ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 22 of 63
« First < 121819202122 2324252632 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>What are some of your favorite product purchases?
DaFace 07:47 PM 05-23-2019
A thread to talk about some of the things we've bought and are really happy with. The end. Or the beginning.
[Reply]
DeepPurple 07:39 AM 07-12-2019
In 2013 I purchased a Dashcam for about $80 on eBay. I've moved it around in my last 4 cars. It's nice to have in the event something goes wrong. When I first got it, like most new things, I was always taking out the memory and looking at the video. Mine is like this one, but this is I believe the latest version, it's very small and usually you can put in behind the rearview mirror. Make sure yours has a capacitor and not a battery, they make them both ways, the battery one can be problems because of the heat.

https://www.amazon.com/Rexing-Dashbo...=bestcont06-20

Here's a video I shot a few years ago while driving where I live, in the Villages, Florida. My car at the time was a Hyundai Veloster Turbo. We have 35 two lane traffic circles within our community and a lot of people don't know how to drive. Here's a incident when drivers didn't know what they were doing.

[Reply]
scho63 08:47 AM 07-12-2019
Originally Posted by DeepPurple:
In 2013 I purchased a Dashcam for about $80 on eBay.

That's pretty cool! I always thought about buying something like that but I don't drive like the maniac I once was.

I read somewhere that Russians use the most dashcams as a percentage of drivers and Chinese the most as a number.
[Reply]
scho63 08:48 AM 07-12-2019
I paid $11.87 for this disposable watch at Walmart. If it breaks I'll just toss it in the garbage and buy a new one.
Attached: IMG_20190712_073832.jpg (63.3 KB) 
[Reply]
displacedinMN 10:47 AM 07-12-2019
Originally Posted by scho63:
That's pretty cool! I always thought about buying something like that but I don't drive like the maniac I once was.

I read somewhere that Russians use the most dashcams as a percentage of drivers and Chinese the most as a number.
Heard that too. Russians drive like shit.
[Reply]
Sorce 11:00 AM 07-12-2019
Originally Posted by scho63:

It's not about you driving, it's protecting yourself from scammers or liars when it comes to accidents. Also being able to have video of crazy shit you saw.
[Reply]
Mecca 11:02 AM 07-12-2019
If I had one of those it would just show how people drive like idiots when they get around me.
[Reply]
displacedinMN 11:11 AM 07-12-2019
Originally Posted by Mecca:
If I had one of those it would just show how people drive like idiots when they get around me.
True. I feel like people deliberately drive like shit around me.
[Reply]
Buehler445 02:55 PM 07-12-2019
Originally Posted by DeepPurple:
In 2013 I purchased a Dashcam for about $80 on eBay. I've moved it around in my last 4 cars. It's nice to have in the event something goes wrong. When I first got it, like most new things, I was always taking out the memory and looking at the video. Mine is like this one, but this is I believe the latest version, it's very small and usually you can put in behind the rearview mirror. Make sure yours has a capacitor and not a battery, they make them both ways, the battery one can be problems because of the heat.

https://www.amazon.com/Rexing-Dashbo...=bestcont06-20

Here's a video I shot a few years ago while driving where I live, in the Villages, Florida. My car at the time was a Hyundai Veloster Turbo. We have 35 two lane traffic circles within our community and a lot of people don't know how to drive. Here's a incident when drivers didn't know what they were doing.

To be fair, roundabouts are stupid.
[Reply]
In58men 01:39 PM 07-13-2019
Put new shoes on my favorite product!!!

This truck is fucking amazing!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
displacedinMN 03:48 PM 07-13-2019
agree with Buehler.....Roundabout are f-ing stupid. Any that they are building here are also too small.

Minnesotans cannot merge or do 4 way stops anyway-roundabouts make them worse.....
[Reply]
srvy 04:34 PM 07-13-2019
Originally Posted by displacedinMN:
agree with Buehler.....Roundabout are f-ing stupid. Any that they are building here are also too small.

Minnesotans cannot merge or do 4 way stops anyway-roundabouts make them worse.....
I hate roundabouts myself with a passion. Want to know why Sates, Cities and Counties love them. Its cheaper to build them than signalize a intersection and maintain it. Also and maybe even more reason they love them is it takes all liability off them and puts it on you the driver.
[Reply]
Rain Man 06:28 PM 07-13-2019
Originally Posted by srvy:
I hate roundabouts myself with a passion. Want to know why Sates, Cities and Counties love them. Its cheaper to build them than signalize a intersection and maintain it. Also and maybe even more reason they love them is it takes all liability off them and puts it on you the driver.
Apparently they're much better in terms of crashes. You don't have t-bones and head-ons with roundabouts. So that's an advantage. I agree, though; it stresses me out to drive through one because I figure someone's going to appear out of nowhere and take me out.

I went through one last year that was far and away the biggest one I've ever seen. The middle of it was just open field, and I swear it probably had three or four acres of land in there. You could barely see the cars on the far side.
[Reply]
PHOG 06:37 PM 07-13-2019
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
Apparently they're much better in terms of crashes. You don't have t-bones and head-ons with roundabouts. So that's an advantage. I agree, though; it stresses me out to drive through one because I figure someone's going to appears out of nowhere and take me out.

I went through one last year that was far and away the biggest one I've ever seen. The middle of it was just open field, and I swear it probably had three or four acres of land in there. You could barely see the cars on the far side.
I can understand roundabouts, when they're used properly, But, there is one I know of on a federal high-way no less, that I just :-).

Its on 75 highway just north of Lyndon Ks south of Topeka
[Reply]
displacedinMN 09:07 PM 07-13-2019
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
Apparently they're much better in terms of crashes. You don't have t-bones and head-ons with roundabouts. So that's an advantage. I agree, though; it stresses me out to drive through one because I figure someone's going to appear out of nowhere and take me out.

There is a big ass one in Long Beach CA. Flowed well. Made more sense than the little ones.
[Reply]
Young9Cothinho 11:00 PM 07-16-2019
Interesting topic!!
[Reply]
Page 22 of 63
« First < 121819202122 2324252632 > Last »
Up