ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 10 of 12
« First < 678910 1112 >
In Memoriam>Hello! [RIP RandallFlagg]
Randallflagg 08:10 AM 11-04-2021
Hello folks here..

My name is Christopher and I am (was) RandallFlaggs son. I tried days ago to post a quick message about my Father but for some reason it wouldn't take?

My Father passed sometime between July 28th and August 30th of this year. He died attempting to help people who could not help themselves. I can't/won't go into much detail but needless to say, his family (my Mother, Sister and I) are devastated, however we know that he wouldn't have his service be any other way.

It was a private venture into another country and he was to provide logistic support for other men. Unfortunately, as they were achieving their goal of helping folks out, they faced an ambush and may Father and 2 others were killed. I have it on good authority though that he took several with him, though.

Mom talked about how much he loved engaging on this forum. She gave me his logon information and I thought I would post this quick note to inform all of his passing. Sorry, it has taken a while to commemorate Dad, but we were asked to "keep it under wraps" for a time.

Thanks to all of you who wrote to him on his time here.

Goodbye Chief!! You will be remembered forever. RIP Dad.

Christopher A

Originally Posted by Randallflagg:
Hello again!

I came in this afternoon from taking care of the stock to find my Mother crying her eyes out, reading these responses. In her words, These are truly great people to post these wonderful responses. They have truly made her feel better (if that is possible).

One of my Dad's best friends, a retired Colonel, who was with them on their trip has contacted my Dad's publisher and asked to do a "final chapter" in his book. They are currently working that out. As soon as it becomes available I will let you all know.

Still, I can not thank you all enough from the bottom of my heart for the kind messages that you have all posted. My Father, although "elderly" was never one to shy away from what he considered to be his duty. Mom tried to talk him out of going, but she knew it was a waste of time so, as many times in the past, she kissed him goodbye and told him "See you when you get back". Unfortunately, this was his last ride. Knowing my Father however, he would have wanted it this way.

Now, his ranch is on my shoulders to take care of and I will. Every day when I see the sun coming up, his horse stomping around in the barn, coffee on the stove, I think of him fondly.

God bless you all. Thanks again for your kind responses.

Christopher

[Reply]
jdubya 01:30 PM 11-05-2021
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
He told me it was done, and in the DC thread he confirms it by saying its 256 pages and 10 chapters
I was just reading that thread. Very late February he said it was going to be published in 8 weeks. It should have come out very late April or early May if my higher math is on point.
[Reply]
FlaChief58 02:01 PM 11-05-2021
RIP
[Reply]
bdj23 03:08 PM 11-05-2021
Dang, that sucks. I was always jealous of his soon to be laying low out in Wyoming (a dream of mine too).

He was an interesting personality and will surely be missed around here.

RIP old timer
[Reply]
Perineum Ripper 03:50 PM 11-05-2021
During my quick trip to Afghanistan a few months ago to help get citizens out that were left, I had heard about an ambush and we tried to respond. Don’t know if it was Randall or not, we did try to get out to that area. We were stopped due heavy fire and only being 4 of us trying to get there.

If that was him, I’m sorry I was not able to get there quicker, not being able to help, not being there with his outfit. I hope your family finds peace
[Reply]
Easy 6 03:56 PM 11-05-2021
Originally Posted by mac459:
During my quick trip to Afghanistan a few months ago to help get citizens out that were left, I had heard about an ambush and we tried to respond. Don’t know if it was Randall or not, we did try to get out to that area. We were stopped due heavy fire and only being 4 of us trying to get there.

If that was him, I’m sorry I was not able to get there quicker, not being able to help, not being there with his outfit. I hope your family finds peace
I kinda figured you would've gotten wind of that situation, I'm still just stupefied that he was even there to begin with... the fucking BALLS on that old dude
[Reply]
Frazod 04:58 PM 11-05-2021
Originally Posted by mac459:

Man, that sucks. The whole situation is just sickening. :-)
[Reply]
HemiEd 05:18 PM 11-05-2021
One of the good guys gone, he will be missed. My sincerest condolences to your family. RIP RandallFlagg
[Reply]
Reerun_KC 06:20 PM 11-05-2021
This guy was a true American hero and legend. This is truly sad and he will be missed more than many will know. Much respect for his sacrifice to protect us all.

Ps mods. Thanks for removing the old thread where our vile dogshit humans like rodeo and cosmo, etc were posting their usual moronic disgusting tripe. Much respect for that action.
[Reply]
Randallflagg 09:40 PM 11-05-2021
Hello again!

I came in this afternoon from taking care of the stock to find my Mother crying her eyes out, reading these responses. In her words, These are truly great people to post these wonderful responses. They have truly made her feel better (if that is possible).

One of my Dad's best friends, a retired Colonel, who was with them on their trip has contacted my Dad's publisher and asked to do a "final chapter" in his book. They are currently working that out. As soon as it becomes available I will let you all know.

Still, I can not thank you all enough from the bottom of my heart for the kind messages that you have all posted. My Father, although "elderly" was never one to shy away from what he considered to be his duty. Mom tried to talk him out of going, but she knew it was a waste of time so, as many times in the past, she kissed him goodbye and told him "See you when you get back". Unfortunately, this was his last ride. Knowing my Father however, he would have wanted it this way.

Now, his ranch is on my shoulders to take care of and I will. Every day when I see the sun coming up, his horse stomping around in the barn, coffee on the stove, I think of him fondly.

Christopher
[Reply]
Easy 6 10:03 PM 11-05-2021
Hello again!

Christopher
Thank you so much for updating us, and by all means we want that book... please let us know how to get it when possible

Your old man, just wow... words aren't enough
[Reply]
Bwana 11:08 PM 11-05-2021
Hello again!

Christopher

Thanks for the update Christopher, hopefully you can stick around and post every so often.
[Reply]
stevieray 11:12 PM 11-05-2021
Hello again!

Christopher
You are undoubtedly very proud of your father, and you should be..it's pretty evident he and your mom raised one hell of a son.

Good fortune to you with the ranch.

:-)

p.s. Can't wait to read your father's words.
[Reply]
cdcox 11:58 PM 11-05-2021
Christopher, I’m so sorry for the loss that you and your mother are going through. I’m glad you both have fond memories by which to remember and honor him.
[Reply]
Fishpicker 05:11 AM 11-06-2021
RIP Randall

it seems like Randall was one of those rare combinations, a good guy and a total bad ass.

I'm looking forward to the book
[Reply]
Chiefs=Champions 04:24 PM 11-06-2021
Sorry to hear that. RIP to your dad
[Reply]
Page 10 of 12
« First < 678910 1112 >
Up