ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 6 of 22
« First < 23456 7891016 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>What Does Matt Cassel Mean To You?
MarkDavis'Haircut 09:48 PM 04-09-2020
Hey guys, long time no see.

Raiders fans are turning on Carr.

So I was wondering how long does it take before anger at a former QB disappears?

Thus, the question.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 09:46 AM 04-10-2020
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:
Clay, do you still have Matt Cassel's "deal with it" gif?

The batch of new CPer's we've had in the Reid era don't know how much they missed out on by missing your GIF'D up threads. Gallows humor was all that sustained me through the Pioli era.

[Reply]
jd1020 10:13 AM 04-10-2020

[Reply]
Chiefspants 10:37 AM 04-10-2020
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
Rep. GIF’D up was the stuff of legends, dude.
[Reply]
Mecca 10:40 AM 04-10-2020

That is what it's like.......a dude has to throw it like a hail mary 35 yards out....
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 10:51 AM 04-10-2020
Rep. GIF’D up was the stuff of legends, dude.
I filled the hole in my soul with the sweet taste of ennui.

I embraced the suck and used it to better myself.
[Reply]
Eureka 10:59 AM 04-10-2020
Carr is not that bad. Raider fans won't be paying to fly a banner saying Carr sucks around the stadium during game day.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 11:16 AM 04-10-2020
Originally Posted by Eureka:
Carr is not that bad. Raider fans won't be paying to fly a banner saying Carr sucks around the stadium during game day.
Carr definitely isn’t Cassel, but he is absolutely every “good, not elite QB” we had from 1990-2017. He is far better than the likes of Bono and Cassel, of course - but definitely in the Grbac/Smith range.

Just give him a great offensive line, a strong run game, elite weapons at receiver, a Top 5 defense, and a Super Bowl is a real possibility!
[Reply]
Dunerdr 11:23 AM 04-10-2020
When we got our asshole blown out by the falcons in week one during the cassle era i was forever done with him and ready to blow it up. Even as a young optimistic late teen/ early 20s man i was never on the casshole train. I did at one point allow myself to believe that dwayne bowe was the fucking man though.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 11:26 AM 04-10-2020
Originally Posted by Dunerdr:
When we got our asshole blown out by the falcons in week one during the cassle era i was forever done with him and ready to blow it up. Even as a young optimistic late teen/ early 20s man i was never on the casshole train. I did at one point allow myself to believe that dwayne bowe was the ****ing man though.
That was the day the veil hanging over the Pioli era should have fallen for everyone. It did for most and was instrumental for SaveOurChiefs - but it’s amazing how many TrueFans thought Pioli and Cassel needed a couple more years and a few more weapons! to compete.
[Reply]
Eureka 11:27 AM 04-10-2020
Carr definitely isn’t Cassel, but he is absolutely every “good, not elite QB” we had from 1990-2017. He is far better than the likes of Bono and Cassel, of course - but definitely in the Grbac/Smith range.

Just give him a great offensive line, a strong run game, elite weapons at receiver, a Top 5 defense, and a Super Bowl is a real possibility!
Most QB's could make it with what you suggested. :-)
[Reply]
Chiefspants 11:33 AM 04-10-2020
Originally Posted by Eureka:
Most QB's could make it with what you suggested. :-)
No!! Carr really is special. He has such a good personality and is the exact kind of person you want leading your franchise. It’s Gruden’s job to give him the weapons he needs and assemble the right 52 around him. Carr just needs a couple of more years in Gruden’s system and a deep threat weapon like Antonio Brown, an offensive line, a defense, and a few breaks along the way and he’s golden. Besides, if the Raiders take a chance and draft someone, what happens if they burn out and waste the talent around them? With Carr, we know exactly who they are going to get.

Chiefs fans better look out if Gruden decides to stick with Carr for 3-5 more years.
[Reply]
Eureka 11:38 AM 04-10-2020
No!! Carr really is special. He has such a good personality and is the exact kind of person you want leading your franchise. It’s Gruden’s job to give him the weapons he needs and assemble the right 52 around him. Carr just needs a couple of more years in Gruden’s system and a deep threat weapon like Antonio Brown, an offensive line, a defense, and a few breaks along the way and he’s golden. Besides, if the Raiders take a chance and draft someone, what happens if they burn out and waste the talent around them? With Carr, we know exactly who they are going to get.

Chiefs fans better look out if Gruden decides to stick with Carr for 3-5 more years.
He has played over the years with some of the worst defenses in NFL history.
[Reply]
Mephistopheles Janx 11:48 AM 04-10-2020
Trying to be as objective as possible here...

Cassel was the equivalent of having a huge blackhead on the tip of our nose that we couldn't squeeze out for 4 years.

Cassel was that time you felt your belly rumble and knew you had to shit so you make a beeline to the nearest toilet only to have shit run down your leg as you start pulling your pants down.

Cassel was like the time you were playing with a baby and they puked on your face and in your mouth.

Cassel was like plowing the ugly fat chick in highschool because, sex is sex. Only to find out she gave you the clap.

Cassel was like being forced into a room, the door being locked, and having to listen to Celine Dion's "My Heart Will Go On" on loop for 4 years.

Cassel was the equivalent of putting your foot in dog shit every single time you took a step... no matter where you tried going.

---

That is what Cassel means to me.
[Reply]
ChiefBlueCFC 11:52 AM 04-10-2020
Originally Posted by Mecca:

That is what it's like.......a dude has to throw it like a hail mary 35 yards out....
:-) :-) WHOLE LEE SHIT! :-)
[Reply]
FAX 11:52 AM 04-10-2020
I like the Celine song that she performed for the Deadpool movie.

FAX
[Reply]
Page 6 of 22
« First < 23456 7891016 > Last »
Up