ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 7 of 7
« First < 34567
Media Center>Marvelous Mrs. Maisel
TwistedChief 07:29 PM 12-20-2018
I'll admit that I don't think CP is a place that would normally appreciate a show like this that's based on 1950s/1960s Jews in NYC. But - it's on Amazon Prime and the second season was just released, and it's the most brilliantly written show I've ever encountered wherever you come from. Smart, funny, EVERYTHING. Incredible casting.

My top five all time that this is trying to break into (as perspective):

Seinfeld
The Wire
Game of Thrones
Black Mirror

If this gets one of you gentiles to consider watching, I'll say it's a success.
[Reply]
Buehler445 07:19 AM 05-26-2023
I thought it was a nice ending.

I’ve been thinking a lot about the structure of the ending and I like it more than I thought I did. They hit some nice beats there. While actually closing the story up.

That being said it’s hard to tell a story that the audience knows the end. But I thought it worked.

There was a little less humor than I’d hoped for other than

Spoiler!

I’m continually amazed at how much I enjoyed the show. Despite most of the notes not typically being something that resonates with me.

Well done. I’ll for sure rewatch one of these winters.

Interestingly I rewatched S4E9 of Succession with my buddy before I watched the finale of Maisel. It’s interesting how well written they both are in entirely different ways.

There has been a lot of talk about the writers strike and the writers of Conan or Law and Order or whatever, but things like these 2 shows are what I hope doesn’t get lost as the industry moves forward. We really are in the golden age of TV. Between streamers facing economic realities and the writers strikes and AI and so on it may be over soon, but I hope not. Shows like this one and Succession while being entirely different encapsulate what’s right about the industry.
[Reply]
Zebedee DuBois 02:41 PM 05-26-2023
They did a good job with this final season of pulling all the story lines to a fairly satisfying conclusion. The 'flash forwards" of her grown kids and especially Susies' TestaRoastial did a lot of the heavy lifting in that regard, freeing the final episode of the necessity of dealing with all that, and allowing it to be about her 'big break'. Nicely done.

I agree with her bit on the Gordon Ford show not being a side splitter, but it also served as a summation of the entire show.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 08:12 PM 05-27-2023
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
I thought it was a nice ending.

I’ve been thinking a lot about the structure of the ending and I like it more than I thought I did. They hit some nice beats there. While actually closing the story up.

That being said it’s hard to tell a story that the audience knows the end. But I thought it worked.

There was a little less humor than I’d hoped for other than

Spoiler!

I’m continually amazed at how much I enjoyed the show. Despite most of the notes not typically being something that resonates with me.

Well done. I’ll for sure rewatch one of these winters.

Interestingly I rewatched S4E9 of Succession with my buddy before I watched the finale of Maisel. It’s interesting how well written they both are in entirely different ways.

There has been a lot of talk about the writers strike and the writers of Conan or Law and Order or whatever, but things like these 2 shows are what I hope doesn’t get lost as the industry moves forward. We really are in the golden age of TV. Between streamers facing economic realities and the writers strikes and AI and so on it may be over soon, but I hope not. Shows like this one and Succession while being entirely different encapsulate what’s right about the industry.
I thoroughly enjoyed it. And I can’t believe this show is ending within hours of Succession and Barry which are two absolute gems as well.

I thought the finale was very satisfying. The season was as good as any before it imho and wrapped things up nicely. I can’t get over how good the writing was throughout.

Pour some liquor out for the cast. They were amazing.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 08:33 PM 05-27-2023
As the ending credits rolled it was like eh, Amazon just doesn't have anything like this to transition to. A big loss for them.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 09:33 AM 06-05-2023
Agree, they stuck the landing. So many series endings suck. Glad to see this. Brought a smile to my face.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 10:21 PM 06-05-2023
I’ve been to that Chinese restaurant that they went into near the end of the show last night. It’s a fantastic place. Looks like a dive on the outside and inside but The food is the best Asian I’ve ever had. Also this fish was the best. Go down the stairs and eat there.
Attached: IMG_0508.jpg (94.0 KB) IMG_0511.jpg (85.3 KB) 
[Reply]
InChiefsHeaven 05:56 AM 06-06-2023
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
I’ve been to that Chinese restaurant that they went into near the end of the show last night. It’s a fantastic place. Looks like a dive on the outside and inside but The food is the best Asian I’ve ever had. Also this fish was the best. Go down the stairs and eat there.
LOL...that fish looks fucking awful...but to each his own man.:-)
[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:21 AM 06-06-2023
Originally Posted by InChiefsHeaven:
LOL...that fish looks ****ing awful...but to each his own man.:-)
I'm not shitting ya, best tasting fish ever.
[Reply]
Page 7 of 7
« First < 34567
Up