ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 33
1 234511 > Last »
Media Center>Star Trek: Strange New Worlds
Bowser 06:57 PM 04-03-2022
Maybe it's overkill having a thread for this, but meh.

[Reply]
Bowser 07:00 PM 04-03-2022
I know this is written by the same people that have given us Discovery, but I'm still kind of excited for it. I think Anson Mount does great as Pike and as the captain of Enterprise. I hope the writers exceed expectations.

And it somehow got around me that Rebecca Romijn is Pike's Number one??
[Reply]
BigRedChief 09:09 PM 04-03-2022
In. High hopes this will be a game changer for the Star Trek universe like the Mandalorian was for Star Wars.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 09:59 PM 04-03-2022
Discovery S3 and S4 are way worse than any of the other new Trek (Picard, Lower Decks, Prodigy) and those were run by a particular showrunner who started at the beginning of S3. I'm not expecting any kind of game changer with ST: SNW, but it could be a decent show.
[Reply]
Frazod 11:16 PM 04-03-2022
Good looking trailer. Definitely seems to have the vibe of the original series.

God I hope they don't fuck it up.
[Reply]
Miles 09:01 AM 04-04-2022
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
Discovery S3 and S4 are way worse than any of the other new Trek (Picard, Lower Decks, Prodigy) and those were run by a particular showrunner who started at the beginning of S3. I'm not expecting any kind of game changer with ST: SNW, but it could be a decent show.
That at least gives me some hope.
[Reply]
Indian Chief 01:32 PM 04-05-2022
Please don't suck. That's all I ask.
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 10:19 PM 04-05-2022
Man I still love the original the best, hoping this is somewhat like that..even just a little.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 11:22 PM 04-05-2022
Originally Posted by Imon Yourside:
Man I still love the original the best, hoping this is somewhat like that..even just a little.
Season 3 of Picard has all the cast of TNG back focused on their stories. Worf back kicking some ass, Geordie, Data etc.

I think Paramount gets it like Disney finally did with the Mandalorian. That’s why I’m hopeful for this one.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 09:09 PM 04-08-2022
The show revealed Spock’s full name in posters this week
Spoiler!

[Reply]
Snica 09:20 AM 04-09-2022
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
The show revealed Spock’s full name in posters this week
Spoiler!

That doesn't even make sense.
[Reply]
Frazod 12:57 PM 04-10-2022
Say hello to James Tiberius Kirk.

https://deadline.com/2022/03/star-tr...ey-1234979489/

‘Star Trek: Strange New Worlds’ Finds Its James T. Kirk With Paul Wesley

Paul Wesley is joining the cast of Star Trek: Strange New Worlds.

Wesley is starring in the iconic role of James T. Kirk in the second season of the Paramount+ drama series. The role is best known for starring William Shatner.

The casting comes ahead of the launch of season one, which premieres in May. A second season of the show was renewed in January.

Strange New Worlds follows Captain Christopher Pike (Anson Mount), Science Officer Spock (Ethan Peck), and Number One (Rebecca Romijn/Una Chin-Riley) as they explore new worlds around the galaxy. Their adventures predate Captain Kirk’s ever stepping foot aboard the U.S.S. Enterprise.

The cast also includes Jess Bush as Nurse Christine Chapel, Christina Chong as La’an Noonien-Singh, Celia Rose Gooding as Cadet Nyota Uhura, Melissa Navia as Lt. Erica Ortegas, and Babs Olusanmokun as Dr. M’Benga.

Wesley was previously one of the leads of The Vampire Diaries and also starred in Tell Me A Story for Paramount+ predecessor CBS All Access. He can also be seen in Shudder feature History of Evil alongside Stephanie Beatriz.

He has also directed episodes of Roswell, New Mexico, Shadowhunters and Legacies.

Star Trek: Strange New Worlds is showrun by Akiva Goldsman and Henry Alonso Myers with the pair exec producing alongside Alex Kurtzman, Jenny Lumet, Heather Kadin, Frank Siracusa, John Weber, Rod Roddenberry, Trevor Roth, and Aaron Baiers.

The series is produced by CBS Studios, Secret Hideout, and Roddenberry Entertainment.

“Paul is an accomplished actor, an astonishing presence and a welcome key addition to the show. Like all of us, he is a life-long Star Trek fan and we are excited by his interpretation of this iconic role,” said Alex Kurtzman, Akiva Goldsman and Henry Alonso Myers.
[Reply]
Bowser 02:35 PM 04-30-2022

[Reply]
notorious 08:03 PM 04-30-2022
Everything Kurtzman touches turns to shit.

Not holding my breath.
[Reply]
listopencil 01:10 AM 05-01-2022
Originally Posted by Bowser:
I like it.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 33
1 234511 > Last »
Up