ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 6 of 112
« First < 23456 789101656106 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs sign UDFA Justyn Ross
ShowtimeSBMVP 10:28 AM 05-02-2022

Clemson WR Justyn Ross is signing with the #Chiefs to their 90-man roster, per source.

Ross led the ACC in receiving as a freshman in 2018, ranked fifth nationally with 21.7 YPC and was second in receiving touchdowns. He also stands 6-3, 210 pounds. High quality addition for

— Jordan Schultz (@Schultz_Report) May 2, 2022

[Reply]
Dante84 11:48 AM 05-02-2022
Random question, but if a UDFA just completely balls out, are they eligible for a fresh, brand-new full contract?

If so, they could make so much fucking money in their career. They'd get to skip the entire rookie contract years.

That said, with a guy like this, if he were to ball out, I'd structure his deal almost entirely on incentives based on playing time.
[Reply]
saphojunkie 11:52 AM 05-02-2022
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
weak and slow

[Reply]
ModSocks 11:53 AM 05-02-2022
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
weak and slow

His 2021 Highlights aren't 4.64 slow.

He doesn't look particularly explosive off his release, but he doesn't look 4.64 (at a pro day no less) slow.
[Reply]
Bowser 11:57 AM 05-02-2022
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
He will be a top 5 WR in this league when it’s all said and done.

[Reply]
RealSNR 12:03 PM 05-02-2022
You know what? I'm going to be nice.

I do hope Justyn Ross is amazeballs. Primarily because it'd be great for the team. But a secondary reason is because of how damn happy it would make MAHOMO. I think he deserves it!
[Reply]
BryanBusby 12:04 PM 05-02-2022
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
La'el Collins after that really weird report about some distant connection to a murder that took place. Legit 1st rounder all the way up until a day or two before the draft, then that crap surfaces, only to be retracted just days after the draft, and then he winds up undrafted.

That thing was weeeeeeiiird.
Part of that was his own doing.

Not the murder link but he and his agent did threaten to hold out an re-enter the draft if any team selected him after the first round. So......nobody did.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 12:06 PM 05-02-2022
Originally Posted by Dante84:
Random question, but if a UDFA just completely balls out, are they eligible for a fresh, brand-new full contract?

If so, they could make so much ****ing money in their career. They'd get to skip the entire rookie contract years.

That said, with a guy like this, if he were to ball out, I'd structure his deal almost entirely on incentives based on playing time.
Teams can give players extensions and a new contract even if they aren’t done with their first contract. I do think Veach would be the person and be like possibly after year 2. Justyn you’ve had back to back 1,000 yard seasons so we’re gonna sign you long term
[Reply]
rtmike 12:14 PM 05-02-2022
Good for him.
Just hope he doesn't end up like me.
[Reply]
Dante84 12:16 PM 05-02-2022
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
Teams can give players extensions and a new contract even if they aren’t done with their first contract. I do think Veach would be the person and be like possibly after year 2. Justyn you’ve had back to back 1,000 yard seasons so we’re gonna sign you long term
What I'm saying is, let's say by some miracle he makes the roster, and then by some other miracle he turns in a huge/promising season, he is set to become a FA unless we agree on terms for the future or franchise him.

Would be pretty strong contract leverage for a 23 year old relative to this years' 1st round draft picks, who have to wait until year 4 to negotiate.
[Reply]
The Franchise 12:19 PM 05-02-2022
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
You know what? I'm going to be nice.

I do hope Justyn Ross is amazeballs. Primarily because it'd be great for the team. But a secondary reason is because of how damn happy it would make MAHOMO. I think he deserves it!
I’m all about him getting his fill in this thread. I got mine with Joshua Williams.
[Reply]
JPH83 12:30 PM 05-02-2022
If he's truly cleared then I'm glad it was the Chiefs who gave him a chance. It's a rough situation for him. Can't see it happening but what a story if he makes it.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 12:39 PM 05-02-2022
I really wanted Isiah Weston, but he's a Brown... :-)
[Reply]
Iconic 12:40 PM 05-02-2022
Oh my god LETS GOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! Is the talent there? 100%, like we are talking Julio Jones type potential with worse deep speed. But you wouldn't be picking up Ross because of his speed, you'd want him for his acrobatic catching abilities and nuanced route running. He would add an entirely new element to this offense if he's physically right.

Only problem is, are teams willing to accept the very small likelihood that he could quite literally die if hit the wrong way on the field. Tough situation, regardless if he's cut or not I'm glad we are the ones to give the kid a fighting chance and at least some semblance of a pay day.

Easily the #1 guy I'll be rooting for while he's here.
[Reply]
OKchiefs 12:42 PM 05-02-2022
Originally Posted by Dante84:
What I'm saying is, let's say by some miracle he makes the roster, and then by some other miracle he turns in a huge/promising season, he is set to become a FA unless we agree on terms for the future or franchise him.

Would be pretty strong contract leverage for a 23 year old relative to this years' 1st round draft picks, who have to wait until year 4 to negotiate.
That’s why Restricted Free Agency exists. He wouldn’t be eligible for UFA until after year 4.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 12:45 PM 05-02-2022
Yeah, did RFA just cease to exist?
[Reply]
Page 6 of 112
« First < 23456 789101656106 > Last »
Up