ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 8
< 12345 678 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Angels pitcher dies in Texas...
Mecca 03:05 PM 07-01-2019

Angels statement on the passing of Tyler Skaggs. pic.twitter.com/6XA2Vu1uWV

— Los Angeles Angels (@Angels) July 1, 2019

Just pitched last night I believe.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 11:41 PM 07-12-2019
Angels threw a no hitter. All players wore 45. Mom threw a strike as the opening pitch. Trout hit the first ball he saw 454 feet. Ball 4 in inning 5 prevented this game from being perfect. God works in mysterious ways.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 11:53 PM 07-12-2019

Mike Trout noted that the Angels scored 7 first-inning runs and finished with 13. Tyler Skaggs' birthday is 7/13, tomorrow. "You can't make this stuff up," Trout said.

— Alden Gonzalez (@Alden_Gonzalez) July 13, 2019

[Reply]
neech 12:03 AM 07-13-2019
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
https://www.smobserved.com/story/201...80.html?m=true

Worthless story PB.
[Reply]
eDave 12:42 AM 07-13-2019
Baseball is a magical thing. It's a spiritual sport.
[Reply]
Why Not? 01:10 AM 07-13-2019
Originally Posted by eDave:
Absolutely. We were at dinner with 3 other couples and stopped at the bar with one out in the 9th. Not a dry eye in the place when the jerseys started to be placed on the mound. Really a touching experience.
[Reply]
kstater 08:08 AM 07-13-2019
So is baseball gonna just sweep the pill popping under the rug and promote the "feel good" of last night or actually use their platform

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Why Not? 08:27 AM 07-13-2019
Originally Posted by kstater:
So is baseball gonna just sweep the pill popping under the rug and promote the "feel good" of last night or actually use their platform

If that is indeed what happened(and it well may have, but personally as a KC sports fan, I’m over judging any athlete until I see absolute proof)now wouldn’t be the time for baseball to take a stand, which there’s not really precedent that they would anyway. I certainly don’t recall a huge anti cocaine/boating under the influence stance by MLB after the death of Jose Fernandez. Regardless of the cause of death, it’s still sad that a 27 year old, a good dude by all published accounts, lost his life. He was obviously beloved by teammates and fans. Anything MLB said or did to detract from last night would’ve been inappropriate.

If it does come out that his death was opiate related, I hope MLB does use their platform. But I’m not holding my breath.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 09:36 AM 07-13-2019
Originally Posted by kstater:

in the 50’s and 60’s baseball players regularly took “greenies” to get up for games. “Greenies” was speed. Yogi Bera and Mickey Mantle talked about it openly that almost everyone in baseball took them daily. Baseball teams knew about this. They talked to reporters about it when it was happening, not just later when they retired.
[Reply]
MVChiefFan 10:48 AM 07-13-2019
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
in the 50’s and 60’s baseball players regularly took “greenies” to get up for games. “Greenies” was speed. Yogi Bera and Mickey Mantle talked about it openly that almost everyone in baseball took them daily. Baseball teams knew about this. They talked to reporters about it when it was happening, not just later when they retired.
The 1950’s pre-workout!
[Reply]
BigRedChief 02:50 PM 07-13-2019
Originally Posted by MVChiefFan:
The 1950’s pre-workout!
they'd stay out all night drinking and then pop some speed to be able to play baseball the next day. All American young men, pride of the nation. Role models for our youth.

We never seem to learn the truth about our “heroes” until decades later.
[Reply]
eDave 02:53 PM 07-13-2019

[Reply]
GloucesterChief 03:28 PM 07-13-2019
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
they'd stay out all night drinking and then pop some speed to be able to play baseball the next day. All American young men, pride of the nation. Role models for our youth.

We never seem to learn the truth about our “heroes” until decades later.
Baseball has never made an issue with the recreational drugs like the NFL has.
[Reply]
GloucesterChief 03:28 PM 07-13-2019
Greatest athletic achievement ever.
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 03:37 PM 07-13-2019
Man you know the MLB has the full footage of Dock's no-hitter at Area 51.
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 04:29 PM 07-13-2019
:-):-):-):-)
[Reply]
Page 5 of 8
< 12345 678 >
Up