ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 6 of 8
« First < 23456 78 >
Media Center>Ant-Man & Wasp: Quantumania ( 2023)
Tribal Warfare 04:49 PM 10-25-2022

[Reply]
CoMoChief 08:52 PM 03-08-2023
Didn't really enjoy it as much as I thought I would. The first 2 Ant-Man movies were 100x better, much more entertaining.

M.O.D.O.K was horribly done, and Marvel studios ought to be ashamed of themselves on viewing that work as acceptable. It's 2023 and that was The Rock Scorpion King Mummy II bad. I mean JFC that was bad.

No Way Home has been the only good MCU movie/series since Endgame. Everything else has been very meh at best.

I think the Superhero thing has ran it's course for me, but then Michael Keaton came back as Batman.

A new Keaton Batwing, Affleck in the grey/blue suit? Sign me up.

I can not wait to see the Flash movie.
[Reply]
srvy 10:10 PM 03-08-2023
Originally Posted by CoMoChief:
Didn't really enjoy it as much as I thought I would. The first 2 Ant-Man movies were 100x better, much more entertaining.

M.O.D.O.K was horribly done, and Marvel studios ought to be ashamed of themselves on viewing that work as acceptable. It's 2023 and that was The Rock Scorpion King Mummy II bad. I mean JFC that was bad.

No Way Home has been the only good MCU movie/series since Endgame. Everything else has been very meh at best.

I think the Superhero thing has ran it's course for me, but then Michael Keaton came back as Batman.

A new Keaton Batwing, Affleck in the grey/blue suit? Sign me up.

I can not wait to see the Flash movie.
Common dude he is too old and I am an old guy.

[Reply]
BigRedChief 09:39 AM 03-12-2023
Originally Posted by BigBeauford:
Man, MCU has lost its touch post Endgame.
Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider:
Magic definitely seems gone.
Disappointed. Special effects were outstanding for sure, but that's expected these days.

You have Rudd but his humorous approach is way underutilized in this one. They need to remember unless we care about the people, the story is going nowhere. The people are the focus, not the tech.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 01:03 AM 05-19-2023
The Cassie actress is by far the worst part of the movie. A STD has more charisma then she does because at least you'd have fun before knowing shit is going to fall off with the former.
[Reply]
Mephistopheles Janx 04:31 AM 05-19-2023
Originally Posted by srvy:
Common dude he is too old and I am an old guy.

Not if they go the Batman Beyond route...

[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 05:14 AM 05-19-2023
Originally Posted by Mephistopheles Janx:
Not if they go the Batman Beyond route...

Or Frank Miller's Dark Knight Returns
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 05:44 AM 05-19-2023
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Is everyone in this thread under 25 or all have kids under 12?
My son, 17, refuses to even watch any more of the Marvel movies after how bad Thor Love and Thunder was. My daughter 13, is also uninterested.
[Reply]
Mecca 12:30 PM 05-19-2023
My son, 17, refuses to even watch any more of the Marvel movies after how bad Thor Love and Thunder was. My daughter 13, is also uninterested.
Teenage kids are disinterested in most everything...unless it involves social media.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 02:38 PM 05-19-2023
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Teenage kids are disinterested in most everything...unless it involves social media.
Both were very into the movies up through Endgame, and were excited for the new movies.

Any objective observer knows the post Endgame movies have been extremely lacking.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 02:43 PM 05-19-2023
Both were very into the movies up through Endgame, and were excited for the new movies.

Any objective observer knows the post Endgame movies have been extremely lacking.
Yep. And for those that want to point to Super Hero fatigue I had no problem getting hyped for and enjoying the hell out of No Way Home and GOTG3. But I don't have the time or energy for lackluster series and movies and that's unfortunately what Marvel has been churning out for the most part post Endgame.
[Reply]
Mecca 03:00 PM 05-19-2023
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Yep. And for those that want to point to Super Hero fatigue I had no problem getting hyped for and enjoying the hell out of No Way Home and GOTG3. But I don't have the time or energy for lackluster series and movies and that's unfortunately what Marvel has been churning out for the most part post Endgame.
I don't think it's fatigue, they lost their heavy hitters and didn't replace them. Like it or not they lost Robert Downey Jr and Chris Evans.

The new Captain America movie is being shot right now and should be good since Anthony Mackie is the best actor they have left. But the real issues came when Hemsworth decided to stick around but noticeably enjoys doing the more comedy driven Thor as he flat out said if had continued like the first 2 he was out.

The biggest thing though is Chadwick Boseman dying just hurt them like hell, he was suppose to be the torch carrying character that bridged the gap and well that's gone now.

So we're stuck with secondary characters trying to carry the mantle. They desperately have to get to X-Men and fantastic 4 because right now they have no heavy hitters.
[Reply]
RunKC 03:09 PM 05-19-2023
I was so into Dr Strange in the M/M but goddamnit did it disappoint. God that pissed me off.

Loki season 1 was actually not bad. I enjoyed it
[Reply]
Just Passin' By 04:09 PM 05-19-2023

It took a lot of bad decisions for Marvel to fall to where it is. And I haven't seen any signs that the decision making is improving.
[Reply]
007 08:20 PM 05-19-2023
This is basically Tron Legacy
[Reply]
ThaVirus 09:35 PM 05-19-2023
Well.. I didn’t love it
[Reply]
Page 6 of 8
« First < 23456 78 >
Up