« First < 273334353637
Media Center>Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull
Hammock Parties 01:46 PM 12-10-2007
OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG

*NERDGASM*

[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 03:49 PM 06-29-2011
Originally Posted by JD10367:
Ford said, "As an actor, I think it's my obligation to support the film without making a complete ass of myself." In other words, you DO NOT BADMOUTH the film or the director or any part of it. Ford cashed his check, did his work, and did the dog-and-pony press junket without saying anything bad about the film. That's called being a professional. It's what kids like Shia and Megan Fox don't know yet. It's what Richard Dreyfuss did after "Jaws", which he now regrets. You do your job, you shut the **** up, you don't burn bridges.
Nah, I think you can acknowledge when something didn't go well. Shia has a personal relationship with Spielberg, so I don't think he burned any bridges there. He also didn't talk smack about Lucas or Ford, laid the blame at his own feet for not being able to pull it off. I certainly don't like the kid, but he didn't badmouth it until it was out of theaters, if I'm not mistaken, and well after it was universally panned as the POS that it was.
[Reply]
Frazod 09:12 AM 06-30-2011
I guess LaBeouf needs a little more juice before he can get away with this stuff. One of my favorite movie star quotes, from Michael Caine regarding Jaws 4:

"I have never seen it, but by all accounts it is terrible. However, I have seen the house that it built, and it is terrific."

:-)
[Reply]
JD10367 09:42 AM 06-30-2011
Originally Posted by frazod:
I guess LaBeouf needs a little more juice before he can get away with this stuff. One of my favorite movie star quotes, from Michael Caine regarding Jaws 4:

"I have never seen it, but by all accounts it is terrible. However, I have seen the house that it built, and it is terrific."

:-)
Ayup. And it's not like an actor has any real control over how a project turns out. I mean, unless he/she's got super juice with the studio, it's up to the producers, director, cinematographer, and editor. The actor can only act out their part as they think it needs to be. Hell, I think Ford said everyone on the "Star Wars" set thought the movie was going to be a joke and a flop. :-) Yeah, a lot of them start out to make "art", but they also like to make money, too. If someone offers them stupid-money to do something, they'll take it.
[Reply]
MarkDavis'Haircut 08:36 PM 05-26-2023
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG

*NERDGASM*

You never learn.
[Reply]
Page 37 of 37
« First < 273334353637
Up