ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>Anyone else over the Georgia prospects ballwashing by the media?
RunKC 10:28 AM 05-10-2023
I really don’t get it. These guys are put on a pedestal by the media bc their college team was good, but their prospects have not lived up to the hype. You’d think these guys are Bama draft picks. And it’s mainly the defensive line and front 7 overall guys.

Travon Walker got all this buzz and went over Hutchinson. Dude had one solid year but Hutchinson was an animal that could not be blocked. It made no sense to go over him. Low and behold, Hutchinson looked like the much better pro player as a rookie while Travon Walker couldn’t get much going. He even got stonewalled by Jerrick McKinnon.

Jordan Davis is pretty much a big NT that can’t rush the passer well enough. 1-2 sacks a year on that DL with talent everywhere with that athleticism? He played in 13 games on a stacked Philly DL and had no sacks, 1 TFL and no QB hits. Yikes

DeVonte Wyatt struggled badly. No need to pull his stats up. Packers fans weren’t pleased.

I guess Quay Walker looked pretty decent for a LB, but he made the most reeruned decision of the season with his antics pushing a trainer. Literally wtf.

Jalen Carter had a season high of 3 sacks on this dominant DL and Nolan Smith had 4.5 as the career high on the same “insane DL”.

It seems to me like these guys get pumped up more than anyone bc they blow up the combine. Especially the DL. I don’t get it. I really don’t.

Like okay Nolan Smith ran a 4.4 at 230 lbs soaking wet. He fell to the end of the first rd for a reason. But the Eagles are amazing for drafting him bc he ran fast? Wut.

Call me a homer, but I would rather have FAU after seeing him get 89 pressures and 19.5 sacks in 2 years as a 19/20 year old playing on a DL that wasn’t stacked and rushed 3 a ton.

Idk maybe this is how the league feels about us since we’re on top, but man I’m getting some Georgia fatigue from the media ballwashing these guys, especially their defensive prospects.
[Reply]
JPH83 12:55 AM 05-13-2023
Originally Posted by staylor26:
I think the issue is that they're all talked about as if they're sure things.
Yeah I guess if that's the case then I agree. I doubt many here would've hated getting any of them at the pick they went. Maybe Walker and Davis we'd have grumbled a bit.
[Reply]
JPH83 01:02 AM 05-13-2023
Originally Posted by BryanBusby:
It's because you're draft professional players and not who has the most highlights on the SEC on CBS (RIPPPPP soon).

When you're drafting that much from one school you have to wonder if the pro team is really keyed in on how they will fit in as NFL players in their scheme.
Well take someone like Smith. He could absolutely be too small and flame out. But he could also be the next Reddick, and he might be the next Reddick quicker than Reddick developed because he has Reddick to learn from. That seemed a decent gamble to me. They know how we MIGHT fit.

I get the point that playing on a stacked team can make you look good, but man a lot of these guys just...were good imo. I'm pretty certain the Eagles weren't just watching their highlights.

I mean other than Walker what are we using to say they're overrated or haven't worked out?
[Reply]
JPH83 01:17 AM 05-13-2023
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
It's become a tautology.

"We loved those guys in college and so we ranked them high on our draft boards. Now they got drafted lower than we expected but that doesn't mean we were off on them, it means the Eagles are fantastic because they agreed with us!!!"

It's just peak tail wagging dog stuff.
Who got drafted later than expected? Maybe Carter for character questions? Maybe Smith but lots of people had him late 1st.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 10:17 PM 05-13-2023
Originally Posted by JPH83:
Well take someone like Smith. He could absolutely be too small and flame out. But he could also be the next Reddick, and he might be the next Reddick quicker than Reddick developed because he has Reddick to learn from. That seemed a decent gamble to me. They know how we MIGHT fit.

I get the point that playing on a stacked team can make you look good, but man a lot of these guys just...were good imo. I'm pretty certain the Eagles weren't just watching their highlights.

I mean other than Walker what are we using to say they're overrated or haven't worked out?
There's not enough history quite yet to gauge comfortably.

I'm just not a firm believer in just trying to look really good as a Kiper reviews your scorecard. Sure he gave your draft an A+ but how do those players fit in and help you win today?

Baltimore got themselves trapped in that game and we'll see if Philly does the same.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up