ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 3
1 23 >
Media Center>The Good Place
Rain Man 03:15 PM 11-26-2016
Anyone else watch this show yet? I kind of enjoyed Sesaon 1. It's about a dead woman who mistakenly gets sent to "the good place" when she should have gone to "the bad place". Kristen Bell really makes the show, and Ted Danson is very good as well. I can take or leave the rest of the cast, but Bell is great.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 03:51 PM 11-26-2016
I think Danson makes the show. If you enjoy him in this role, I recommend a lightly regarded HBO show Bored to Death. Its the role where he kind of honed his new comedic schtick as an absent-minded well-meaning patrician. In Bored to Death, Jason Schwartzman and Zach Galifinakis open an amateur detective agency in Queens. If you know Jonathan Ames [Blunt Talk], it's very much his baby, kind of a reality-based Wes Anderson. Danson plays their rich Manhattan buddy who helps their 'sleuthing' and digs them out of trouble when the need arises, and who shuffles around rich and mildly high [and of course hilarious] the rest of the time.
[Reply]
NJChiefsFan 03:56 PM 11-26-2016
Season 1 is over? I didn't even know it started.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 05:13 AM 09-29-2017
Season 2 is underway [2 back to back as premiere, then one last night].

Even after the wild plot to end last season, they've upped their game yet again, thus far.

In terms of quality comedic writing, only Rick and Morty compares [yes, I compared a network show favorably to R&M].

MoF, the show is now such a highwire act that people watch in fear. 'When is going to fall apart? It has to eventually fall apart, right?'

Geez, if you watched just last season, the assessment that it's as good as ever even comes across as a bit of a spoiler for these three episodes.

If you aren't up to date on it, don't research it, or look for other opinions. Just watch and enjoy.
[Reply]
old_geezer 06:12 AM 09-29-2017
I caught the last half of the last episode of season 1 just by chance (I had never heard of it) and enjoyed it so much I set my DVR to record any future episodes. This season has been a complete hoot so far and has turned into one of my favorite comedies. I see a DVD of season 1 is coming out in October. I don't usually buy DVDs but I will make an exception for this one.
[Reply]
Rausch 09:21 AM 10-01-2017
The wife is a huge Bell fan (I can't say I hate watching her either) but it's on the ass-end of our Netflix...
[Reply]
Rausch 09:23 AM 10-01-2017
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
In terms of quality comedic writing, only Rick and Morty compares [yes, I compared a network show favorably to R&M].
This will be excellent or I will lead the horde of torches and pitchforks...:-)
[Reply]
JD10367 05:11 PM 10-04-2017
Originally Posted by Rausch:
The wife is a huge Bell fan (I can't say I hate watching her either) but it's on the ass-end of our Netflix...
IMO the "good place" is definitely right between Bell's legs. She's a smokeshow. And she can sing and is funny and seems like a nice person.
[Reply]
Nickhead 03:51 AM 02-04-2018
everybody knows your name :-)
Attached: cheers2.jpg (36.9 KB) 
[Reply]
cooper barrett 06:55 AM 02-04-2018
Where did you find that, I'd like to see that in 4k.

There is too much good TV to watch Ted Danson....
[Reply]
Baby Lee 01:37 PM 10-06-2018
:-)FFF; border:0; border-radius:3px; box-shadow:0 0 1px 0 rgba(0,0,0,0.5),0 1px 10px 0 rgba(0,0,0,0.15); margin: 1px; max-width:540px; min-width:326px; padding:0; width:99.375%; width:-webkit-calc(100% - 2px); width:calc(100% - 2px);">
:-)FFFFFF; line-height:0; padding:0 0; text-align:center; text-decoration:none; width:100%;" target="_blank">
:-)3897f0; font-family:Arial,sans-serif; font-size:14px; font-style:normal; font-weight:550; line-height:18px;"> View this post on Instagram

:-)000; font-family:Arial,sans-serif; font-size:14px; font-style:normal; font-weight:normal; line-height:17px; text-decoration:none; word-wrap:break-word;" target="_blank">#ServedInAChevyHubcap Please enjoy some of the unreal talent behind #TheGoodPlace that rarely takes center stage- our props and set dec depts. They are constantly making us laugh with thier hidden gems. (Things to note: the size of the drinks compared to my hand, the grand canyon getting ruined by a monster truck, the new famous heads of mt. Rushmore, and my personally favorite: the items on the menu at the Cowboy Skyscraper Buffet). Thank u a million times over to the crew of @nbcthegoodplace for sharing your talents with us all.

:-)c9c8cd; font-family:Arial,sans-serif; font-size:14px; line-height:17px; margin-bottom:0; margin-top:8px; overflow:hidden; padding:8px 0 7px; text-align:center; text-overflow:ellipsis; white-space:nowrap;">A post shared by :-)c9c8cd; font-family:Arial,sans-serif; font-size:14px; font-style:normal; font-weight:normal; line-height:17px;" target="_blank"> kristen bell (@kristenanniebell) on

Check out the menu in the 2nd picture
[Reply]
Nickhead 01:19 PM 10-12-2018
i can feel jason's pain when it comes to watching the nfl while in australia :-)
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 01:26 PM 10-12-2018
I've watched this entire show certain that they have no way to keep it going for another year but they've done a damn nice job so far.

Mike Schur (the creator; created Parks and Rec and Brooklyn 99 as well) is a guy I was following years and years ago without even knowing it. There was an old baseball blog that used to mock ridiculous sports broadcasting called 'Fire Joe Morgan'. One of their founders was a guy who went by the pseudonym 'Ken Tremendous' and the dude was funny as hell.

Years later I found it he was Mike Schur.

Smart, funny people are pretty much always gonna be smart and funny people.
[Reply]
carcosa 02:25 PM 10-12-2018
The cast is the sitcom equivalent of the Chiefs offense. Top to bottom home run hitters.

Schur = Reid
Danson = Mahomes
Bell = Hill
Harper (Chidi) = Hunt
Jacinto (Jason) = Kelce
Carden (Janet) = Watkins
Jamil (Tahani) = Conley
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:27 PM 10-12-2018
Originally Posted by carcosa:
The cast is the sitcom equivalent of the Chiefs offense. Top to bottom home run hitters.

Schur = Reid
Danson = Mahomes
Bell = Hill
Harper (Chidi) = Hunt
Jacinto (Jason) = Kelce
Carden (Janet) = Watkins
Jamil (Tahani) = Conley
That's not true.

I have never in my life searched for Conley naked on the internet, come up short and then masturbated to the mere possibility of finding pictures of Conley naked on the internet.

Shit. I've said too much...
[Reply]
Page 1 of 3
1 23 >
Up