 PM 05-15-2023
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Wouldn't hurt my feelings at all if they pivoted to the High Evolutionary as the overall big bad for a bit while they wait for the Johnathan Majors situation to resolve.
Yeah. It's too much to ask for Dr. Doom to be shoehorned in at this point, so High Evolutionary would be a fantastic fill-in for Kang if it all goes to shit for Majors.
[Reply]
Wallcrawler 12:56 PM 05-16-2023
Originally Posted by Bowser:
Yeah. It's too much to ask for Dr. Doom to be shoehorned in at this point, so High Evolutionary would be a fantastic fill-in for Kang if it all goes to shit for Majors.
Can't really do that without making Rocket and the Guardians look like Batman level stupid.

You had 2 opportunities to straight kill this guy, with a Batman-esque moral high ground excuse for not planting 2 in his skull. I mean honestly, what is Rocket's body count alone on just general henchmen? Then you get a chance to off the guy that did all this horrific shit and you're gonna say nah I'm good on this one.

Like honestly where's Deadpool when you need him.

If the H.E. then goes on to do Kang/Thanos level of villainy, hard to look at the Guardians as anything but a bunch of dumbasses for not finishing the job.
[Reply]
Page 5 of 9
< 12345 6789 >
Up